• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Pyramid documentary

Tony2013

Skilled Investigator
A few months back I saw a documentary on one of the cable channels (History, Discovery, et al) about the pyramids, and the theory that it's used as an astronomical calculator or some such thing. I know it's pretty vague, but I'm wondering if any of you ufonauts here know off the top of your head what I'm talking about, or could recommend something along those lines. It was pretty unique; I dont' remember ever seeing anything like it. I believe the matter of celestial ages was part of the documentary as well, and perhaps they mentioned the pyramids as possible communication tools.

Sorry I can't remember more. I'm like a bookstore customer I used to loathe... "There was a book over there last month with a red cover...."

It could quite possibly be a part of the Graham Hancock series of documentaries (possibly titled Underworld or The Quest For The Lost Civilization) or, if it was narrated by Leonard Nimoy it could be a British documentary that I believe has made the rounds of the Discovery Channel family of channels called (again, this is as well as I remember) The Great Pyramid: Gateway to the Stars.

Do you remember who was in it or if it was one hour or two?

Because they tend to sell these shows on DVD, you may try searching the Discovery Channel store or the A&E Store (they own the History Channel) to see if you come up with a title.

I did some searching through Amazon and I came across "Egypt in the New Millenium: Christopher Nunn - Secrets of the Giza Pyramids." It was made in 2005 and it's fairly long, so it seems to coincide with what I remember. Plus it's out there; part of the documentary is looking at the Pyramids as giant power plants.

Anyone ever seen this documentary?

Youch! 240 minutes? That would end up running close to 6 hours on television (you get about 40 minutes of content an hour when you remove commercials, credits and re-caps of previous shows). I'm not sure that this would have run as-is on cable.

Back