• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Proof (or evidence) that the "one-eyed kitten" probably is NOT a hoax!

J

Jessi

My mom has a lot of books from her days in medical school, and my friends and I used to look through them sometimes. She had a book about chromosomal abnormalities with a ton of sad pictures of freakishly deformed babies and fetuses.

When I saw the one eyed kitten, it looked genuine to me. I recognized that it might have cyclopia, an actual medical term for babies born with one eye. I've seen in the medical books several human babies suffering from the affliction, which is due to a chromosomal error. Babies born with this are severely malformed in many ways, and usually do not survive more than a few hours, or at most, days. That's why you don't see one-eyed cyclops people walking around. The fact that it was a young kitten and died soon after birth is much better evidence that it is real and not a hoax then if a fully grown one-eyed cat was "discovered".

Here is a link about cyclopia in humans, with pic. You can search for information about it on google.

http://www.scottcarneyonline.com/blog/2006/08/cyclopian-child-born-in-chennai.html

The fact that people are so ready to call EVERYTHING a hoax immediately is a sign of ignorance. If they had done any research at all, they would have found out that this is a sad deformity that does occur in nature, occasionally.

Awsome! But true it is very sad. Hopefully they find loving families.

Back