• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Preston Dennett

Randall

J. Randall Murphy
Preston Dennett began investigating UFOs and the paranormal in 1986 when he discovered that his family, friends and co-workers were having dramatic unexplained encounters. Since then, he has interviewed hundreds of witnesses and investigated a wide variety of paranormal phenomena.

He is a field investigator for the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON), a ghost hunter, a paranormal researcher, and the author of twenty-two books and more than 100 articles about UFOs and the paranormal.

His articles have appeared in numerous magazines including Fate, Atlantis Rising, MUFON UFO Journal, Nexus, Paranormal Magazine, UFO magazine, Mysteries Magazine, Ufologist and others.

His writing has been translated into several different languages including German, Portuguese, French, Russian, and Icelandic. He has appeared on numerous radio and television programs. His research has been presented in the L.A. Times, the L.A. Daily News, the Dallas Morning News and other newspapers. He has taught classes on various paranormal subjects and lectures across the United States. He currently resides in Reseda, California.

The show will be recorded starting at Noon Pacific on Friday Nov. 23, 2018

Links: Books

Ok I’m going to give this a try/final shot.
So looking in the web I see that your upcoming guest is nothing if not prolific in his output of books, articles, blog etc ..... but how truly scientific is he? And does this count as “research” in the true sense of the word?.
It seems to me possibly more like “collation” - the gathering of experiences.
There’s no doubt that there are masses of incidents of experiences (including his own) - but where is the tangible, physical evidence/proof that the phenomena is actually material?

The above is just a preamble really. So my specific questions are:
1) what is your guest’s personal belief/s with respect to the phenomenon
2) where is, in the right here and right now, the physical evidence/proof of its material existence ? (pieces of material, bodies etc).
3) what has Mufon really achieved to date? What is it’s condition/philosophy now and what is it’s future? (They’ve had some true crackpot guests on recent conventions.
4) Is “ufo-olgy” now just another branch of the entertainment business?

Opinions on any or none of these would be appreciated
Best wishes

Ok I’m going to give this a try/final shot.
So looking in the web I see that your upcoming guest is nothing if not prolific in his output of books, articles, blog etc ..... but how truly scientific is he? And does this count as “research” in the true sense of the word?.
It seems to me possibly more like “collation” - the gathering of experiences.
There’s no doubt that there are masses of incidents of experiences (including his own) - but where is the tangible, physical evidence/proof that the phenomena is actually material?

The above is just a preamble really. So my specific questions are:
1) what is your guest’s personal belief/s with respect to the phenomenon
2) where is, in the right here and right now, the physical evidence/proof of its material existence ? (pieces of material, bodies etc).
3) what has Mufon really achieved to date? What is it’s condition/philosophy now and what is it’s future? (They’ve had some true crackpot guests on recent conventions.
4) Is “ufo-olgy” now just another branch of the entertainment business?

Opinions on any or none of these would be appreciated
Best wishes
I'll make sure these issues are covered in the show, and afterward add an opinion or two of my own and hope you're okay with that. Thanks for participating in the Question Bank!

Thanks - much appreciated. I’ll be listening as soon as the episode is posted on iTunes.
Prolific as he is, he’s a total unknown to me and I hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Four questions asked. Thanks.
I really liked Preston's enthusiasm and authenticity even if he gives more weight to some of the cases than you or I would. Also glad he's coming back for ATP. So if anyone has any more questions, there's still time to get them in!

Back