• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Posting personal experiences

mikec

Skilled Investigator
Posting personal experiences
==================

Is there a way for folks to post their personal experiences, and maybe this forum isn't the right format. (or, maybe it is) Would it need something more than it's own thread?

I realize that some of the listeners (myself included) have had some extremely bizarre paranormal / UFO events in their lives.

People with real-life experiences are probably going to be drawn to shows like this. THere is potentially a wealth of un-tapped stories out there, and that fascinates me.

Whitley Strieber's site has a fascinating set of pages called "INSIGHTS" that was a place for people to send in their personal experiences. This makes for some very strange reading. The un-edited first person accounts are often MORE curious than the UFO researchers would let on.

Plus - I suspect that people want to tell their stories. And part of it is that people might need to "get it off their chest" in a format that won't bring on ridicule.

Any thoughts?

peace,
MikeC!

Your wish is our command. Check our new forum. :D

Feel free to post your own encounters in "Your Personal Experiences Forum." As we move through the older message threads, we'll transfer some to the same locale, but otherwise, it's a fresh start.

OK Gene,
How come everytime I try to post one particular experience it doesn't work. I have tried three differnt times and the last time was a few minutes ago.
How long does a person have to post something. This particular post wasn't even that long.
EERRR

OK Gene,
How come everytime I try to post one particular experience it doesn't work. I have tried three differnt times and the last time was a few minutes ago.
How long does a person have to post something. This particular post wasn't even that long.
EERRR
There is no time limit that I'm aware of. What's happening?

The old forum would time me out after awhile. Seemed like 15-20 minutes.

After I hit send, I'll make a new message but wait a half hour and see if it times me out.

I rather have the confirmation. It should be working fine for everyone, unless there's an individual conflict on one's computer, or some other issue.

The first time I tried to post this was with the old forum. I also had dial up at the time and was kicked off the internet. The second and third time was with the new forrum. I would write the post and was told I was not logged in. I would log in and the post was gone. I do not know. Both times I thought I was already logged in.

The first time I tried to post this was with the old forum. I also had dial up at the time and was kicked off the internet. The second and third time was with the new forrum. I would write the post and was told I was not logged in. I would log in and the post was gone. I do not know. Both times I thought I was already logged in.
We don't have any settings that would log you off here. You might want to clear all the cookies in your Tools or Preferences related to this forum, log out and login again and see if that fixes the problem. Frankly, I haven't been logged out in days on my notebook, desktop or even my iPhone.

Back