• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Pilots as superior observers

John Lear has some dark agendas, as well as being as loopy as a fruit salad.

He may be a great pilot, but you couldn't pay me enough $$$ to get on a plane with him at the controls.

dB

valiens said:
According to Dr. Richard Haynes who has studied this, pilots do not make better observers than non pilots.

Causing people to focus on the phrase "better observers" is a debate tactic - it takes the argument on a tangent and away from the actual point, which is:

Is a pilot better able to recognize whether an object flying in the sky is a conventional airplane or not?

The answer in my opinion is obviously yes. Can a fisherman distinguish a known fish from an unknown fish species better than a non-fisherman?

I'm not saying that anyone here is using a debate tactic, but perhaps falling victim to a debate tactic by focusing on this tangential item.

Yeah, one would think that just by being closer and perhaps eye-level to a UFO would make you a better observer, whether psychologically you're better equipped to observe or not.

You have all got it wrong. I am the best observer of all things known and unknown. Not pilots, astronomers, angels or chickens -- but me.

And do check out valiens new show w/Paul Kimball. It's a good listen. How about the Paracast and Culture of Contact do a podcast war? Or a game show? How about you do a contest where a fanboy -- me, perhaps -- stars in a commercial advertisement, saying "This is [insert name] and you're listening to [insert podcast name]."

I was over at ATS and he was drooling all over Horn of all people, complimenting him in a BM thread. Oh, then he states you can breathe on the moon (without a suit).... Lear is as puzzling as the little grey guys, no, more so.

I think it's safe to assume most pilots aren't as flakey as Lear.

Back