• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Phil Imbrogno show

Wulfi

Paranormal Novice
I just finished listening to the show. Thanks for putting Phil on it was nice to hear him talk. I wonder if that video of the triangle he spoke of is on the web.

I Listened to the show yesterday and really enjoyed it.

I was not very familiar with the Hudson Valley sightings so that was helpful for me to hear his personal experiences in documenting and also experiencing it. There is just so much UFO info out there, it's tough to keep track of all the various events and trends over the years which is why I probably past over that stuff before.

What I found really fascinating was his discussion about the elderly Native American guy who told the legend of those stone chambers. Really cool stuff and reminded me of the Atlantis Cayce stuff I've been reading where he says that the 3rd catostraphe which was the nail in the coffin for Atlantis happended 10,000 years ago and the survivors went off to various lands including North America, Yucatan, Egypt where thier ancient culture and technology continued to influence other cultures like the Mayans, Egyptians and North American native tribes. Perhaps the Vikings were in contact with some of these ancient advanced cultures and those chambers were part of that ancient technology that we've seemingly lost touch with.

If no leading archeologists are willing to take the time to look into those chambers, that is pretty dumb! There could be evidence of the type of ancient paranormal like technology that we hear about in old legends/myths.

The guy from Saucer Smear is certainly a character and it's fun to hear his schtick and while I appreciate his old school ways of doing things since he's a throw back, I don't imagine he will be uncovering any ground breaking developments, he seems content to sit back and provide editorial commentary on others work like a backseat driver, and if his latest issue is gonna focus on Alien Autopsies which has been rehashed a million times, I can't say that is of much interest to me.

I'd love to hear another 1 hour worth of material about those stone chambers and the native american dude's discussion with Phil.

They should try to get some local university people interested and see if they can get some funding to do more research (maybe he's already done that, but in the interview it didn't seem like it).

Archaeologists stay away because their grants do not come from a government interested in changing our historical perspective. They get no funding for the cultural diffustionist theory and diffusionists are shouted down within the archaeological community because their backers insist on it. As the review at the link states, reputations, fame, and racism play a role, as well as the wandering spirits of those natives unearthed.

For a better understanding of many archaeological studies which have been buried due to their findings, Bones by Elaine Dewar is an excellent read.

Oddly enough, (or maybe not) the book was never published for sale in the U.S.A. but can be ordered through Random House Canada. This is no flighty attempt at journalism but a hands on study of the facts.

http://www.randomhouse.ca/catalog/display.pperl?isbn=9780679311546

Favored institutions such as National Geographic even play a role in burying stories that don't meet criteria such as the city found off the coast of Cuba. NG was given a contract and the investigation has gone nowhere. It hasn't even begun and probably never will, but the contract ties it up sufficiently. Excuses have been made, briefly, but it's a dead end.

The term "Clovis First!" is hallowed ground. Few varying studies have been able to make the news heard, but Kennewick Man made it through, in part because he is of European descent rather than the truly Native American. Funny, the government tried to aid NAs with burying Kennewick Man too, but they, the government and hallowed institutions, couldn't silence the courts.

At stake? The silly Bering land bridge theory which was based on an unresearched idea. The idea that people could actually walk to the Americas on a barren bridge which would not be hospitable with sources of food, plant and animal, for a thousand years once the ice retreated.

An important finding? One that has begun to leak out into the press on occasion, is that boats were used long before we give man credit for being able to build them and navigate. The studies unearthed in Bones bear this out.

Poi said:
Rocketsauce, remember to check out Amazon.ca (Canada.) Can't be found at "our" Amazon.

I guess you haven't checked in a while, I quickly found this on Amazon.com, ...no need to look in Canada.
I am skeptical of "investigative journalists" delving into fields they are not trained in, but I don't know anything about this particular author. Looks interesting. I like this subject, but there has been so much energy put into making the settlement of the Americas fit certain models (scientific, pseudoscientific, and/or pure fantasy) that I don't know who to trust nowadays.

I haven't listened to this episode, maybe I'll give it a try.

I've been playing catch-up with Paracast episodes, as I've been plagued with PC problems for the last couple of weeks. I've just listened to the Philip Imbrogno episode and was very impressed by his approach. I like the fact that he doesn't ignore the paranormal aspects of UFO sightings, and I am very heartened by his no-nonsense approach. I hope we hear more of him on the Paracast,

Funny, Brian. I checked Amazon before I posted and couldn't find the book. That's when I checked the Canadian version and found it again. In any case, I'm glad it's out there.

Dewar only investigates sites and discoveries by legitimate archaeologists, no one of the psuedo variety. The difference is, the particular archaeologists she interviews have decided they won't be hushed. They give the evidence as they find it and are shouted down. She gives them voice.

A friend borrowed the book and hasn't returned it, but I think Dewar's dad was an archaeologist. She had a particular interest in the profession and history due to familial interest anyway. I can promise that it is worth the read. It's a huge study and she leaves little to the imagination.

Phil Imbrogno has just been on Coast to Coast. Thought people here might like to know he sent C2C some pics that were mentioned in the interview (haven't heard it myself yet), and have now been put up on the C2C site.

See here:

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/gen/page2532.html?theme=light

Two of them are to do with the Hudson Valley, and the Hudson Valley UFO which he talked about on The Para "my god its a good program when you listen to it after listening to C2C drivel" Cast.

Back