• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Paranormal State

Ron Collins

Curiously Confused
Just curious, has anyone seen the show Paranormal State on A&E? Is this show at all credible? It seems so.....produced.

Paranormal Packrat said:
I watched like 20 seconds of it. That's all I could take.

Ditto. The moment I heard the guy say something like "We call 3am "dead time" because it's the opposite hour to 3pm, the time of the death of Christ" I was done.

I've seen a few episodes and it falls flat. One time the investigator had to bring in Lorraine Warren to help and then it became a Catholic-orama with mega-blessings and the like. In this episode he also had to remove his worker-bees because it was "too dangerous".

I think the guy is from Penn State paranormal group. Was he on the paracast or am I thinking of someone else?

I think this show will be experienceing "dead time" real soon.

I just saw my second episode. Apparently, there is some demon that is hunting the lead guy. They presented this in that "He who shall not be named" sort of manner. This will probably be my last viewing..unless the only other thing on is Dog the bounty hunter.

Holosonics. Just plain creepy, thank you.

I watched the show and was turned off by the religious overtone.

If "overproduced" means fake, well, that's what I thought. I'd rather see a couple of plumbers making a bad show at ghost busting as long as they are honest in their search for bump in the night goodies.

absolute fuckin' garbage. Whatever TAPs did to forward ghost research or credibility, these morons will set back 20 years. It's (admitted by main character/investigator on his blog) a scripted show. Enough said. The idea that any network is spending money on shit like this is sickening. If ya wanna give money away, feed starving people or donate it to cancer research...this is just a waste beyond belief.

I half-watched two episodes... I decided I couldn't take anymore when, if I was following events correctly, some college student was telling a lady why the lady's teenage son had committed suicide, based on psychic impressions. But when you say 'scripted'... the 2nd episode I saw seemed to involve these young spook chasers dealing with real people who felt they were haunted... was that the case or were those actors...?

Oh and CapnG the comment about 3 a.m. was my first "Uh, what?" moment but I let the show keep playing past that for awhile.

I cannot get through one episode without yelling at my TV, so I don't watch it anymore. Seeing Lorraine Warren so entwined, and all the "demon hunting" going on makes me nauseous. It's too bad, too, because they're mucking up cases for other investigators who aren't afraid of every spirit being a demon!

Back