• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Ozark Conference 2009

Ally

Skilled Investigator
Since David asked I thought I would write about my conference experience. This isn't going to be an intellectual write up about the speakers. I decided after avoiding these type of conferences for five years to give it another shot.

http://www.ozarkufo.com

I flew in the day before. The first flight into Houston, the last half an hour was so turbulent, I actually had to use the puke bag supplied on the airlines. It is a good thing I didn't have too much in my system.. sorry if this is TMI!

When I arrived in Houston I asked where my gate to my connecting flight was, I had about a half an hour and MAN that was a long haul. The next flight was a very small charter plane that took me into Fayetteville/XNA in Arkansas. After I picked up my luggage I met a very interesting taxi driver that drove me into Eureka Springs. He had his doberman pinscher with him and told me about all the political battles that go on in Eureka Springs.

About ten miles or so before the town the road gets very twisty and has very sharp turns. Between that, the intense energy of this area, and my earlier flight I wasn't doing too well and could not hold back how I felt. The taxi driver was very nice about it, gave me a tour of the city ( no extra charge ) and actually helped me get one of my bottled water runs done. What that means is that I drink a ton of bottled water and is something I usually have to figure out how to get when I am out of town without a car.

When I arrived it was sunny but that soon turned into this awesome thunderstorm and tornado warning. It was also a full moon and for someone that is energy sensitive this is a very intense natural high. The first person I talked to that was attending the conference was a Greer fan. I said my peace and then decided to not let this bother me too much. I met some of his family and other people and soon realized that the ETH wasn't even an option to debate. I decided to just have fun and or tell some of my story if the opportunity presented itself.

A man joined the group that seemed more with it and I ended up later that night spilling my guts to a group of three in a hotel room.

The next day my objective was to set up a time to meet with the Dolans.
I found them around lunch time, introduced myself and Rich said we could meet later that afternoon.

I attended Grant Cameron's talk and found it superficial for a lack of a better word.

The next talk was Ted Philips and a little after his talk started Richard saw me and asked if I minded seeing him then....what I am going to say no!
Good cliff hanger here.

So I talked to Rich for awhile. Like UFOlogy there is no reader's digest version to my life to put it mildly. I don't know if I was able to get across what I wanted to but I gave it a good shot.

After talking to Richard I attended part of Angelia Joiner's talk but wasn't that engaged. I could not help wonder if I had had been articulate enough with Richard in our earlier meeting.

I decided to go back to my room to regroup when I met this character that I hung out with quite a bit for the next two days. He asked me if I wanted a ride up this small hill to which I said sure. Normally I wouldn't do this but people including myself act differently during conferences. I didn't feel any danger around him either. I do trust my intuition. We ended up eating dinner and I made it clear that A. if he was here to officially mess with me good luck and B. I really wanted to see Dr Farrell's talk that night. I think he found me just as much of a character as I found him. He was in the military reserves which gave my joking and not so joking paranoia something to ponder

Dr Farrell's talk was quite fascinating as always. I met him briefly after the talk and once in the vending room. I also met Timothy Good after his talk and talked to him in more depth later. Dr. Farrell was nice, professional but somewhat detached. Not too much transpired from meeting him personally but I still respect his work.

Before Dr Farrell's talk a man sat behind me and started to tell me about his book project he was doing and how his goal was to be on Coast to Coast. All my BS and internal bells were going off with this person. He said he was writing a book about sightings of the Virgin Mary. I asked him what he was doing at a UFO conference to which I got some kind of BS answer. This guy had plastic fake written over him and kind of gave me creeps.

Later that night I went back to the room where I spilled my guts and asked two of the people there what they were up to. They said they were going to The Lone Star bar. I assumed this was a bar that would take us outside the hotel area. Since I don't see well at night I asked if they could help me get there OK. They said yes but it was very close. The Lone Star bar is actually a suite in the hotel that is part of the conference sort of.

It was very close and actually the lighting situation was fine but I fell anyway..how me! As we got closer to the room I could feel the energy from the group and started to get ungrounded. I fell and didn't realize that I was bleeding since I was ungrounded and it didn't hurt.

Once I realized I was bleeding this became a funny scene that I can only describe as out of a movie. This gray haired man with a very strong Arkansas accent whips out band aids, antibiotic creme, says I need 20 minutes of ice to get the swelling down ( and an ice bag appeared) and he has done snake bites, gunshot wounds, burns you name it he knew what to do. I had several people ask me even days later how my leg is. I do have a nice scar on my shin from this trip and will always remember the nice Arkansas man!

I was so glad the the next morning's speaker was Wendelle Stevens a talk I didn't have to get up for. As it tuns out he didn't even show up.

The next talk was Richard Dolan's which I thought was done very well as usual. He sooooooo needs to have this new book out so that people can read it. I will continue after I eat.

Well I just lost this next post in cyber space.. where was I again. Oh I hate to give this guy any more publicity. I told him off twice during the conference. I am usually nice if I think someone is genuine but mentally ill, however, if they are annoying cons that make up shit this just pisses me off.

Let me back track here. Dolan's talk was on Saturday and although some of Friday and Saturday night Lone Star Bar's experiences are blurring together, I am fairly sure I talked to Timothy Good on Friday night.

I had and still have some questions about the "hybrid" theory. Mr Good is a genuinely nice person and a good listener. He also introduced me to another person from the Woodbridge/Bentwater's incident whos name I can't remember.

Ok back to Saturday's talks. I missed the next one which would have been Dr. Paul LaVioette's talk. I was talking to people and seeing the town.

Linda Moulton Howe was the next speaker in line. She talked about the Bentwater's case. I really didn't realize how many facets this incident has.
She brought up the time travel possibility of this event supposedly told to one of the participants. The weird rules as to when these future humans could travel or not seemed intuitively off to me.

The next speaker was Timothy Good. I usually like his talks, sense of humor and accent! I was quite distracted by the person next to me and only remember parts of it. I am sure it was good.

The last event of that night was a DVD that I also did not see. I was caught up talking to people that I met at conference.

I ended up where all conferences end up talking at the Lone Star bar. I had some quite intense/deep talks with one of the musicians that plays at this conference.

I also talked to Linda Moulton Howe and from our conversation liked her. I realize she has a reputation for not being all that accurate for a reason but could not tell that by our talk.

I slept in and went to the conference hoping to hook up with the crowd that was still around on Sunday. The Sunday event was supposed to end at noon so I got there around 11:45 but no one was around. I then went to the restaurant and there was a huge line and it was the after church Easter Sunday crowd. Oh the culture shock haha!

I ended up hanging with the musician/experiencer and the person that started and puts on the Lone Star Bar. They were a lot of fun.

I left Monday riding with the same interesting taxi driver .I handled the drive back to the airport a lot easier and even had time between connecting flights after that long walk in the Houston airport.

I did a lot of preparation for this conference and I think unless something happened without my knowledge I made it back in decent shape. I have had many conferences where I seem or I should say do get messed with.

I am glad I got to meet the speakers and people that I did. I still do not know if I was able to convey certain things that I wanted to successfully to the right people.

Wow, Ally! Thanks for the stories of how it all went for ya! I hope you are ok now? (from bein' sick and the fall?).

Sounds like it was definitely a memorable event!

I plan on going to a Conference in July held in Kansas City (I think).

I'm gonna meet Stan (and some others) can't wait, whoohoo! :)

Thanks Bixy,
Most of my trips are quite memorable. As far as my health is concerned I am doing quite well considering.

Good luck on your upcoming conference and just remember you can always rudely walk away from a weirdo if needed to!

Also find out where the bar or party is because that is where the real information and connections are found.

Thanks Bixy,
Also find out where the bar or party is because that is where the real information and connections are found.
Before telephone and internet existed, I believe the pubs were the richest source of information exchange between humans for hundreds, if not thousands of years.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Back