• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

On The Show - Ronald Olch & Christopher O'Brien

Randall

J. Randall Murphy
RonOlch-01b.pngRonald Olch is part of the UFO Data Acquisition Project ( UFODAP ). He developed their system's mechanical, electronic, software, and documentation starting from proof-of-concept in 2014. He has a BS in Engineering and Computer Science, and an MS in Computer Science from UCLA, where his thesis was Computer System Architecture for a Brain-Computer Interface.

Ronald is also a founding member of the Los Angeles UFO Research Group which met monthly from 1973 to 2015, and currently by video conference. He is also a Senior Life Member of the IEEE Computer Society. He was the first to open a microcomputer store in West L.A. and has been a consultant for the scientific applications of microcomputers.

His career history includes work with Teledyne Controls ( aerospace ), Walt Disney Imagineering theme parks, and AeroVironment ( UAVs ). He has had a lifetime interest in designing, building and programming embedded electronic systems, and is a named inventor in eight patents. After more than 30 years of engineering and invention, Ron is now retired and continues his work with the UFODAP.

Go Fund Me: UFODAP for the San Luis Valley, organized by Christopher O'Brien

1608091043633.pngChristopher O'Brien is no stranger to The Paracast. Longtime listeners will immediately recognize him as the voice of insight and wit alongside Gene Steinberg between 2010 and 2018. Along with a healthy dose of dry humor, Chris and Gene together interviewed dozens of guests, the roster of which is a virtual Who's Who in the field of ufology and the paranormal.

Chris is also the author of three excellent books Secrets of The Mysterious Valley, Stalking The Tricksters, and Stalking The Herd: Unraveling the Cattle Mutilation Mystery. Together these works constitute countless hours of field work and in-depth research into strange experiences, UFOs, and the mysterious deaths of cattle and other animals.

In addition to being an author and interviewer, Chris is also a fine musician with a taste for progressive rock. His keyboards are featured on a number of CDs, including the Southern Colorado original rock group Laffing Buddah. Get Chris' books, CDs, e-books and more from the links below. Here's his bandcamp page: christopher o'brien's collection | Bandcamp

Paracast Production Date: Thursday December 17, 2020 | 2:00 PM MT
Post any questions or comments for discussion below

Last edited:
Oh, man I can’t wait to hear Chris’ voice again. I remember chatting to him somewhere about his projects and potential future podcasts - I’d love to get an update on that stuff.

And if he’s still been chatting to Stanford, and has any new info in that regard as well. I’d love to hear Ray’s take on the released footage from TTS, et al. I’ve been meaning to try to set up some time to chat with him, but given my workload right now it’s hard to find the several (!) hours a ‘brief’ chat with Ray takes - and I mean that in a good way.

Oh, man I can’t wait to hear Chris’ voice again. I remember chatting to him somewhere about his projects and potential future podcasts - I’d love to get an update on that stuff.

And if he’s still been chatting to Stanford, and has any new info in that regard as well. I’d love to hear Ray’s take on the released footage from TTS, et al. I’ve been meaning to try to set up some time to chat with him, but given my workload right now it’s hard to find the several (!) hours a ‘brief’ chat with Ray takes - and I mean that in a good way.
If Chris hangs in there for the ATP, I think @Gene Steinberg would probably be okay with having you join us on the panel ( if you're available ).

Are they both at the same time on the show ?
Ends up that Chris came in late due to the fact that he had to shovel tons of snow at his residence in New York State. But he was on plenty during the episode.

Both Chris and Ron are back with After The Paracast, where they continue the conversation.

So if you haven't subscribed to The Paracast+, this is a great time. We still have a few coupon codes for James Fox's "The Phenomenon" with three hours of extras.

To check out The Paracast+, please visit:

Your question was asked on After The Paracast. Too much to cover on the main show, especially with Chris' late arrival.

Back