• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

On the Show — George Wingfield

OK, so you’re in Northern Ireland. I visited the Co. Antrim coast quite recently (Giant’s Causeway, Dunluce Castle, etc.) but didn’t hear any talk of UFOs. Not even on my tour of the Bushmills Distillery!
Lol. Well there are actually a lot of sightings in this.
I live about 20 miles from Bushmills and I have to tell you while I have never seen a UFO I have seen a few strange things after consuming a bottle of their whisky.

The most important thing, George, is to evaluate and, if need be, reevaluate the so-called classic cases to make sure that no critical evidence is missed. You raise some serious possibilities and concerns that should be discussed more often.
With some UFO classic cases or close encounters there is insufficient evidence to draw any good conclusions about what really occurred. The same is often true for cases where there was just a single witness without anyone else to support his/her version of events. Such cases one can best describe as anecdotal. There are also cases where there have been several witnesses but their accounts of what they saw often differ, so these too may always remain a mystery.

The reason I concentrated on the Rendlesham Forest Incident is because there were two primary witnesses, as well as several secondary witnesses, and also there was clear evidence that an unidentified physical craft had arrived in the forest clearing and later departed —by whatever means. If there are other classic cases with similar physical evidence, please let me know.

One case where a supposed alien alien artifact was said to have fallen off a flying saucer in 1985 is known to me but it turned out to be completely false. Let me contact you directly about this one, Gene, before we decide whether it’s worth putting out there on a Paracast forum.

GW mugshot A.jpgGeorge Wingfield was born in 1942 and is British. He lives near Glastonbury in Somerset in the UK, and also in Iowa, USA, where his American wife Jan is from. He has a BA Hons Degree in Natural Sciences from Trinity College Dublin and once worked as an astronomer at the Royal Greenwich Observatory in Herstmonceux, UK, and then for many years with IBM UK Ltd in a variety of different roles. He has written about and lectured on a number of subjects that include British history, prehistoric sites, astronomy, UFOs and crop circles. He has traveled extensively and spoken on radio and TV in Britain and the US.

His mainstream books include "Prehistoric Sacred Sites of Wessex" (Wessex Books, 2007), "Glastonbury" (Wooden Books, 2007), and "Belgium" in the Modern World Nations series (Chelsea House Publishers, 2008). He has also written about UFOs and is co-author with Paul Whitehead of "UFO — Strange Space on Earth" (Wooden Books, 2011). Wingfield has attended and sometimes lectured at various UFO conferences over the last 32 years in both the UK and the US.

His most recent book, the one we'll discuss on this episode of The Paracast, is entitled "The Rendlesham Forest UFO Mystery and Project Honey Badger" which was published by Squeeze Press (2022). The book examines the Rendlesham Forest Incident of Dec 1980 in considerable detail, and he reveals what appears to be extraordinary new evidence that proves exactly what this particular "UFO" really was. At last the book offers a rational explanation for the Rendlesham Forest Incident. Several previous claims by other authors that this UFO was a visiting alien spacecraft —or else one piloted by time-traveling humans from Earth’s future— can now be firmly dismissed.

Recording Date (including After The Paracast):
Thursday, February 23 at 2:00 PM Pacific (5:00 PM Eastern)
Post your questions or comments for discussion below:

To Download After The Paracast: Please Subscribe to The Paracast Plus
For Five-Year and Lifetime Subscriptions: Use Coupon Code ufo20 for a 20% Discount!

www.theparacast.plus

Choose Your Membership Upgrade

Broadcast and Streaming Date:
February 26, 2023
Sometimes you just enjoy what a guests ideas are,so this morning I went back to the show from 05/04/2015( you notice Gene I wrote the date the way people who speak English are supposed to write it) and listened to the show when George was talking about skinwalker ranch.

Fascination with the Rendlesham Forest UFO incident has always been due to the fact it involved a real physical unidentified craft which Jim Penniston, one of the primary witnesses, says he walked right up to in the forest and touched it. In my book ‘The Rendlesham Forest UFO Mystery and Project Honey Badger’ I present a wealth of evidence that this craft was in fact boilerplate Apollo Command Module BP-1206 from the nearby RAF Woodbridge airbase and that it was being used in the secret test of a non-lethal weapon on the unsuspecting USAF security guards who approached it.

Apart from the 1947 Roswell Incident in New Mexico, do we have any other cases of landed physical “UFOs” that were claimed to be extraterrestrial craft where all or part of the supposed craft was said to have been recovered? Certainly there have been various claims that some particular physical objects are “alien artifacts” or else “UFO artifacts”. Do any of these claimed UFO artifacts ever stand up to any close scrutiny?

Fascination with the Rendlesham Forest UFO incident has always been due to the fact it involved a real physical unidentified craft which Jim Penniston, one of the primary witnesses, says he walked right up to in the forest and touched it. In my book ‘The Rendlesham Forest UFO Mystery and Project Honey Badger’ I present a wealth of evidence that this craft was in fact boilerplate Apollo Command Module BP-1206 from the nearby RAF Woodbridge airbase and that it was being used in the secret test of a non-lethal weapon on the unsuspecting USAF security guards who approached it.

Apart from the 1947 Roswell Incident in New Mexico, do we have any other cases of landed physical “UFOs” that were claimed to be extraterrestrial craft where all or part of the supposed craft was said to have been recovered? Certainly there have been various claims that some particular physical objects are “alien artifacts” or else “UFO artifacts”. Do any of these claimed UFO artifacts ever stand up to any close scrutiny?
I don't think any of the so called artifacts have ever stood up George.

The death and online obituary a year ago of famed Nevada aviator John Lear reminded me of a visit I made to see him at his Las Vegas mansion about 30 years back. John was the son of Bill Lear (who developed the Lear Jet) and he was also a UFO activist and outspoken critic of the alleged US government cover-up of UFOs. He claimed there was a secret alliance between the government and the aliens allowing them to operate from underground bases in the US and carry out their clandestine agenda which included the alien abduction of many targeted humans.

In November 1989 John Lear’s friend Bob Lazar had been interviewed by George Knapp on KLAS-TV Channel 8 in Vegas and his claims about Area 51 and its UFO connection were sensational. Lazar said the US government kept recovered or captured extraterrestrial alien craft there and that a team of US scientists had achieved extraordinary new technological advances by examination of them. Lazar claimed he was one of these scientists.

When I visited John Lear in Las Vegas I was shown his gallery where multiple signed photo portraits of various friends and celebrities were displayed. These included several Vegas showgirls he knew and also one I remember which was of Col. Oliver North of Iran-Contra notoriety.

Lear told me that a few years earlier his buddy Bob Lazar had once arrived at a late hour straight from Area 51. He had brought with him a package which he said contained an alien artifact. Lazar was the scientist who said he had been recruited to work on a top secret program to reverse-engineer UFOs which had been captured by the US military. However apparently he and his fellow Area 51 scientists had had very limited success with this.

The two men opened Lazar’s package and gingerly extracted a triangular piece of metal measuring about five inches across. Lear said he very nearly dropped it finding it unexpectedly heavy for its size. He added that the metal was a dark yellow color and appeared distinctly luminous. Bob Lazar told him it was a block of pure Element 115. No element of that atomic number was known to occur naturally on Earth but apparently 115 did occur on the alien’s planet where it was extracted for its extraordinary properties. According to him, this Element 115 was mined on a planet that orbits around Zeta Reticuli 2, a star 39 light years distant from our solar system.

Lazar had told Lear that the Element 115 alien artifact had been removed from a nuclear reactor drive system of a captured UFO held at underground facility S-4 in Area 51. It formed the basic energy source for the UFOs and allowed them to traverse space at unimaginable speed. He said that he and his fellow scientists at S-4 had so far been quite unable to figure out how to use this method of propulsion in, say, current US-built aircraft.

I suggested to Lear that if Element 115 was anything like other transuranic elements that had been synthesized by nuclear scientists in cyclotrons and suchlike during the previous 30 years it would be highly unstable and most likely decay very quickly since these usually had a very short half-life.

[At a later date I was told that Lazar claimed Element 115 is in a small group of transuranic elements which fall, surprisingly, within an “island of stability” in the periodic table. He also suggested the aliens bombarded the block of Element 115 with protons to convert it into Element 116 which then decayed almost instantly. Unlike other transuranic elements which decay by emitting alpha particles and gamma rays, this particular process with elements 115/116 caused emission of subatomic particles of antimatter. The resulting gravitational wave ripples deformed the space-time continuum causing an alien UFO spaceship to instantly reappear at a distant location.]

Although I hesitated to suggest it at the time, I was thinking that Element 115 should probably be christened “Boblazarium”! Evidently few of Lazar’s claims ever reached IUPAC (the International Union for Pure and Applied Chemistry) which in recent years has named Element 115 “Muscovium”. They have certainly never confirmed any of its alleged extraordinary properties which I was being told about in Las Vegas some thirty years ago!

At that time John Lear had told me that the two of them had locked the piece of Element 115 in his very secure safe and then retired for the night. “So, are you going to let me see this amazing alien artifact?”, I asked him with little expectation I would be shown it.

Well, perhaps predictably, the answer was “No”. Apparently, when they went to open the safe the next day, it was empty. “Who possibly could have taken it?”, I asked. He thought it must have been federal agents, perhaps CIA, but alternatively the aliens themselves might have come to recover it.

Thirty years later and far more skeptical about UFO matters —in particular about claimed alien artifacts or UFO artifacts— we can simply laugh about this tall story and the widespread gullibility of many folk back then.

The death and online obituary a year ago of famed Nevada aviator John Lear reminded me of a visit I made to see him at his Las Vegas mansion about 30 years back. John was the son of Bill Lear (who developed the Lear Jet) and he was also a UFO activist and outspoken critic of the alleged US government cover-up of UFOs. He claimed there was a secret alliance between the government and the aliens allowing them to operate from underground bases in the US and carry out their clandestine agenda which included the alien abduction of many targeted humans.

In November 1989 John Lear’s friend Bob Lazar had been interviewed by George Knapp on KLAS-TV Channel 8 in Vegas and his claims about Area 51 and its UFO connection were sensational. Lazar said the US government kept recovered or captured extraterrestrial alien craft there and that a team of US scientists had achieved extraordinary new technological advances by examination of them. Lazar claimed he was one of these scientists.

When I visited John Lear in Las Vegas I was shown his gallery where multiple signed photo portraits of various friends and celebrities were displayed. These included several Vegas showgirls he knew and also one I remember which was of Col. Oliver North of Iran-Contra notoriety.

Lear told me that a few years earlier his buddy Bob Lazar had once arrived at a late hour straight from Area 51. He had brought with him a package which he said contained an alien artifact. Lazar was the scientist who said he had been recruited to work on a top secret program to reverse-engineer UFOs which had been captured by the US military. However apparently he and his fellow Area 51 scientists had had very limited success with this.

The two men opened Lazar’s package and gingerly extracted a triangular piece of metal measuring about five inches across. Lear said he very nearly dropped it finding it unexpectedly heavy for its size. He added that the metal was a dark yellow color and appeared distinctly luminous. Bob Lazar told him it was a block of pure Element 115. No element of that atomic number was known to occur naturally on Earth but apparently 115 did occur on the alien’s planet where it was extracted for its extraordinary properties. According to him, this Element 115 was mined on a planet that orbits around Zeta Reticuli 2, a star 39 light years distant from our solar system.

Lazar had told Lear that the Element 115 alien artifact had been removed from a nuclear reactor drive system of a captured UFO held at underground facility S-4 in Area 51. It formed the basic energy source for the UFOs and allowed them to traverse space at unimaginable speed. He said that he and his fellow scientists at S-4 had so far been quite unable to figure out how to use this method of propulsion in, say, current US-built aircraft.

I suggested to Lear that if Element 115 was anything like other transuranic elements that had been synthesized by nuclear scientists in cyclotrons and suchlike during the previous 30 years it would be highly unstable and most likely decay very quickly since these usually had a very short half-life.

[At a later date I was told that Lazar claimed Element 115 is in a small group of transuranic elements which fall, surprisingly, within an “island of stability” in the periodic table. He also suggested the aliens bombarded the block of Element 115 with protons to convert it into Element 116 which then decayed almost instantly. Unlike other transuranic elements which decay by emitting alpha particles and gamma rays, this particular process with elements 115/116 caused emission of subatomic particles of antimatter. The resulting gravitational wave ripples deformed the space-time continuum causing an alien UFO spaceship to instantly reappear at a distant location.]

Although I hesitated to suggest it at the time, I was thinking that Element 115 should probably be christened “Boblazarium”! Evidently few of Lazar’s claims ever reached IUPAC (the International Union for Pure and Applied Chemistry) which in recent years has named Element 115 “Muscovium”. They have certainly never confirmed any of its alleged extraordinary properties which I was being told about in Las Vegas some thirty years ago!

At that time John Lear had told me that the two of them had locked the piece of Element 115 in his very secure safe and then retired for the night. “So, are you going to let me see this amazing alien artifact?”, I asked him with little expectation I would be shown it.

Well, perhaps predictably, the answer was “No”. Apparently, when they went to open the safe the next day, it was empty. “Who possibly could have taken it?”, I asked. He thought it must have been federal agents, perhaps CIA, but alternatively the aliens themselves might have come to recover it.

Thirty years later and far more skeptical about UFO matters —in particular about claimed alien artifacts or UFO artifacts— we can simply laugh about this tall story and the widespread gullibility of many folk back then.
Yea. George it's like when I used to listen to all those Art Bell shows I was filled with belief but then the internet came along and it Turns out there was no wizard just people with stories.
Having said all that I still believe there is a phenomenon finding out what causes it is what drives my interest now.

Yea. George it's like when I used to listen to all those Art Bell shows I was filled with belief but then the internet came along and it Turns out there was no wizard just people with stories.
Having said all that I still believe there is a phenomenon finding out what causes it is what drives my interest now.
You are quite right, Richard. Things have changed a lot since those days of listening to Art Bell and just about all of us who did that are a whole lot more skeptical now. As you say, the Internet has changed everything and nothing could be easier now than checking out everything and everybody by using Google and Wikipedia. As regards real physical alien UFO spacecraft —if such things even exist— you might think there would be genuine photos on the net since just about everyone carries a smartphone/camera these days. Any claimed photo of an alien craft, and the like, posted on YouTube is almost always shown to be a fake!

So it looks as if no one today has got a single “Alien Artifact” or piece of UFO that they want to show us or present for examination by scientists? Is such an item visible anywhere on the internet? (I did write an article on the infamous “Bob White UFO Artifact” ten years ago but that turned out to be a complete scam so I doubt if anyone wants me to post that here.)

However there are still unexplained phenomena and unexplained UFOs/UAP but that doesn’t mean they are caused by aliens!

You are quite right, Richard. Things have changed a lot since those days of listening to Art Bell and just about all of us who did that are a whole lot more skeptical now. As you say, the Internet has changed everything and nothing could be easier now than checking out everything and everybody by using Google and Wikipedia. As regards real physical alien UFO spacecraft —if such things even exist— you might think there would be genuine photos on the net since just about everyone carries a smartphone/camera these days. Any claimed photo of an alien craft, and the like, posted on YouTube is almost always shown to be a fake!

So it looks as if no one today has got a single “Alien Artifact” or piece of UFO that they want to show us or present for examination by scientists? Is such an item visible anywhere on the internet? (I did write an article on the infamous “Bob White UFO Artifact” ten years ago but that turned out to be a complete scam so I doubt if anyone wants me to post that here.)

However there are still unexplained phenomena and unexplained UFOs/UAP but that doesn’t mean they are caused by aliens!
That's amazing George.
I didn't realise you had wrote an article about the Bob White UFO Artifact.
I genuinely believe that UFO's, ghosts,big foot etc have a lot to do with our consciousness and that we can only contemplate these things within our three dimensional understanding.
My other theory is that we are like twins and when twins are born they usually appear minutes behind each other and if you expand that out and replace minutes with milenia then perhaps we are all part of this phenomenon and just don't realise it.
That's what makes this whole thing so interesting so many theories which I doubt will be proven in my lifetime.

Well, Richard, I guess we don’t have any takers who are willing to step forward and present some “alien artifact” or a piece of metal which they say definitely came from a UFO which they once encountered. Surely there is someone out there who has the courage of their convictions to show me such an object??

Perhaps I’m asking this question on the wrong forum? Otherwise maybe it’s just you and me who are reading what I say? In any case I would like to point out to some of our less skeptical friends that many who claim to have had UFO encounters and tell amazing stories of alien contact are quite simply fraudsters, fantasists, confidence tricksters or those who present UFO fiction as fact. Beware!

As a warning I will attach ‘The Bob White UFO Artifact’ article that I’ve rediscovered on my computer.

Attachments

• The Bob White UFO Artifact Article 1 copy.pdf
    251.6 KB · Views: 2
Well, Richard, I guess we don’t have any takers who are willing to step forward and present some “alien artifact” or a piece of metal which they say definitely came from a UFO which they once encountered. Surely there is someone out there who has the courage of their convictions to show me such an object??

Perhaps I’m asking this question on the wrong forum? Otherwise maybe it’s just you and me who are reading what I say? In any case I would like to point out to some of our less skeptical friends that many who claim to have had UFO encounters and tell amazing stories of alien contact are quite simply fraudsters, fantasists, confidence tricksters or those who present UFO fiction as fact. Beware!

As a warning I will attach ‘The Bob White UFO Artifact’ article that I’ve rediscovered on my computer.
I think you may wait a while for that alien artifact George but I'm really pleased you uploaded the Bob White article which I have just downloaded.
You know George I think back to the mid nineties and Arts parts when the late Art Bell had parts sent to him from Linda Molten Howe.
They were tested and there were some anomalies but I think after a while even he felt they were earthly anomalies.

I think you may wait a while for that alien artifact George but I'm really pleased you uploaded the Bob White article which I have just downloaded.
You know George I think back to the mid nineties and Arts parts when the late Art Bell had parts sent to him from Linda Molten Howe.
They were tested and there were some anomalies but I think after a while even he felt they were earthly anomalies.
Richard —here’s part 2 of my article on the alleged Bob White UFO Artifact from when I updated the story later. I have booked to attend the Ozark Mountain UFO Conference in Eureka Springs, AR, in April and I fully expect to see Larry Cekander in the Vendor’s Room there, still promoting the “Bob White UFO Artifact”. If you are interested I think he’d sell you it for considerably less than the $10 million he was originally asking!!

Attachments

• The Bob White UFO Artifact Article 2 copy.pdf
    209.6 KB · Views: 2
Richard —here’s part 2 of my article on the alleged Bob White UFO Artifact from when I updated the story later. I have booked to attend the Ozark Mountain UFO Conference in Eureka Springs, AR, in April and I fully expect to see Larry Cekander in the Vendor’s Room there, still promoting the “Bob White UFO Artifact”. If you are interested I think he’d sell you it for considerably less than the $10 million he was originally asking!!
That's fantastic George thank you.
I may put in a bid to Mr Cekander,let me see if I can get a consortium together, perhaps the same consortium who were promoting the Roswell slides a few years back.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Back