• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

On the Show — Christopher O'Brien

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
COB-01a1.pngChristopher O’Brien From 1999-2002 Chris investigated hundreds of unexplained events in south-central CO/north-central NM. His investigations are chronicled in his “Mysterious Valley” book trilogy and his event log of UFOs, cattle mutilations, crypto-creatures, etc., is one of the largest databases of unusual occurrences from a single region of North America.

His recent book, Stalking the Herd, is the most comprehensive book ever written addressing the perplexing “cattle mutilation” mystery. He is currently marketing UFO surveillance gear and software monitoring equipment with UFODAP. Their gear and software is already located in 43 locations in nine countries.

O’Brien has appeared on in over 90 TV show segments and films that include: Ancient Aliens, Coast to Coast, UFO Hunters, Inside Edition, Extra, Tucker Carlson Originals and TC Today, and he co-produced and edited the film It Could Happen Tomorrow, winner of two 2012 EBE film festival awards—for Best Feature and Peoples Choice Award and the Award winning documentary Accidental Truth. His research was funded by Laurance Rockefeller from 1997-2000.

From 2010 until 2018, Chris was the cohost of The Paracast. His website is: Our Strange Planet.

Our cohost: Tim Swartz.

Recording Date (including After The Paracast):
Wednesday, June 7 at 2:00 PM Pacific (5:00 PM Eastern)
Post your questions or comments for discussion below:

To Download After The Paracast: Please Subscribe to The Paracast Plus

www.theparacast.plus

Choose Your Membership Upgrade

Broadcast and Streaming Date:
June 11, 2023

Great to have Chris back on the show. I've got two questions -

1. A couple of years before his death, Gabe Valdez started talking publicly about his cattle mutilation investigations but was always very tight lipped whenever he was asked who he thought was behind them? Did Valdez ever tell Chris who he thought were carrying out the mutilations?
  1. I may have completely misremembered this, but years ago when Chris was a co-host on the show, I seem to recall him talking about some kind of break-in he had at his house whilst he was home. Have I remembered this correctly? And if so, when did this happen and does Chris think this could've been connected to his cattle mutilation investigations?

His opinion :
- on the recent cattle mutilations in Texas ?
- the Trinity book/controversy
-did he ever used AI , ChatGPT to ask who he is ?I did , and got this :
Christopher2023-06-07 13_09_18-.png

Yes, he died in 1969.

I knew the late Forest J Ackerman, who wore Bela Lugosi's original Dracula ring. He had lunch in my apartment back in Brooklyn, NY with several others invited from a promotion in Famous Monsters of Filmland magazine.

Chris didn't get into as much detail on mutilations as I hoped, but we also ran into a health issue. Chris has a chronic lung problem, which was exacerbated by the polluted haze in New York State as of June 7. He was in a hospital emergency room when we recorded the episode, and did quite well. But there was a point where he had to finish because the doctors were ready for him.

Chris didn't get into as much detail on mutilations as I hoped, but we also ran into a health issue. Chris has a chronic lung problem, which was exacerbated by the polluted haze in New York State as of June 7. He was in a hospital emergency room when we recorded the episode, and did quite well. But there was a point where he had to finish because the doctors were ready for him.
As someone with COPD I can understand Chris distress but I thought a lot of those problems has been solved when he moved to the valley but unfortunately that isn't the case.

Back