• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Nick Pope on paracast

DFWMike

Skilled Investigator
Any likelihood of this happening anytime soon. Binnall got him, not a terribly insightful interview, would love to here you guys tackle him. Not one time did Binnall ask him what made him flip from a skeptic to someone open to the idea.

DFWMike said:
Any likelihood of this happening anytime soon. Binnall got him, not a terribly insightful interview, would love to here you guys tackle him. Not one time did Binnall ask him what made him flip from a skeptic to someone open to the idea.

My heart sank when I saw Nick Pope as a guest suggestion. I've never found him to be that terribly interesting, and I feel that he may be too close to the 'establishment' for comfort. Some really hard questioning would in my mind make the decision whether he is the real deal or some sort of operative easier for some of us open-minded sceptics (sounds paranoid, I know, but the way he unquestionably agrees with the 'establishment' view on 9/11 throws up enormously large red flags for me).

So ... yeah ... I would love to see him on the Paracast. I really think he needs to be thrown some tough questions (and some curly Biednies :D) ... Tim Binnall really doesn't go for the jugular too much for my taste which is where I think Messrs Steinberg and Biedny come in rather handy :p. In my mind, a great suggestion :)

I like Nick Pope, and I think he comes in for some unfair criticism. Just because he worked for the MOD, it doesn't mean he's hiding anything, or that he's some kind of disinformation agent. He was essentially a civil servant doing a desk job. Very unlikely he'd have access to any highly classified information. I had the opportunity to put a couple of questions to him recently, and found his responses to be direct and open - I sensed nothing evasive about his responses. Maybe he doesn't seem as entertaining as some people in the field, because he sticks to the facts, avoids wild speculation and doesn't seem to want to hog the limelight. To me, he comes across as a person who is genuinely interested in the UFO phenomenon, and tries to take as balanced and objective an approach as anyone can in this field. Surely, we need more Nick Popes in ufology, and less morons like he who shall not be named? :)

Siani said:
I like Nick Pope, and I think he comes in for some unfair criticism. Just because he worked for the MOD, it doesn't mean he's hiding anything, or that he's some kind of disinformation agent. He was essentially a civil servant doing a desk job ...

I don't know ... I've just never been that interested by what he's said ... or not said. Its mostly just a gut feeling and hearing some of his interviews ... mainly the last one he did with Tim Binnall (which he really did go with the government view of 9/11 ... which in my mind is just plain wrong wrong wrong). It just left me with this straaaange and uneasy feeling. And anyway ... who said these things should be rational??? :D

I don't mind him not being 'entertaining', though. I'd rather have someone 'normal' and who tells the truth as they see it, and is honest rather than someone like Greerdestephen or Horndemichael :)D) who just shout dishonesty in large unfriendly very very scary letters.

I've heard him speak many times over the years, at conferences, on TV/radio shows and now on podcasts. Seems like a nice guy - I don't get the feeling he's spreading disinformation (at least not knowingly) - but he just doesn't seem to have anything terribly new or interesting to say, at least not to those who've been following the UFO field for some time. I think coming out of his old job and moving into a media role worked out well for him, and I hope it continues to do so.

In addition he wears the same kind of glasses I did in the 90s and I respect him for sticking with it :)

If you want to know what the MoD wants you to know about UFOs, you can simply send them an e-mail. Nick Pope will tell you essentially the same, though.

Honestly, many people are so naive when dealing with the military. Little wonder ufology is where it is today.

Back