• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

New Sighting in Chicago

To me, everyone is taking the wrong approach. They are talking as if the photo should be analyzed. But why? There is no (as far as I'm aware) provenance for it, i.e. we have no idea who the source was. Before any analysis can be meaningfully undertaken, you have to know who took the photo, and who provided it.

Besides, for weeks all we heard was that someone had a photo / video, but was negotiating for money before it was released - a perfectly sensible position, in my opinion (if I had a bona fide UFO photo, especially of ET, you can be damn sure I'd negotiate a pretty hefty fee). Now some anonymous person releases it for free, out of the goodness of their heart? I don't think so.

That's the angle that should be pursued in "analyzing" the photo - anything else is putting the cart way before the horse.

Paul

Glad I'm no one and not part of this everyone Paul speaks of.

You raise questions about the photo, some of which may be explained by analyzing it.

Looking at hoaxed photos gives good practice in spotting future frauds.

I never delved into the photo much. I was never impressed with it. I'm ok with anyone that does though.

I assumed it would be understood that "everyone" referred to those people who have moved past the provenance issue and gone straight to "analyzing" the photo. My bad, I guess, but that is what I meant. Nor was I referring just to people here. Next time I'll spell it out more clearly.

paulkimball said:
Sigh... I assumed it would be understood that "everyone" referred to those people who have moved past the provenance issue and gone straight to "analyzing" the photo. My bad, I guess, but that is what I meant. Nor was I referring just to people here. Next time I'll spell it out more clearly.

I like splitting hairs:)

paulkimball said:
Besides, for weeks all we heard was that someone had a photo / video, but was negotiating for money before it was released - a perfectly sensible position, in my opinion (if I had a bona fide UFO photo, especially of ET, you can be damn sure I'd negotiate a pretty hefty fee). Now some anonymous person releases it for free, out of the goodness of their heart? I don't think so.

If that's supposed to be a "genuine UFO picture" then those would have to be some hardcore negotiations. I know I wouldn't give you 10 cents for it.

Many people throughout the years turn over ufo pics without asking for any money. However, since this has became a big story, people are more likely to see $$$ maybe.

If the Manitoba "Bigfoot" (blobsquatch) vid can rake in some dollars, the alledged Ohare ufo water droplet pic might too.

I just started listening to a interview with Stanton Friedman, and at the beginning he speaks about the Ohare airport sighting.

http://www.xzone-radio.com/january2007.htm

Scroll down to the Jan 12th show.

The X-zone website seems to have changed quite a bit since last time I was there. I don't like the new lay out. I thought the old one was bad.... Anyway, there seems to be less shows listed and I noticed you have to pay now for older shows. Am I understanding that correctly? Or is there another menu page I missed?

Also, what is up with the host not sounding ANYTHING like he did before? He sounds like he's half a century younger!

Jerry Pippic, Rob ZonedBoy and Kevvy Smithereens are all pretty much the same pap. We're talking mindless chicken fat. All three of them think that the O'Hare incident was actually a case of mistaken pizza delivery. Pippic went on the record and said he liked his pizza with pineapple and stale cigarette butts.

I gotta have my tea before I type stuff in this here computer thang in da morning.

:)

dB

Back