• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

New Listener/Forum Member

herigonz

Paranormal Novice
Hey guys,

I was going to post on the "You guys have at least 5 listeners!" post but figured I wouldn't hijack the guy's thread. I'm also from the DFW area (Fort Worth in particular). Came across the Paracast through a convoluted method that actually started with Coast to Coast AM! :eek:

I actually wrote to one of your recent guests (The Clueless One) and he encouraged me to ask my questions here and to join the forums.

I originally wrote to Jeremy in hopes of getting pointed in the right direction with respect to UFOlogy. All my life I had been a believer in UFO's and us having been visited by intelligent life, but have never had an experience to back my beliefs up. Recently I decided to try and seek out answers and see whether I could verify anything...in doing so I've come to realize that the more skeptical of believers (the non-crazies) have the best arguments in favor (normally having data to back up their claims).

While I guess I do know more than I realize, I'm still relatively new to the field and am looking for direction on what way to go about acquainting myself with the Stanton Friedmans and the Nick Popes of the world (not personally, but at least through their work and such).

Jeremy suggested some good books and authors to consider and made good suggestions of how I could become more involved in the field.

I don't pretend that this will be my every day job...it is still a hobby or rather, a passion I can do outside of work. I consider myself fairly educated and not fanatical. Anyway, looking forward to posting and finding out more in the months to come.

Welcome herigonz!
Without knowing what Jeremy suggested, I hope I'm not repeting.
I'm consistanly drawn to the work of Jacques Vallee. He's not of the same vein as Stanton, in that his ideas of UFOs and related subjects are more theory based, but those ideas are informed by hard data.
In addition, while not explicity UFO based, I just reread The Holographic Universe. It really opens doors (no pun intended) as to the possible nature of this phenomena.
One of the great things about an interest in UFOs, at least in my opinion, is the evolution of one's thinking about the subject and it's very nature. You're thoughts on it will no doubt change over time.
Good luck and keep posting

Noanswers said:
Without knowing what Jeremy suggested, I hope I'm not repeting.
I'm consistanly drawn to the work of Jacques Vallee. He's not of the same vein as Stanton, in that his ideas of UFOs and related subjects are more theory based, but those ideas are informed by hard data.

hehe, interestingly enough he was one of the authors suggested. I looked through the list and admit that Jacques Vallee caught my eye as well. I've been looking to get one of his books at a local book store (well multiple book stores), but have yet to luck out. Might just have to pony up and buy a book of his that is out of print online. :frown:

I try to check the forums often...just saw there is a response to one of my posts on another forum. Looking forward to learning a great deal here!

I don't know what the used book store scene is like there, but can attest to Vallee's books showing up quite a bit in the used stores here in AZ.
After I posted a response earlier, I thought of another title that I recently reread.
The Flying Saucers Are Real
by Donald Keyhoe
You can actually read the book online here:
http://www.sacred-texts.com/ufo/fsar/index.htm

It's fascinating in that Keyhoe documents so many high value witnesses and as this was shortly after Arnold made his sighting that the military hadn't really clamped down entirely. Although, it may in fact be a study in how that clampdown came into play.

Welcome. It is great to have you here. Please search all of our archived shows. There are some tremendous shows that won't bring you up to speed in the UFO field. You will have to sort through them to get the gist that even the best UFO researchers are still out there searching for the truth. The UFO field is a very complex field. And we do try to make sense of it. But for every answer we think we get there are 10 more questions that arise. So join in and join the fun. The most important attributes that you need when examining this field is an open mind and a great sense of humor. If you don't have those then this will drive you crazy.

But welcome. And enjoy the ride.

Back