• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

My niece & her sleepover.

trilithium

"I Wish I Knew"
Hello all! Let me start by saying that my father passed away in 2000. He had cancer earlier in his life and subsequently lost an eye as a result, this was not the cause of his death. Several years later my niece went to a sleepover and the girls mother had hired a "Psychic" to entertain the girls during their sleepover. The psychic finished and was preparing to leave when my niece walked past her and the psychic stopped, looked at her and told her that she had a guardian angel looking after her. When my niece asked more questions the psychic said that was all she knew but that her guardian angel only had one eye. It kind of freaked the whole family out a little bit when we all heard this story. I don't know what to make of this story as I was not directly involved in any of it. What are your opinions?

well....if the "psychic" was really intuitive or "psychic", then she may have very well picked up on the presence of your father. Was the family more freaked out by his possible presence, or just by the fact that a stranger knew a very personal detail about him?

I can understand that. I think it's kind-of cool that she did, tho!Is anyone still upset by this, or is it comforting?

No one really speaks of it anymore, even my niece. We have a wide range of ages in my family to say the least. Personally, I do find it somewhat comforting to think my dad is watching over my niece but at the same time it makes me wonder if he's looking out for anyone else in the family.

I would think so. I come from a huge family, and many people are connected to our spirit family at different times. I don't think a spirit is always with you, or hangs around all the time...I also don't think that they're "earth-bound" b/c they check in, either. I think that often they learn to come and go as they please. Thanks for sharing your story, and welcome!

What is the most amazing part of the story to me is that the "psychic for hire" actually had some abilities!

funny-pictures-cat-prays-the-lock-on-the-door-works.jpg

Perhaps the psychic heard talk among the little girls about the eyeless grandfather? If so, she could have picked up on this and applied it to your niece. I warn you to be extremely skeptical about psychics. I think that there may be some kind of intuitive sense that varies in strength from person to person, but I don't think that it works in the way that most psychics portray. It could have just been a trick.

Lucky guess. Cold readers usually pop several guesses by until they get lucky with one of the people in the crowd. She could have done it on the way out without anybody really noticing--

Chances are, somebody there would have had a one-eye connection.
And, of course, kids are more suggestible and naive than adults.

Back