• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Mount Kailash, Western Tibet

Atrayo

Skilled Investigator
Hello All,

Nearly a month ago on the "Paracast" the guest speaker Klaus Dona spoke briefly of an ancient statues on a mountain face at a high altitude in Tibet.

A couple days later on the Travel Channel i saw a program on Tibet regarding a brief look at the religious practices of Tibetan Buddhists and Hindus. Where they showcased an impressive mountain peak that has 4 Sides and of which is the mouth to the 4 Great Rivers in the Asian world.

This mountain is called Mount Kailash, which i found this link doing a cursory search online for a brief overview on the mountain.

How long have people been coming to this sacred mountain? The answers are lost in antiquity, before the dawn of Hinduism, Jainism or Buddhism. The cosmologies and origin myths of each of these religions speak of Kailash as the mythical Mt. Meru, the Axis Mundi, the center and birth place of the entire world. The mountain was already legendary before the great Hindu epics, the Ramayana and the Mahabharata, were written. Indeed, Kailash is so deeply embedded in the myths of ancient Asia that it was perhaps a sacred place of another era, another civilization, now long gone and forgotten.

Taking a look at the pic in the link provided above this mount i'm speculating is hiding something. Noting this Mount is Holy Ground for 4 religions, which are: Hindus, Buddhism, Jains, and Bon ( a pre-Buddhist shamanic faith).

Since this mount is in a rugged and dangerous remote region of the world at 22,000 feet. Besides being a sacred mount that is forbidden to all from even scaling it.

I wonder if the mount peak isn't covering a carved pyramid under thousands of years of sediment?

Also those who are into numerology that there is the associated trinity of 4's with this Mount Kailash. Birthplace to 4 religions, mount has 4 faces, and 4 of Asia's great rivers start here at the base of the mount.

Interesting site nonetheless.

I wonder if the mount peak isn't covering a carved pyramid under thousands of years of sediment?

...Birthplace to 4 religions,

It's not the birthplace to anything. Hinduism, Buddhism and the Jain religion all formed further south in present day India. Bon formed in Tibet. And the fact that they all might revere Mt Kalash isn't any more meaningful than Christians, Jews and Muslims revering Jerusalem. Sometimes myths simply spread, especially in areas where beliefs are borrowed and shared.

And as far as the carved pyramid goes, that sort of theory hasn't panned out for that "Bosnian Pyramid" guy and I don't think it will here either.

But I can see how it's beauty would make those people consider it holy.

Brain Now said:
It's not the birthplace to anything. Hinduism, Buddhism and the Jain religion all formed further south in present day India. Bon formed in Tibet.

My bad, than I misread the info at the link I furnished. Getting one out of four ain't bad. (IE Bon being formed in Tibet where the Mount Kailash is situated) ;):p

Brian Now said:
And the fact that they all might revere Mt Kalash isn't any more meaningful than Christians, Jews and Muslims revering Jerusalem.

Exactly. The problem with that is that There is something to Jerusalem that, just like Mt. Kailash, goes back to before the religions that are currently fighting over it formed.

The two places are both sites that were used in the even more ancient past, for whatever purpose.

Hi, I'm new here. I know a little bit about Mt. Kailash, so I thought I'll pass on the info I have to Atrayo and others.
Mt. Kailash is supposed to be the abode of the Hindu god Shiva. Hindus make regular pilgrimages to this mount. It is said that this mount was worshiped as far back as human memory goes, and then some. The pilgrimage is an extremely difficult one do to the harsh conditions prevailing there. One has to be super fit in order to make this trip. Many foolish devotees, who were far from fit but who thought that their will power alone would enable them to complete the pilgrimage, lost their lives there.
An interesting fact about Mt. Kailash is the lake that is in the vicinity of the mount. This is the famous lake Manasarovara. It is said in Hinduism that the celestials come to have their bath in this lake at around 3 or 4 am everyday. They make their presence known as lights descending from the sky into the lake. My take on this is that it is ufos that are descending into the lake. Ufo activity along the India China border is pretty heavy, and the natives of both countries who live in this location see them everyday. This lake therefore must have served as a ufo base for some time now, as the legends about the celestials bathing here goes back about 5,000 years.
The reason why ufos are common in the border region is probably because the earth's crust is very thick here - as a tectonic plate has slid under another. The aliens have therefore probably made bases deep in the crust.
It has been reported that strange things like lakes being drained overnight or valleys being flooded overnight are common occurances here. The aliens are probably responsible for all this.

Back