• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

More info for the novice Paracast member

Free episodes:

schoolgirl

Paranormal Novice
If this has been suggested before, please ignore it. I would like to see a forum or maybe some kind of tutorial to help a newbie learn more about the field. Maybe a Paracast encyclopedia. I enjoy this site but I find it difficult to follow much of what is being discussed.

schoolgirl said:
If this has been suggested before, please ignore it. I would like to see a forum or maybe some kind of tutorial to help a newbie learn more about the field. Maybe a Paracast encyclopedia. I enjoy this site but I find it difficult to follow much of what is being discussed.

Or, perhaps, a Paracast Wiki?

That would be nice, but I don't think that me or David would have the time to work on such a thing. This would require a volunteer effort on the part of all you loyal listeners to fill in the details, and provide liberal links here to integrate the project.

And make no mistake about it: This would be a huge undertaking.

But the idea has a nice ring to it, and we have smart Web programmers, such as our own Rich Gunn, who know how these things are to be set up. No, Rich, I didn't "volunteer" you for another task :)

Well, the dilemma is do you start your own wiki or just go and edit wikipedia? I haven't looked, but I bet there's already a fair amount of UFO related info on there...

Gene Steinberg said:
schoolgirl said:

Or, perhaps, a Paracast Wiki?

That would be nice, but I don't think that me or David would have the time to work on such a thing. This would require a volunteer effort on the part of all you loyal listeners to fill in the details, and provide liberal links here to integrate the project.

And make no mistake about it: This would be a huge undertaking.

But the idea has a nice ring to it, and we have smart Web programmers, such as our own Rich Gunn, who know how these things are to be set up. No, Rich, I didn't "volunteer" you for another task :)

Actually, this might help if you want to do a quick look-up of a certain person or case: UFOcrawler -- a search engine designed specifically for paranormal subjects!

BrandonD said:
Actually, this might help if you want to do a quick look-up of a certain person or case: <a href="http://www.ufocrawler.com/search/">UFOcrawler</a> - a search engine designed specifically for paranormal subjects!

By the way, as a side note... those "animated cursor" banners on the forum... those are mine! That's actually one of my contract jobs - designing animated cursors for those guys. You guys should check them out (if you have a PC, which I don't), I've made lots of ufo cursors and they're all free. After 3 years I'm still a little bewildered as to how they're able to pay me when they aren't selling the cursors.

Hehe I'm happy to see them showing up on the paracast forum.

I'd suggest consulting Wiki. The UFO Evidence site has some good information. Also browse the links to different guests provided by the episode listings.

I'd think I'd have to vote against a unique Paracast Wiki. Plenty of information is already out there. Besides, how many times would the ETH and EDH entries be edited and re-edited? :D

Just my 2¢.

-todd.

Back