• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Mile End Ghost, perhaps?

dusty

Skilled Investigator
Hi folks,

Got a couple of pictures for you sent to me from a friend at work, (Steve).
I dont know this chap very well but I do believe what he told me about how he got the pic's.

Last weekend he and some friends went on a ghost hunt in an old warehouse in Mile End, which is in the east end of London. They were with a group of ghost hunters and judging by his description they were equipped with EM meters and digital recorders. Cant say I know how professional these guys were but they didn't pick up on anything strange nor did any of the group see anything. They were there for several hours and all the while Steve was taking pictures with his phone, he saw nothing and even told me he was pretty bored by the end of the evening.

When he got home and put them on his computer he decided to brighten the picture of the doorway. It's important to point out here that though it isn't visible in the original picture, he could in fact see the far wall in the room and yet he saw nothing at all.

Here's the original picture,

picture.php

And here's what showed up when when he brightened it up.

What can I say?

When he first called me over to show me these pic's I was expecting for him to start going on about orbs. So I was quite surprised to see this. I must stress that I have no doubt he is telling the truth and that from what he told me of the group he was with I think it unlikely that they set this up, but in all honesty I dont know I wasn't there.

I know this part of London well as I used to go to college there and can say that it certainly is rich in history Peasants Revolt, Plague, etc.
So I just had to post.

What do you folks think?

Mark

I know Steve and i'm sure he isnt lying but becuse i wasnt there i just cant belive that there isnt a logical explanation to it.

If it is real, its something that would freak me out big time so i almost dont want to find out.

Still, its a great pic.

Hi folks,

Got a couple of pictures for you sent to me from a friend at work, (Steve).
I dont know this chap very well but I do believe what he told me about how he got the pic's.

Last weekend he and some friends went on a ghost hunt in an old warehouse in Mile End, which is in the east end of London. They were with a group of ghost hunters and judging by his description they were equipped with EM meters and digital recorders. Cant say I know how professional these guys were but they didn't pick up on anything strange nor did any of the group see anything. They were there for several hours and all the while Steve was taking pictures with his phone, he saw nothing and even told me he was pretty bored by the end of the evening.

When he got home and put them on his computer he decided to brighten the picture of the doorway. It's important to point out here that though it isn't visible in the original picture, he could in fact see the far wall in the room and yet he saw nothing at all.

Here's the original picture,

picture.php

And here's what showed up when when he brightened it up.

What can I say?

When he first called me over to show me these pic's I was expecting for him to start going on about orbs. So I was quite surprised to see this. I must stress that I have no doubt he is telling the truth and that from what he told me of the group he was with I think it unlikely that they set this up, but in all honesty I dont know I wasn't there.

I know this part of London well as I used to go to college there and can say that it certainly is rich in history Peasants Revolt, Plague, etc.
So I just had to post.

What do you folks think?

Mark

Fantastic photo!-what prompted him to take that?!, was it beacuse he felt compelled to?, or was he just happy snapping?-this is so clear too, the figure is tiny-child height.

It's not often you see such a clear image after these ghosty hunts, and also if you do, then often it doesn't seem as 'real' as this one does. Great!:)

Why did he choose to lighten that particular image? I'm always suss of these kinds of images. The composition is right smack in the centre and almost always in doorways. They hardly seem accidental.

Also, whenever I've been out and about I've noticed people taking several shots and they almost always claim they never saw anything when they took the shot. This is probably because they're not paying attention and I find it hard to believe someone can remember what was in frame when they have taken a multitude of shots throughout the night.

Any chance of getting a link to the original file?

Hi Jose,

To be honest I dont know that this was the only image he brightened up and I agree
it is well composed. All I can say is that I believe Steves account, without being there I cant really say much more.

I will gladly send you a copy of the email he sent me with the attached pic's,
so if you PM me your email address I'll send them on.

Believe me Jose I too am very sceptical, just thought it was interesting, and Sher from what Steve described he was just "happy snapping".

Mark

Back