• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Looking for the Quantum State of the Universe

JD Lovil

Paranormal Novice
I am a writer of several fiction and nonfiction books, and I have an abiding interest in the Many Worlds Interpretation of Quantum Theory. I think I have a good handle on how it all works, and it explains a majority of the experiences that people have reported, such as Mandela Effect and other changes in world lines. It also goes a long ways toward defining the significance or meaning of existence and reality.
I am looking for like minded people to discuss these viewpoints with. Anyone out there able to back up their beliefs in the paranormal with a logical argument?

I am a writer of several fiction and nonfiction books, and I have an abiding interest in the Many Worlds Interpretation of Quantum Theory. I think I have a good handle on how it all works, and it explains a majority of the experiences that people have reported, such as Mandela Effect and other changes in world lines. It also goes a long ways toward defining the significance or meaning of existence and reality.
I am looking for like minded people to discuss these viewpoints with. Anyone out there able to back up their beliefs in the paranormal with a logical argument?
Sure. I'd say that strictly speaking the many worlds interpretation is based on a mathematical model that doesn't require actual materials to remain internally coherent. The actual universe may be much more finite in terms of resources, even if things that don't require material resources like distance or volume are hypothetically infinite. Infinite space ≠ infinite matter.

It sounds like you are assuming that conservation of energy/mass and its analog laws extend to a multiverse structure. I also suspect that the timeline of any one worldline is actually on the order of a Plank duration. The temporal progression would then be over a series of worldline generations that we perceive as normal time flow. Picture the figure on successive pages of a sketchbook, so that it seems to move as you quickly fan through the pages.
Each universe worldline would inherit shadow versions of the parent worldline's mass, energy and all other qualities except for the choice of a single event outcome. In any one universe, you would not find infinite space or infinite matter, although either could be unbounded. The number of events, therefor the number of worldlines, that have taken place since the big bang are huge, but not quite infinite.

You might enjoy the time-liner trilogy as it explores these ideas.

Timeliner Trilogy by Richard C. Meredith

A feature of the story is that periodically the universe collapses those universes with low probability potential.

As an example. Todays lottery draw. The universe branches so that each possible combination of lotto numbers exists in its own seperate parallel universe. But the one on the left where the 6 numbers drawn are 1,2,3,4,5,6 is statistically a low probability universe and at some stage will collapse to conserve energy across the timelines. In the story winning the lotto is simply a matter of making an entry with the numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6 and then "skudding" across the time lines to the universe where those are the numbers drawn.

And that entitys from one of these low probability timelines were interfering with other timelines to change them, so they could survive.

If you like Sci Fi and this subject these three are a must read.

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds like you are assuming that conservation of energy/mass and its analog laws extend to a multiverse structure. I also suspect that the timeline of any one worldline is actually on the order of a Plank duration. The temporal progression would then be over a series of worldline generations that we perceive as normal time flow. Picture the figure on successive pages of a sketchbook, so that it seems to move as you quickly fan through the pages.
Each universe worldline would inherit shadow versions of the parent worldline's mass, energy and all other qualities except for the choice of a single event outcome. In any one universe, you would not find infinite space or infinite matter, although either could be unbounded. The number of events, therefor the number of worldlines, that have taken place since the big bang are huge, but not quite infinite.

Yup. I was trying to get something like that across over on the consciousness thread but they don't seem to have a clue what it was I was getting at.

I would like to note how the Timeliner Trilogy is tragically on Amazon only in print format. Why is there no digital versions of the books?

I would like to note how the Timeliner Trilogy is tragically on Amazon only in print format. Why is there no digital versions of the books?
No idea tbh. The author died in 1979 so perhaps its a rights related issue. You can get it as a single volume (all 3 books in one). I have the 3 individual titles and the combined one, but i collect books and cover art, so i often have different copies of the same book because the cover art itself is something i collect.

Thank you. You have been a good and interesting source of info. I will get around to ordering the books after I finish writing the next chapter. Til then, I will save it as the reward.

Back