• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Lighthearted Aside

Loose Leaf Tea

Skilled Investigator
After commenting on another thread (and promptly derailing it when I mentioned the British comedian Peter Serafinowicz - sorry Skunkape!) I was reminded of Mr Serafinowicz's latest project, Radio Spiritworld. It's basically a radio show as if made by the dead. The jokes are a bit hit and miss but I love the idea of a ghostly radio station broadcasting inanities from beyond the veil. It also brilliantly sends up all those weird, middle-european, early Constantine Raudive recordings of EVPs and their explanations, and the show delights in its amateurish audio quality. See what you think...

http://rsw.cc/

Thanks for the link Loose Leaf Tea!

Will check out the show and even though it gives a humorous view of the EVP phenomenon, I'm sure I will find it interesting. Thanks for sharing!

PS -- just listened to part of it.... it's creepy/weird but funny too!

Thanks for your insights regarding Spiritualist Churches, Annie.

I've attended several of them in England in my time and have been left feeling completely underwhelmed by them all. The average age of the congregation seemed to be nudging 70 and there seemed to be a lot of self-delusion going on. Also, and to my surprise, there was a rigid hierarchical power structure similar to mainstream churches.
I remember during one session, (I was a young lad of 19), the "spiritualist" walked around the circle of people and stopped in front of me.
"Do you know someone called Mike?" he asked. (A common enough name)
"Yes," I said.
"Does Mike have a motorbike?"
"No," I answered. The "spiritualist" looked flustered.
"Well, er, tell Mike to be careful around motorbikes!" was how he ended his "important message" before drifting off to deliver more tedious banalities to an undemanding audience. I said nothing to Mike, who was at college with me, and I'm pleased to report that he survived the entire three years unscathed and made it to graduation day!

I am especially interested in interactive EVPs that seemingly answer questions, etc. Have you heard of Barbara Mc Beath and the (almost too) incredible EVPs captured by her and her group here...?
http://www.ghostpix.com/index-5EVP.htm
(Click the orange/green buttons to activate EVPs)

Finally, after reading John G Fuller's book, "The Ghost of 29 Megacycles" I was impressed by George Meek and the Spiricom story. Recently, however, Stephen Roarke has, I think, successfully proven that Bill O'Neil (the medium go-between) was scamming Mr Meek (the investor). Have you heard Stephen Roarke speak on the subject?

(BTW, don't take the show I linked to too seriously! It really is just a bit of fun. Actually, I was in two minds whether to post it at all because I do think this is an important subject that should be taken seriously.)

Hello Loose Leaf Tea!

I stumbled on a post written by Schuyler here in this forum and he mentioned that he actually met Mr. Meeks in person -- just saying that I'm sure he knows a lot more about Meeks, O'Neil and Spiricom than I do but check out Dr. Rorkes' website! Here's the link: mainmenu

I do know though that no one has been able to really duplicate the success that O'Neil had with Spiricom but not through lack of trying. Many in the ITC/EVP field think that O'Neil's success with Spiricom was more based on his own natural spirit mediumship abilities than anything else.

But most ITC/EVP researchers feel that someday someone or a group will invent a machine that bears some kind of resemblance to Spiricom where anyone who wants to communicate interactively with those intelligences in the unseen realms will be able to do so through that new apparatus. This is their main goal and there are many ITC scientists, physicists, engineers and inventors all over the world who are actively involved in this kind of research.

Also, will check out Barbara McBeath. If she's been successful with interactive evp then perhaps she and I can compare notes! Thanks for telling me about her!

Back