• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

lemuria mu

Wow ... do you want cheese with that?? :D

I particularly liked the stock footage of iguanas (??) ... very ... Ed Wood in a way (buffalo would have been a bit too outre don't you think? :p).

Sorry ... but this cracked me up big time. Terrible terrible stuff from what looks like a decade that time forgot.

Still want cheese with that?? No thanks, I've had a gutsfull thank you very much :eek:

Well I enjoyed it when I was a kid, they would show these mini docs after a cartoon show called the mysterious cities of gold.

freemars2259 said:
Well I enjoyed it when I was a kid, they would show these mini docs after a cartoon show called the mysterious cities of gold.

Ahh ... "Mysterious Cities of Gold". I think that must have been around the time when I started giving up on kids tv (I was probably in my late teens early 20s by then :D) ... that and when "He-man Masters of the Universe" came out ... yeah gods give me "Round the Bend" any day of the week :D (at least they had "False Teeth from Beyond the Stars" or whatever it was called :p).

That was on Nickelodeon in the States, right? I think my younger cousins would watch that and like Tintin or something... I gave up on Nick after they dropped the Tomorrow People (except for the odd Dangermouse) until the introduction of The Fairly Oddparents, which is so much better than SpongeBob....

Anyway, is that a real legend or just a bit of nonsense? I have found very little reference to Mu over the years (historically; plenty of channeled souls claim to be from there...) and anything with Lemuria talked about as a civilization always sends up alarms!

Michael L. said:
That was on Nickelodeon in the States, right? I think my younger cousins would watch that and like Tintin or something... I gave up on Nick after they dropped the Tomorrow People (except for the odd Dangermouse) until the introduction of The Fairly Oddparents, which is so much better than SpongeBob....

Anyway, is that a real legend or just a bit of nonsense? I have found very little reference to Mu over the years (historically; plenty of channeled souls claim to be from there...) and anything with Lemuria talked about as a civilization always sends up alarms!

The Tomorrow People ... now which version are we talking about? The first strangely disturbing version (had the creepiest titles of any tv series ... ever) ... or the strangely uninteresting 2nd version (with a bloody Australian as the main character??? :eek:) :p

Anyway, I digress (but I'll mop it up later :D) ... Mu, Lemuria or whatever you want to call it I think is a an old fashioned legend, and to be honest a rather quaint legend now. I think it may have been born from that time in the early part of the 20th Century when people were writing of mysterious islands like Conan Doyle's Lost World, or making films like King Kong (which featured another mysterious island, Skull Island).

I don't think it ever had the provenance that Atlantis has i.e. originally written about in Ancient Greek ... so it has never quite caught the imagination of the public that Atlantis has done over the years.

And I think that as geologists have discovered more about the geology of the Pacific (isn't Mu/Lemuria supposed to be in the Pacific?? god knows ... I've seen and read so many contradictory things about it, I can't quite remember any more :redface:), the more the legend has been seen to be nothing more than a fanciful story.

But ... as always ... I could be wrong :D

schticknz,

The original. They played the revival later and I couldn't stomach it!

As far as I remember, Lemuria was a term coined in the 1860's by a biologist in a theory to explain why the same species of lemur were found on different continents. Lemuria was basically a kind of hypothetical land bridge that had once existed that had let the animals spread to both lands and then sank, leave identical species in independent communities. This was, of course, before plate tectonic theory. It was glommed onto by occultists and fraudulent spiritualists as a convenient origin for their spiritual masters at the turn of the century. Since there is no legend attached, no history other than this study of lemurs, the use of the term always raises a red flag with me!

Mu, I think, is connected to the whole Egyptian/South America connection theory and I am not sure where the term comes from since this is not something I have paid much attention to in the grand scheme of things. It is, I believe, thought by some to be the origin of the early advanced peoples of South America.

Michael L. said:
schticknz,

The original. They played the revival later and I couldn't stomach it!

Ahhh thats ok then. I can sleep better at nights now. :D

Oh and thanks for the insight into Lemuria. Maybe this is why I've always had a unnecessary hatred of Lemurs ... and the "Justified Ancients of Mu Mu" to boot :D: Spiritualism ... it always makes me want to scream :eek: :D [No that tea towel floating about in front of you really is the ghost of your recently deceased Aunty Nelly ... warrgghhhhhh]

Back