• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Last Word On JFK?

MEH

Paranormal Novice
This was published in my area. Thought you might enjoy it.

Is this the final word on John Kennedy's assassination?

Greg O'Brien BREWSTER, Mass.

IN A MODEST HOME on a Cape Cod country lane, with a front window insulated with weather stripping to conserve heat and a frayed American flag out front waving in the stiff March breeze, sits a man who lives with a history that haunts the world. Francis Xavier O'Neill Jr., a retired FBI agent, one of two agents who oversaw the grisly autopsy of John F. Kennedy 44 years ago, is surrounded by a lifetime of memorabilia, including photographs, medals and official reports, worthy of a museum. He is one of the last surviving members of the preliminary criminal investigation-team that probed the Kennedy assassination.

Recently released 8-millimeter film footage, previously unseen in public, of Kennedy's fateful motorcade in Dallas, taken less than 90 seconds before the deadly shots were fired, has further agitated conspiracy theorists and has jolted our collective memories. "The footage is sure to be new fodder for conspiracy buffs who have long maintained Kennedy was the victim of a sinister plot orchestrated by shadowy elements in either the government, the 'military-industrial complex,' the Mafia, or communist Cuba," Reuters reported.

More than four decades after this national trauma, eyewitnesses to the Nov. 22, 1963, assassination and its aftermath are disappearing like dew under the Texas sun. At 83, Frank O'Neill is still a beacon of enlightenment. While he maintains that Lee Harvey Oswald was the lone gunman, O'Neill is critical of some of the initial investigation and autopsy assumptions.

As a 39-year-old agent then assigned to Andrews Air Force Base, in Maryland, O'Neill was directed by FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover to meet Air Force One carrying Kennedy's body back from Dallas, and "to stay with the body of the president, no matter where it was taken, not to let it out of my sight, and to obtain any evidence of the murder that might be in the body . . . I was to take whatever action that was necessary and deemed appropriate under the circumstances," O'Neill writes in a manuscript to be published later this year, an autobiography tentatively entitled A Fox Among Wolves. The Providence Journal has obtained a copy of the manuscript.

FBI Agent James W. Sibert, now retired, was assigned to assist O'Neill, who had spoken with Kennedy on several occasions. After Air Force One landed at Andrews and slowly taxied up the tarmac, O'Neill, Sibert and others with high-security clearance greeted the plane, and watched solemnly as Kennedy's casket was carried to a waiting gray Navy ambulance for the trip to Bethesda Naval Hospital, in Maryland, where the autopsy was performed.

Inside the autopsy room, O'Neill and Sibert assisted Secret Service Agents Roy Kellerman and Bill Greer in lifting Kennedy's naked body from the bronze casket to the autopsy table. Greer had chauffeured the president's limousine through Dealey Plaza; Kellerman had been in the front seat next to him. Kennedy's body, O'Neill writes in a chilling, matter-of-fact tone "was wrapped in a sheet, with another bloody sheet wrapped around his head. The body was lying on a plastic-type covering to prevent, one would assume, the inside of the casket from being irrevocably soiled from blood dripping from the body. Kennedy's hands were clenched, his eyes opened and his mouth in a grimace."

O'Neill and others in the autopsy room were stunned when they saw Kennedy's deep head wound above his right ear "almost the circumference of a grapefruit." Chief pathologist Dr. James J. Humes, a central figure in the Warren Commission investigation of the assassination, supervised the autopsy; also in the room were attending surgeons and government officials. O'Neill and Sibert stood next to the autopsy table and "were the only two people representing any agency that could be considered a disinterested (neutral) party," writes O'Neill, a World War II paratrooper, recipient of the Bronze Star, former New York City police officer, retired lawyer, former Connecticut state legislator and former justice of the peace. "The Navy doctors were concerned with the immediate event at hand. The Secret Service was most concerned since their most important assignment lay dead on the table."

X-rays, viewed by Humes, O'Neill, Sibert and others, revealed dozens of bone splinters and several bullet fragments. Two of the fragments were retrieved, and later matched to an M-1 rifle linked to Lee Harvey Oswald. "Parts of the brain were still there, but not much," writes O'Neill. "It would seem that no one could survive such an injury." Three shots were fired, investigators say - the first sounding like a firecracker that entered the upper right rear of Kennedy's back.

O'Neill in his official report said agent Kellerman, now deceased, told him that Kennedy cried out, "My God, I've been hit, get me to a hospital!" The second bullet hit Texas Gov. John Connally, sitting in a jump seat behind Kellerman. The third was the fatal wound to Kennedy. O'Neill said recently in an interview that Kellerman insisted, when pressed how he knew it was Kennedy's voice, "I was with the man for three years, and know his voice like I know my own. And he was the only man in the back seat of the car that day who spoke with a Boston accent."

While conspiracy theorists will debate the assassination for generations, O'Neill's observations are jarring and soul-searching.

"Looking back on the day's events, I kept thinking of Kellerman and Greer," he writes. "They both had the president's blood and brain tissue on their clothes, and it was very evident that they were physically shaken, although still under control. . . . Roy [Kellerman] had been the agent who had directed the security of the president on the Texas trip. That night at Bethesda he told me he cautioned Kennedy that morning not to be so open with the crowds for security reasons. Kennedy told him that if someone wanted to kill him all they would have to do was use a scope rifle from a high building. Roy had tears in his eyes when he told me."

Greg O'Brien, a freelance writer and editor living on Cape Cod, is an occasional contributor. He is now editing Francis X. O'Neill Jr.'s manuscript on the Kennedy autopsy and O'Neill's life in the FBI and other branches of government service. He writes two blogs for Cape Cod TODAY and this Op-Ed appeared in the Providence Journal on Tuesday, March 20, 2007.

It will probably never be the last word. Just like moon landings and Elvis being dead.

I posted the vid awhile back. Some people read into things too much. Think one guy saw bigfoot with a rifle in the film etc... Guess Biggy was a republican.

A.LeClair said:
It will probably never be the last word. Just like moon landings and Elvis being dead.

I posted the vid awhile back. Some people read into things too much. Think one guy saw bigfoot with a rifle in the film etc... Guess Biggy was a republican.

That's right - THERE ARE NO CONSPIRACIES, ONLY INCOMPETENT GOVERNMENTS - isn't that how the pseudo-skeptics put it?

Rick Deckard said:
That's right - THERE ARE NO CONSPIRACIES, ONLY INCOMPETENT GOVERNMENTS - isn't that how the pseudo-skeptics put it?

I dunno, you'd have to ask them. My guess is, saying "no conspiracies" would be considered an exaggeration of their stance, and therefore a straw man argument.

I am convinced governments are incompetent, and so are conspiracy theorist.

A.LeClair said:
I dunno, you'd have to ask them. My guess is, saying "no conspiracies" would be considered an exaggeration of their stance, and therefore a straw man argument.

Well no, *psuedo-skeptics* are not really skeptical at all - they are 'blinkered' (or part of the conspiracy) and this really is their stance, although they would argue that they're the most 'open-minded' individuals on the planet...they are the polar-opposite of MH.

A.LeClair said:
I am convinced governments are incompetent, and so are conspiracy theorist.

Eh? Conspiracy theorists are incompetent? That's a little bit of a generalisation, isn't it?

Well, when some people argue "there are no conspiracies", I just have to laugh. Here is an experiment - Google the word "conspiracy" in the News section:

conspiracy

I just got 26,938 hits. A few random quotes:

"They are charged with felony pimping and conspiracy to commit pimping, and face up to six years in prison if convicted"

"Barr pleaded guilty to the fourth-degree felony conspiracy offense, which is punishable by 18 months in prison"

"Grant E. Dillon, 43, pleaded guilty to three counts, including conspiracy to distribute marijuana and two distribution counts,"

"Prosecutors say a trash company manager from upstate New York pleaded guilty yesterday to racketeering conspiracy."

"As a result of their tax fraud conspiracy, the defendants collectively did not report approximately $725000 in additional income and employee wages"

"A 15-year-old Auburn Middle School student and a 14-year-old AMS student have both been charged with conspiracy to commit murder"

"Rohm is charged with two felony charges of criminal conspiracy, a single felony charge of criminal conspiracy and single misdemeanor charges"

"With alleged accomplice Tammy Jo Williams pleading guilty to a murder-related conspiracy charge in Luce County Circuit Court Tuesday,"

I'm not finished yet - 26,930 to go! :)

Well no, *psuedo-skeptics* are not really skeptical at all - they are 'blinkered' (or part of the conspiracy) and this really is their stance, although they would argue that they're the most 'open-minded' individuals on the planet...they are the polar-opposite of MH.

All skeptics do not believe that conspiracies do not exist. I consider myself a skeptic, and in another thread, gave ample examples of known, documented conspiracies. That alone vacates your assertion.

I suggest that what bothers you the most about skeptics is their maddening insistence upon evidence to support the theory advanced by the claimant. No evidence? No claim.

hopeful skeptic said:
I suggest that what bothers you the most about skeptics is their maddening insistence upon evidence to support the theory advanced by the claimant. No evidence? No claim.

Except, I'm talking about *pseudo-skeptics*, not real skeptics - are you deliberately mis-representing my views?

I'm a skeptic and I'm not the least bit *bothered* by me at all.

I really don't know what *your problem* is with *my* skepticism.

"Scientists Cast Doubt on Kennedy Bullet Analysis

Multiple Shooters Possible, Study Says

In a collision of 21st-century science and decades-old conspiracy theories, a research team that includes a former top FBI scientist is challenging the bullet analysis used by the government to conclude that Lee Harvey Oswald alone shot the two bullets that struck and killed President John F. Kennedy in 1963.

The "evidence used to rule out a second assassin is fundamentally flawed," concludes a new article in the Annals of Applied Statistics written by former FBI lab metallurgist William A. Tobin and Texas A&M University researchers Cliff Spiegelman and William D. James.

The researchers' re-analysis involved new statistical calculations and a modern chemical analysis of bullets from the same batch Oswald is purported to have used. They reached no conclusion about whether more than one gunman was involved, but urged that authorities conduct a new and complete forensic re-analysis of the five bullet fragments left from the assassination in Dallas."

Scientists Cast Doubt on Kennedy Bullet Analysis

Two of the fragments were retrieved, and later matched to an M-1 rifle linked to Lee Harvey Oswald.

Um... Okay, this is where the story leaves the road for me.

Oswald had a Mannlicher Carcano Rifle that he bought. I can tell you myself, they are a piece of junk. I've fired them, and they suck sour frog ass. They are NOT accurate, and not accurate enough for a guy like Oswald who barely qualified to fire three times, hit the target three times, in the time allotted.

Also, the Mannlicher Carcano Rifle does not use the same ammunition as the M-1 Garand.

Lastly... Oswald used an M-1 Garand during his time in the Marine Corps, however... That rifle would have been re-issued to someone else after Oswald left the military, not to mention Oswald defected to the USSR after getting out. That rifle simply could not have been tied to Oswald as a permanent fixture. The lunacy about the bullet fragment being identified as coming from an M-1 Garand that was once issued to Oswald is preposterous.

If the rifle was tied to Oswald, then I guess the Mannlicher Carcano Rifle that was touted as being the murder weapon should never have been made Oswald a suspect. This has got to be one of the most bizarre and idiotic articles I've ever read.

Carlos Hathcock, the most decorated sniper the military has ever had, was asked by the FBI, to recreate the killing shots, in a full scale mock up of Dealey Plaza. Hathcock said unequivically, it could not be done. If it's good enough for Hathcock, it's good enough for me.

Tommy Allison said:
Two of the fragments were retrieved, and later matched to an M-1 rifle linked to Lee Harvey Oswald.

Um... Okay, this is where the story leaves the road for me.

Oswald had a Mannlicher Carcano Rifle that he bought. I can tell you myself, they are a piece of junk. I've fired them, and they suck sour frog ass. They are NOT accurate, and not accurate enough for a guy like Oswald who barely qualified to fire three times, hit the target three times, in the time allotted.

Also, the Mannlicher Carcano Rifle does not use the same ammunition as the M-1 Garand.

Lastly... Oswald used an M-1 Garand during his time in the Marine Corps, however... That rifle would have been re-issued to someone else after Oswald left the military, not to mention Oswald defected to the USSR after getting out. That rifle simply could not have been tied to Oswald as a permanent fixture. The lunacy about the bullet fragment being identified as coming from an M-1 Garand that was once issued to Oswald is preposterous.

If the rifle was tied to Oswald, then I guess the Mannlicher Carcano Rifle that was touted as being the murder weapon should never have been made Oswald a suspect. This has got to be one of the most bizarre and idiotic articles I've ever read.

Carlos Hathcock, the most decorated sniper the military has ever had, was asked by the FBI, to recreate the killing shots, in a full scale mock up of Dealey Plaza. Hathcock said unequivically, it could not be done. If it's good enough for Hathcock, it's good enough for me.

That is true, Oswald was lucky. In the tests that I saw, the shooter had around a 20 percent miss fire but he did nail the shooting at least some of the time. There's a photo of Oswald with the gun. Some believe it's fake though. I can't recall if this was proved wrong.

Back