• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Larry King Show Last Night: New One??

Kim323

Paranormal Maven
Did anyone see the Larry King show last night, August 4? Was this the same show recently discussed on The Paracast and criticized for King allowing Shermer to dominate the discussion? If last night's was the same show, question answered. But I'm surprised there was a rebroadcast so soon. If a different show, a large panel which included Stanton Friedman, Shermer, Fife Symington, former governor of Arizona, Buzz Aldrin, and a number of others. In this one (if different) Shermer to me seemed to be outgunned, though he??? continued to be smirky and dismissive. I used to be a subscriber to the Skeptical Inquirer and used to listen to "its" podcast, but I've grown tired of the laugh factor, as it's called. Anyway, did anyone else see it, and was it a different show? Thanks. Kim

Kim323 said:
Did anyone see the Larry King show last night, August 4? Was this the same show recently discussed on The Paracast and criticized for King allowing Shermer to dominate the discussion? If last night's was the same show, question answered. But I'm surprised there was a rebroadcast so soon. If a different show, a large panel which included Stanton Friedman, Shermer, Fife Symington, former governor of Arizona, Buzz Aldrin, and a number of others. In this one (if different) Shermer to me seemed to be outgunned, though he??? continued to be smirky and dismissive. I used to be a subscriber to the Skeptical Inquirer and used to listen to "its" podcast, but I've grown tired of the laugh factor, as it's called. Anyway, did anyone else see it, and was it a different show? Thanks. Kim

Ratings. Maybe they got good ones on the first show.

In any case, I avoid Larry King like a plague. No self-respecting talk show person in the industry would take that guy seriously, except for his paycheck.

Kim323 said:

I watched it. They have the podcast on iTunes as well, it's just a shorter version. I was wondering if that was the same one discussed here on The Paracast as well.

Gene Steinberg said:

In any case, I avoid Larry King like a plague. No self-respecting talk show person in the industry would take that guy seriously, except for his paycheck.

LOL at Gene!

I agree, Gene. First time I've seen the guy in eons. I literally watch three minutes of TV per week, too busy with teaching and raising my two teenagers. Ironically, now that they're visiting their grandparents I'm at home alone doing what? Watching too much TV! Happened across Larry, and couldn't resist listening to the panel. The former governor of Arizona, Symington, apologized profusely for his press conference where he had someone dressed as an alien come on. He swore he saw the actual Phoenix craft that went overhead. I also like Stanton's beard style. Next time I grow mine out I'm going to try to get that effect with the razor. No kidding, nice beard! Kim

Is it just me, or did Jesse Marcel seem embarrassed to part of that circus?
It wasn't a total waste, however. I did learn that the whole astronaut drinking thing probably started back during the Apollo missions.

67fortsmithufos said:
Is it just me, or did Jesse Marcel seem embarrassed to part of that circus?
It wasn't a total waste, however. I did learn that the whole astronaut drinking thing probably started back during the Apollo missions.

I think anyone would have been embarrassed to be part of that show :)

Gene Steinberg said:
Kim323 said:

rite on the money! remember the cnn u tube debate coverage! he was caught complaining as to how come anderson cooper and his panel get more air time than him and his panel! its on u tube too!

here's the link!

Larry King Complaining!

Back