• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

lamb with a human face (cont.)

Oakenwulf

Paranormal Maven
Lamb With Human Face Terrifies Russian Village | Mysterious Universe

man-faced-lamb-585x306.jpg

Lamb With Human Face Terrifies Russian Village
Welcome to another edition of “That animal looks like creepy Uncle Fred!” In today’s installment, we find a lamb born in the Russian village of Chirka that has the face of an elderly man and is terrifying residents and many others who’ve seen it on the Internet.
The lamb was born on the sheep farm of Blasius Lavrentiev in Chirka, a village in southwestern Russia near the Republic of Dagestan and the Caspian Sea. Blasius says he was looking forward to selling some lambs (you know what happens after that) when the man-faced bleater popped out.
But when I went down to see how it was going I nearly died from shock when I saw what looked like the hairy face of an old man staring up at me. Her parents are both normal looking sheep so I have no idea how she ended up looking like this.
Local veterinarian Dorofei Gavrilov blames the man-faced lamb on Blasius giving the mother too much vitamin A, which can cause birth defects and problems with bone development.
Not so fast, say terrified villagers who think the man-faced lamb is a sign of something bad for them, not the baby sheep. For some, that would be the Antichrist, who some readers of the Book of Revelation believe will be “like a lamb,” imitate the messiah and bring on the apocalypse. It also says the Antichrist will speak like a dragon, but so far the man-faced lamb is speaking in grunts. Oh, and the lamb is a female. That didn’t matter to one villager who said:
She terrifies my grandchildren.
As with other human-looking animals, there’s also rumors of bestiality, as was the case in the birth of a “half-sheep half-human” in Nigeria in 2012 and a goat with a human head in Argentina last year. It could be because Blasius mysteriously changed his mind about selling the man-faced sheep even though a circus offered him ten times the price of a normal lamb.
Whatever has caused it she’s a little beauty and I definitely won’t be selling her for anyone’s dinner table either as the buyers want her on display. She’ll be staying with us until then.
Whatever the cause of the man-faced lamb, Blasius better beware of villagers with scythes and pitchforks.

The lamb’s mother is not afraid of the apocalypse

Back