• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

La Llorna

Mulvaney

Paranormal Maven
Hearing Ben Radford's take on La Llorona was interesting. When we went on the ghost walk in Old Town Albuquerque (one of the best, if not the best I have ever done), we were brought to a chapel and told that sometimes a weeping woman in black is seen there. I thought of Llorona and on some visits have stopped there just to look around.

But it also made me want to listen to the song, La Llorona. It was a staple with many Hispanic musicians when I lived in Southern California, but I always think of Joan Baez's recording. So I played it:

Todos me dicen el negro, llorona
negro pero cariñoso
Yo soy como el chile verde, llorona
picante pero sabroso.

[Everyone calls me the dark one, Llorona
Dark but loving
I am like the green chile, Llorona
Spicy but very tasty]

Dicen que no tengo duelo, llorona
porque no me ven llorar
Hay muertos que no hacen ruido, llorona
y es mas grande su penar

[They say that I don't have sorrow, Llorona
Because they have not seen me cry
There are the dead that do not make a sound, Llorona
And their pain is all the greater]

The Albuquerque walk also had some interesting stories about old town's Church Street cafe, which the owner verified to us after we enjoyed a nice breakfast there. I may have to pick up Radford's book, however, to learn his explanation for the ghost in the theater.

Last edited:
Back