• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Kevin D. Randle - The Best of Project Blue Book

Randall

J. Randall Murphy
1589864035827.pngKevin D. Randle served in the United States Army during both the Vietnam War and the Second Gulf War. In Vietnam, he piloted UH-1 helicopters while assigned to the 116th Assault Helicopter Company based at Cu Chi, and later with the 187th Assault Helicopter Company stationed at Tay Ninh.

Between the Vietnam War and the War in Iraq, Randle was in the United States Air Force, both on active duty and in the active reserves. In the Air Force, Randle pulled duty as a public affairs officer, a general’s aide, and an intelligence officer. He was promoted several times and completed his Air Force Reserve duty as a captain and the director of intelligence for an airlift group.

After the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center, Randle joined the Iowa National Guard as an intelligence officer. His unit, the 234th Signal Battalion, deployed in Iraq in June 2003, to the Baghdad International Airport, returning in May 2004. Randle was awarded a Combat Action Badge for his participation in several firefights in Iraq. Randle retired from the Iowa National Guard as a lieutenant colonel in 2009.

Kevin is also a top notch ufologist who is considered the foremost living expert on the Roswell incident. He is well known for his debates with the late ufologist and nuclear physicist Stanton Friedman, and is the author of Project Moondust, Conspiracy of Silence, A History of UFO Crashes, Roswell in the 21st Century, and the co-author of UFO Crash at Roswell - The Truth About the UFO Crash at Roswell, plus several sci-fi novels.

In addition to Roswell, Kevin's depth of research on other cases is unparalleled. His book Invasion Washington: UFOs Over the Capitol covers one of the most underrated UFO waves in US history. His new book, The Best of Project Blue Book examines the evidence for alien visitation that is found in the official US Air Force investigation into UFOs.

Kevin's Blog: A Different Perspective
Kevin's Podcast: A Different Perspective
Kevin's Books: Order on Amazon

We record Thursday May 21 at 2PM ( CST ) 1PM ( MDT ) 12PM ( PST ).
Post your questions and comments for discussion below.

Last edited:
Quintanilla's LEM Theory for the April 24, 1964 Socorro Landing Case

On the show we covered the topic of Project Blue Book's final head, Hector Quintanilla, and his view on the Socorro Landing case. Kevin had not encountered the evidence that Quintanilla had theorized that the craft was a test module for the Apollo LEM ( Lunar Excursion Module ) and suggested that the theory was concocted by skeptics.

However in my review of the Socorro case for the USI site, I did run across a number of claims that Quintanilla thought the Socorro craft could have been connected to a LEM type project. I don't have all the references handy, but the one below was a response to Quintanilla from Bell Aerosystems dated September 4, 1964 ( several months after the incident ). There were a couple more where this one came from.

QuintanillaLEM-01a.jpg

In a manuscript written by Quintanilla during his retirement titled, Preface to “UFOs, An Air Force Dilemma”, Quintanilla writes:

"On my way back to Wright-Patterson, I hit upon an idea. Why not a lunar landing vehicle? I knew that some research had been done at Wright-Patterson; so as soon as I got back I asked for some briefings. The briefings were extremely informative, but the Lunar Landers were not operational in April 1964. I got the names of the companies that were doing research in this field and I started writing letters. The companies were most cooperative, but their answers were all negative."​

As we examine the actual responses, it's not so much that they were definitively negative. Rather, they were often inconclusive due to the inability of the companies contacted to provide complete responses. So there very well may have been some secret program Quintanilla was unable to obtain verification about. In addition to the above, in an interview by Alex Chionetti with Karl S. Quintanilla, the son of Hector Quintanilla, Karl says:

"We talked about the Socorro Case, where we both shared frustrated experiences with Lonnie Zamora. The possibility that the Socorro craft was an experimental prototype of a lunar module stayed with him for more than two decades, but he could never prove it. He also told me it was Blue Book’s most important case, as you will see in his memoirs."​

I cross reference claims with multiple sources before adding them to the USI site, so I'm confident that Quintanilla did indeed theorize that the Socorro craft was an LEM type project, and I have no reason to believe that the theory was concocted by skeptics. Although, I would suggest that Quintanilla himself could be considered to be very skeptical ( perhaps even too skeptical at times ). Thank you Kevin for keeping me on my toes !

Attachments

• Quintanilla-An Air Force Dilemma.pdf
    991.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back