• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

July 22, 2018 — Nick Redfern with J. Randall Murphy

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
From Men In Black to all sorts of strange entities, Nick Redfern has a host of strange encounters to report — including his own.

Weekly cohost J. Randall Murphy and I continued this discussion on this week's episode of After The Paracast, an exclusive feature of The Paracast+. For more deals about our premium subscription package, please check:

Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio

Interesting show on MIBs, and on Nick's and Randall's experiences.

And thanks for asking my questions, too.

Speaking to the show & Nick Redfern, does anyone recall Doug Moench, where his wife is assaulted by knifepoint in their home while Moench was writing Planet of the Apes?

This narrative starts @ the 5:51 mark …

As the audio sucks, some may find the narrative compelling, whereas, others will find the narrative an unfortunate incident.

Nick has an interesting take on the MIB. They fall into two categories, government personnel and paranormal entities. Certainly in some cases government MIBs are active. As for the paranormal kind, the evidence is inconclusive.

Nick's work is very interesting and the stories of odd activities during his writing method seems to co-inside with other odd events from eyewitness . The MIB contact with paranormal (especially odd phone calls not tellmarketing) as mention by author John Keel books and lectures in the past which Nick alluded to in his good interview with Gene and Randall.
For example was there many poltergeist / ghosts sightings (how many cases have ball lightening) prior to MIB events. Having spoken to a few Nurses who refuse go on some hospital floors at night (due to odd activity (no patient's present in these location) which science might call it superstitious and others smart move . Why do folks see so called ghosts at monastery , castles such as monks and roman soldiers in locations of battles over the decades by visitors , locals surely all can't just be folks in dress up re-actment , How about old Bomb shelters and old cellers recording odd paranormal activities especially those of WW2 which saw mass deaths. Wonder if Nick's research looked at differential job activities of the community in urban settings and rural settings (homeless folks, farmers , emergency workers, nurses, doctors, miners , police) etc
? Also did he interview different age groups within reason and ask their ethnic backgrounds? Moreover, were MIB sighting more prevalent in the day (mornings/ afternoon) or nighttime ? Did Nick have eyewitness accounts of so called MIB on ocean liners etc ? Whatever causing these odd events it seemed quite disturbing for the eyewitness. Especially when objects disappearing and return as some thing playing games . Orbs with which have other worlds within the objects for example 'snowglobes types ' which expand with different colours and odd meteors which can move in all direction and fly back up into the sky no sign of propusion. Shadows which can move objects. Not stuff to ridicule rather open minds to explore for more answers which science should do.

Last edited:
My interest in UAP, UFO... (choose your acronym lol) is limited to a very small part of the phenomena spectrum that Nick Redfern or even Jacques Vallée are exploring. The metaphysical or esoteric (call it what you want) band beyond nuts and bolts that can be measured with radar tracks, video, radiation or proof of physical interaction with our earthly ecosystem doesn't resonate with me.
At this stage of human development, I'd place it akin to one of Lafontaine's fable 'The Frog and the Ox'

IMHO, Stanton Friedman would think it's a time consuming distraction that takes energy and focus away from the November disclosure and especially how it discredits project Blue Book conclusions.

Humanity got a first look last November through the testimony of Luis Elizondo, David Fravor and Jim Slaight at documented and measurable proof of entities operating beyond our official technological capabilities. I think this is the thread ufologists should be urgently pulling on for a few reasons:
  • It provides clues and future direction for scientific studies (new physics, impacts on cosmology).
  • It forces further disclosure now that the small cat is out of the bag. I'm not seeing too much effort in that direction.
  • We are at a technological stage where the tools necessary to better evaluate the behavior of these foreign objects are available.
  • With the USA heading back to a fundamentalist conservative age (supreme court), you might have a 10 year window before Ayatollah Trump and his robed minions shut everything down.
Formal disclosure through maybe Bigelow Aerospace might be the required eye opener and much needed protection against a regressive christian religious fundamentalist future. I yearn for intellectual stimulation on the scale of a moon landing. If you don't act now you'll lose the opportunity of advancing your culture and potentially damage generations to come.

As of today, the Elizondo revelation seems to not have resonated. From this point on, with 70 years of classification and actions that excluded the general public under the belt, this should or could lead to an emerging parallel civilization and no one would really care. They'll stick to the blue pill ;)

I'd love to see a Wachowski spin on this saga. First row tickets !

Last edited:
Nick's work is very interesting and the stories of odd activities during his writing method seems to co-inside with other odd events from eyewitness . The MIB contact with paranormal (especially odd phone calls not tellmarketing) as mention by author John Keel books and lectures in the past which Nick alluded to in his good interview with Gene and Randall.
For example was there many poltergeist / ghosts sightings (how many cases have ball lightening) prior to MIB events. Having spoken to a few Nurses who refuse go on some hospital floors at night (due to odd activity (no patient's present in these location) which science might call it superstitious and others smart move . Why do folks see so called ghosts at monastery , castles such as monks and roman soldiers in locations of battles over the decades by visitors , locals surely all can't just be folks in dress up re-actment , How about old Bomb shelters and old cellers recording odd paranormal activities especially those of WW2 which saw mass deaths. Wonder if Nick's research looked at differential job activities of the community in urban settings and rural settings (homeless folks, farmers , emergency workers, nurses, doctors, miners , police) etc
? Also did he interview different age groups within reason and ask their ethnic backgrounds? Moreover, were MIB sighting more prevalent in the day (mornings/ afternoon) or nighttime ? Did Nick have eyewitness accounts of so called MIB on ocean liners etc ? Whatever causing these odd events it seemed quite disturbing for the eyewitness. Especially when objects disappearing and return as some thing playing games . Orbs with which have other worlds within the objects for example 'snowglobes types ' which expand with different colours and odd meteors which can move in all direction and fly back up into the sky no sign of propusion. Shadows which can move objects. Not stuff to ridicule rather open minds to explore for more answers which science should do.
Some good questions there.

From this point on, with 70 years of classification and actions that excluded the general public under the belt, this should or could lead to an emerging parallel civilization and no one would really care.
I think it's fairly safe to say that in some sense, the degree to which things are done now in secrecy already amounts to a sort of integrated parallel civilization. Plus the same can be said of those who know from their own firsthand experience that alien visitation is real. The only difference between the two is the degree of organization. Is there a third group that is both highly organized and knows alien visitation is real? IMO there must be at least a few people. But do they qualify as a 'civilization' ? I don't think so, and I think that's why they've been able to keep it all under wraps for so long. It's limited to a very few, and for whatever reason, they're not choosing to bring the rest of us in on it.

Last edited:
My interest in UAP, UFO... (choose your acronym lol) is limited to a very small part of the phenomena spectrum that Nick Redfern or even Jacques Vallée are exploring. The metaphysical or esoteric (call it what you want) band beyond nuts and bolts that can be measured with radar tracks, video, radiation or proof of physical interaction with our earthly ecosystem doesn't resonate with me.
At this stage of human development, I'd place it akin to one of Lafontaine's fable 'The Frog and the Ox'

IMHO, Stanton Friedman would think it's a time consuming distraction that takes energy and focus away from the November disclosure and especially how it discredits project Blue Book conclusions.

Humanity got a first look last November through the testimony of Luis Elizondo, David Fravor and Jim Slaight at documented and measurable proof of entities operating beyond our official technological capabilities. I think this is the thread ufologists should be urgently pulling on for a few reasons:
  • It provides clues and future direction for scientific studies (new physics, impacts on cosmology).
  • It forces further disclosure now that the small cat is out of the bag. I'm not seeing too much effort in that direction.
  • We are at a technological stage where the tools necessary to better evaluate the behavior of these foreign objects are available.
  • With the USA heading back to a fundamentalist conservative age (supreme court), you might have a 10 year window before Ayatollah Trump and his robed minions shut everything down.
Formal disclosure through maybe Bigelow Aerospace might be the required eye opener and much needed protection against a regressive christian religious fundamentalist future. I yearn for intellectual stimulation on the scale of a moon landing. If you don't act now you'll lose the opportunity of advancing your culture and potentially damage generations to come.

As of today, the Elizondo revelation seems to not have resonated. From this point on, with 70 years of classification and actions that excluded the general public under the belt, this should or could lead to an emerging parallel civilization and no one would really care. They'll stick to the blue pill ;)

I'd love to see a Wachowski spin on this saga. First row tickets !
Maybe reporter Mr George Knapp should come on the Paracast Show with Mr Elizondo let them have chance to speak on the direction they are taking these events? Still put the money on Mr Greg Bishop excellent work and if there was a so called disclosure it would be controlled with snippets. Look at the latest 'Lockheed Martin's' new Public Relations video

I think it's fairly safe to say that in some sense, the degree to which things are done now in secrecy already amounts to a sort of integrated parallel civilization, whether they have knowledge of aliens or not. Plus the same can be said of those who know from their own firsthand experience that alien visitation is real. The only difference between the two is the degree of organization. Is there a third group that is both highly organized and knows alien visitation is real? IMO there must be at least a few people. But do they qualify as a 'civilization' ? I don't think so, and I think that's why they've been able to keep it all under wraps for so long. It's limited to a very few, and for whatever reason, they're not choosing to bring the rest of us in on it.

I think there's a lot of fear on both sides of the wrap.

In short, we're not all ready for the curtain to open. As an reminder of how sensitive things are right now... just look at the prospect of China overtaking the US on the economy front. All hell is already breaking loose as Trump shuts the doors with crazy protectionist tariffs.... imagine if you add ET into the current state of affairs ? LMAO.

Planet earth is basically a fragile disparate multi-cultural bubble, you can't shake it too much or all hell breaks loose. I don't see any hope of full disclosure until there's a joint planetary effort to expand beyond the confines of this planet because we're forced to and survival of our specie primes over cultural differences.

I couldn't agree more about Trump, and you make a fair point about the fragility of our social structure. But then again, humans are probably the most adaptable species on the planet and we've had to endure far worse to get where we are now, so I doubt disclosure would trigger a global meltdown. There I go being optimistic again ;) .

Like all politicans they have large staff numbers and input so US President Trump can't be blamed for all US problems. Remember lot of the political policy overlap in the realm of international relations through the Whitehouse. Combination of different theories in the search for intelligent life forms in our universe. Dr Kaku and Dr Greene are open mind scientist who are searching for answers which are coming fast down the production line in thr science community. Also France , China and Russia are excelling in the advacments of artifical intelligence. Not ignoring the big social actors such Google and Facebook both have large legion of code /bots programmers doing advance developments in A.I . Maybe some of the unkown object could be rouge actors who are developing A.I experiments inside the darkweb and imagine if unknown intelligence had already taken control of the World Wide Web . Imagine a unknown group could turn off the switch for www . Pure speculation maybe a 'Terminator' maybe is becoming a reality in few years which has access to billions of humans today.

Last edited:
Back