• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

John Lear & Robert Stanley

tommyball

Skilled Investigator
I just wanted to get some other opinions on some recent guests from one of the other Paranormal shows: John Lear and Robert Stanley

I assume most here are aware of Lear's theories.

Robert Stanley (CLOSE ENCOUNTERS ON CAPITOL HILL) has a new book out on Washington DC UFO reports. His research into the number and frequency of sightings was compelling but his photographic evidence seemed a little tenuous. Then he lost me after mentioning his Nordic ET buddy. It's a fine line that these researchers who are also witnesses/experiencers have to tread and sadly many of them lose credibility.

Too bad more of them can't maintain the objectivity and curiosity of David Biedny or Jeff Ritzmann.

-todd

Todd,

Thanks for the compliment!

I've looked at Lear's moon photos, his claims of bases and artifical structures on the moon, and here's my opinion: nonsense.

Look at these:

Home - Coast to Coast AM

I mean, give me a break. Lear must be kidding, these photos show squat.

dB

Lear's theories are an entertaining read and from a storytelling perspective I do have to give him credit for weaving most of the major UFO hypotheses into one giant tale.

Sometimes I wonder if some of these guys are using a different version of Photoshop because mine sure doesn't have the Distort>Convert to Anomalous Architecture filter in it.

-todd

I looooove John Lear. Absolutely love him. He blurs the lines between truth and falsehood, reality and imagination better than almost anyone (I think Hoagland makes more money doing it, though). I never miss a radio show appearance of his, if I'm able. It's first-rate coarse acting. My overly-skeptic friends and I bat him around like a tetherball.

It's the same feeling I get when I watch "The Legend of Boggy Creek." Same feeling. Complete nonsense, but it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I can't get enough.

Back