• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Jeff Rense and Politics

M

Mindsky

Years ago, I used to listen to "Sightings" the radio show. I liked it a lot. After it became a net only show, I knew it wouldn't be too long before Rense would need to charge money, even though he vowed not to charge anyone "EVER", and picked on how Coasttocoastam started to charge money. I was making money online at the time and knew how expensive it can be to run a site, and his sponsors were far from rich and successful. So again, I wasn't surprised he started charging.

Anyway, once he started charging, I stopped listening. For one, I lost respect for his flip flop without admitted egg on his face, and two, his show was more about chem trials, mad cow disease, Zionism (still don't know what the heck that crazy mess is about) etc. I still frequent his site to read articles, and the past few years is mostly about dumbed down armchair political, paranoid analysis, self appointed experts, and conspiracies which I find annoying. He used to have some really great guys on, like Michael Lindemen, who I miss, among many others. The current topics of conspiracies etc. isn't what's annoying persay, it's to the degree it's done and the "experts" who have glaring errors in what they report on. As well as a fuzzy spin they put on events.

Anyone out there still listen to his show? Has he ever commented about why the main focus has shifted away from the paranormal? There's really only so much you can indulge in 911 before you hit a dead end and have heard it all before. Anyone else notice that?

All that sounded kind of harsh on Jeff, so I wanted to edit and add that I like him well enough. It's the guests, topics, and articles that's annoying. Jeff has a WAY better head on his shoulder than Noorey and Art. Hmm. Still doesn't say much. Oh, well I tried.

So, Gene and David have Rense, Art and Noorey to thank for me coming over here to annoy people, since paracast is a better program. Funny, you pay money over there too. Think they (C2C) even leave in the commercials too. Not sure on that one though. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please. I don't need to contribute to spreading false info. like they do some times:) It's been awhile since I listened to one of the trial feeds, is why I don't trust my recollection.

I think the show still occasionally has some interesting guests, but as you say
it has strayed away from the paranormal into politics / alternative science. I think Rense is a fairly good interviewer though, and it does have regular UFO updates.

I know what you mean but I think Gene and David are light years ahead of charlatans like Bell and Noory.

I remember listening to Noory's nonsense one night while he interviewed a so-called "remote viewing expert" who said that an EVP of a person drowning was actually the residual energy of - an abortion. Noory did not question (and there were scores to ask) this assertion, he just became breathless and said "How awful - what a shame." It was such transparent propaganda! The Noory / Bell sideshow was never something to take seriously (neither of them ever questions their subjects and their callers always sound like less than educated social misfits) but that little display soured it, even as a source of chuckles.

One of the many things that places Gene and David more than a cut above the Noorys and Bells out there is that Gene and David don't couch any political content in a paranormal context. They make their political leanings well known and always make the point that government conspiracies run rampant no matter what side of the aisle is in charge at the moment.

Noory and Bell, one a crazy gun hoarder and the other with a child bride, use their sorry excuse for show to scare the sheep who listen to them into supporting Right Wing / Libertarian agenda.

Jeff Rense has been good at exposing frauds when it comes to the paranormal. The Halle Bop comet, and he did good reporting on the "Dr, Johnathan Reed" case. Numerous other hoaxes were exposed via his work. At least he was the one that actually reported on it unlike some who don't want their $$ and/or ratings to go down perhaps. Not like BS is needed for lots of money. Then again, most of the radio shows with a lot of listeners seem to be filled with BS. Limbaugh, Dr. Laura. Howard Stern (I kinda like Howard though:), C2C.

I found this site through UFOwatchdog.com, and the show struck me as having the same kind of open minded skepticism as watchdog, which I liked. Sorely needed. X-zone and Jerry Pippen are good shows, but could use more skepticism in my view. Gene and David seem to have a more genuine interest than Art and Noorey, and do the show similar to the way I would do one. I think we can listen to Strieber's dreamland for free now. I haven't actually listened to more than 5 minutes recently however. I tried, it was too corny.

I haven't listened to any "political shows" here yet. I mean, I have listen to the ones that some are calling political, but I didn't see it that way at all. I can't even find what I consider politics, when they speak about it. I haven't listened to every show yet though.

C2C is 50 percent commercials on the radio. I remember sitting through 15 minutes, then Art would do his c-crane ad, and another. No other show has that many commercials that I've ever heard or seen. Plus the guest like Ed Dames, Sean Morten with their book plugs. It really sucked when I had to record shows so I could listen to them at work. I used up a couple 90 min tapes and got around 90 minutes of a show instead of twice that much. Fast forward button very worn. Sean and Ed just need to remote view game scores and lottery ticket numbers better, and GIVE their info. away free. Considering at least Ed thinks we are constantly going extinct next week. What the hell he need money for? Buying a nice last meal, or he's fool of crap?

The remote viewer that saw a drowned baby as a fetus, Ed by chance? Ed is reliable in one way. I found that if he remote views something, it appears to be a 100 percent chance to NOT occur.

A guy on here Aspie, has a really good site that tracks Bell's guest psychics. He even got into it with the beloved MH of late, in regards to Billy Meier.
True or False

Rense does keep a very nice site with loads of information on it.

I wondered about Art's possible mail order bride. He mailed himself to her though instead. His remarriage was oddly quick I thought. Someone dying of asthma at her age is very odd too. God. Now I'm sounding like a conspiracy theorist, heh.

What's you all's take on the Lou Gentile evp, James Randi million dollar challenge ordeal? Wondering if it's a publicity stunt too?

Jeez, I'm really blushing over here! ;D

You guys are making my head expand, my ego has just left the room.

Perhaps one day we'll have the resources of the C2C and Rense shows, and then we'll REALLY blow you away.

Thanks again for being such excellent listeners, you make it all worthwhile.

dB

Back