• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Intruders movie

Aaron LeClair

Paranormal Maven
Here's the first part of the Intruders mini series for those interested in this Abduction case. Huge ass logo you have to put up with. The movie differs, as usual, than what really reportedly happen. I'd rather post the audio book, but haven't came across one.

The miniseries sucked, in comparison to the book. It had ONE good part, where the phone workers out in the street by the truck turn into bad ass aliens and start walking toward the house (and the camera) in Slow-Mo as if they were in Reservoir Dogs...

The book is an important piece of abduction literature, and the movie is important because it gave great character actor Richard Crenna something important to do not long before he died.

Case closed. :)

The miniseries sucked, in comparison to the book. It had ONE good part, where the phone workers out in the street by the truck turn into bad ass aliens and start walking toward the house (and the camera) in Slow-Mo as if they were in Reservoir Dogs...

The book is an important piece of abduction literature, and the movie is important because it gave great character actor Richard Crenna something important to do not long before he died.

Case closed. :)

Crenna's part was my fav. There was a "speech" he gave toward the end, dealing with closed mindedness I recall liking. I was a teen when I saw it though.

Over all I was disappointed too. Like Fire in the Sky, and Communion movies.

There's another movie along these lines on Youtube (starring I believe Marky Post and Tracey Gold) I saw posted a while back but it was even more hackneyed and heavy-handed than Intruders.

I think the reason these movies/mini-series suck so bad is because they HAVE to just so the general audience (read: morons) will be able to follow it. One thing we seem to at least be getting to grips with here in the paracast community is that the abduction phenomenon is much more (and I hate to use a term like this but it seems appropriate) esoteric in nature than, as Jeremy puts it, "space doctors doing experiments".

There's another movie along these lines on Youtube (starring I believe Marky Post and Tracey Gold) I saw posted a while back but it was even more hackneyed and heavy-handed than Intruders.

I think the reason these movies/mini-series suck so bad is because they HAVE to just so the general audience (read: morons) will be able to follow it. One thing we seem to at least be getting to grips with here in the paracast community is that the abduction phenomenon is much more (and I hate to use a term like this but it seems appropriate) esoteric in nature than, as Jeremy puts it, "space doctors doing experiments".

Yeah. I actually liked that tv movie. May be because I saw so many bad ones there was no where else to go but up. I was going to mention it earlier but couldn't recall the young actress' name or the title. I just recalled Markie Post being in it. I looked it up and it's called "Visitors of the Night". This was the best *tv movie* on abductions I've seen imo. That comes to mind at least.

Tracy gold was the girl that had the puking prob from Growing Pains I thought lol. I'm no expert, but the listed name Candace Cameron rings a bell. I just recall she was in Full House.

I thought the movie was OK. I would have to agree with CapnG about the esoteric nature of the phenomena. I also loved the charactor of the UFO investigator that apeared at the psychiatrist's house and left out the window. I like eccentric people!

Sorry CapnG I just noticed I spelled your name wrong LORD help me!

Not Screech! Or was he just 90s?

In no way can Saved by the Bell be considered a sitcom. I'll always think of it as "That crappy live action show that tolled the death knell of the saturday morning cartoon". Sure it gave us Tiffany Amber Theisen but it also gave us Elizibeth Berkley.

Back