• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Introduction + my take on things + thanks to Gene and David

Shotgun

Paranormal Novice
Hi from New Zealand. Just thought I'd introduce myself to the forum on my first post and thank Gene and David for doing such a great job.

I first became interested in the paranormal whilst reading the Time Life Unexplained Mysteries series of books as an eight-year-old but haven't read much more since then. Recently however I've been reading bits and pieces on the net about mainly the topic of ufos. I have an open-minded but skeptical view on things and naturally find 99% of the stuff on the net to be based on pure 'belief' and not on hard facts and evidence. In response to this I tried to seperate the wheat from the chaff and soon discovered that:

- The bulk of Disclosure Project witnesses seemed extremely compelling, but was confused as to why Greer muddied their testimonies with his other obviously suspect and unsubstatiated claims.
- Time and time again the UFO Hall of Shame/Fame seemed the definative guide on who is genuine and who wants to play games with the subject.
- The Paracast is the only radio/cast show that actually has the guts to try to make sense of these topics in a professional manner.
- The sooner people stop looking at the topic as a religion and approach it from a scientific point of view the better.

I have never had even the slightest paranormal experience whatsoever but it becomes clear to me that when thousands of people with everything to lose and nothing to gain (professional/personally) say they've seen things, then the rest of us should stand up and take notice.

Thanks Gene and David for giving the topic of the paranormal a well needed dose of credibility. Keep up the excellent work.

- Alan

I can support the objectives of Greer's group. Hammering on the gov to release its doubtless massive accumulation of files, photos, films and videos is a worthwhile effort. However, the CSETI stuff smacks of Prophet Yahweh, and ZPE brings up images of perpetual motion machines.

Alan/Shotgun,

Thanks so very much for the kind comments! Good to know that we're being heard so very far away - I've spent some quality time looking at NZ via Google Earth, and I've been especially fascinated with Wellington. It looks like a marvelous place, I hope to visit someday.

Regards,

dB

Have you looked over Area 51 with Google Earth? There are some great images (no flying saucers or pickled grays are visible, however).

David Biedny said:
Alan/Shotgun,

Thanks so very much for the kind comments! Good to know that we're being heard so very far away - I've spent some quality time looking at NZ via Google Earth, and I've been especially fascinated with Wellington. It looks like a marvelous place, I hope to visit someday.

Regards,

dB

i am also a regular listener of Paracast! and i reside in stuttgart, germany! :D

neuromancer said:
i am also a regular listener of Paracast! and i reside in stuttgart, germany! :D

My mother was a Berliner, and I've always wanted to visit Germany.

There was once this lovely German girl, Erika Penner, ahhhh... fuzzy boots.

Sigh.:rolleyes:

Welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy our show!

dB

David Biedny said:
My mother was a Berliner, and I've always wanted to visit Germany.

There was once this lovely German girl, Erika Penner, ahhhh... fuzzy boots.

Sigh.:rolleyes:

Welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy our show!

dB

i sure do enjoy your show David! Thanx for the welcome! Berlin is an awesome place no doubt! :)

Back