• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Interesting Ghost pictures/videos

This is one of the best ghost related cases out there I think.

http://www.wintersteel.com/The_Entity.html

I'm currently trying to find a documentary I saw awhile back that I know many here will like. Not related to the Entity case, but hauntings in general. I will post it here if I can find it again.

/edit Hah! I just checked the second link David posted. That's the documentary I have been looking for and wanting to post.

Found this while checking out the vid David posted.

Looks like a moth to me. Ok, not neato enough... A ghost of a moth!
Man, I am so sick of "orbs".

I'm rewatching "World's Scariest Ghosts". Can anyone think of a way to rig a type writer's key to get the response it showed? It's been a very long time since I've been on a type writer, but what is depicted in the vid is as if something hit the return, enter, backspace key. Or whatever the key on type writers is called.

The typewriter part of the show is toward the beginning. The second ghost vid if I remember correctly. Or the second case. The one soon after the first case of Jackie.

In the Ed and Lorainne section that followed the sheet rock and moving chair, anyone else find it odd the girl doing her homework doesn't seem phased by her chair moving?

I heard about Steven Lachance and his Missouri Paranormal Research from another paranormal podcast he was a guest on. They were discussing some video evidence gathered at the Tri-County Restaurant Might be worth a look.

Steven started MPR after his, and his childrens, experiences living in a house in Union, Missouri. I believe his story was featured on an episode of the Discovery Channels 'A Haunting'. It's quite a story. Here it is, along with links to the results of subsequent investigations and photo/video evidence.

I would love to see some "paracast-logic" applied to the photos and videos they present. Steven Lachance might make for an interesting guest in the future.

Paranormal Packrat said:
I'm rewatching "World's Scariest Ghosts". Can anyone think of a way to rig a type writer's key to get the response it showed? It's

HI, I'm a newbie here but am a veteran admin and mod on another site. I came upon your site whilst having a squizz search...

The best way to rig a typewriter for this effect is, whilst the tyewriter is upside down, place 7 strand soft jewellery wire around each arm on each letter, and use crimps to keep the wires in place.

The wires are then fed down through the desk drawer so someone sitting on the ground or a footrest under the desk near the modesty board, which hides anyone from all sides. Or all drawers on one side can be removed to create a section large enough to secret someone.

Once there, on cue the typewriter can be used. If someone is wanting to create a sensation by typing a particular name, word or phrase. All one needs to do is put colored electrical tape on the wires needed with the corresponding letter written on the tape. and pull each wire in turn to create a word.

This might seem an enormous amount of trouble to go to; but if one knows what ones is doing it could be completed within less than an hour. There could also be long enough wires used for the typewriter to be used from another room, fed under rugs or carpet etc. If there is money at stake people will do anything to attain it.

Just FYI: When you want to embed a movie from YouTube, Google Video, etc., just put in the URL in the message window. You don't need "object" embedding text, nor do you need to click on the Insert Link icon in the reply window. It'll just work -- mostly anyway.

I'm not David, but will comment for the hell of it.

I hear talk about an orb in the vid but don't see any. Vast majority of orbs can easily be explained away in mundane terms.

I saw a person's lower leg and foot as they walked away from sight.

It reminds me of another vid. Caught by Ghost Hunters I think. A cloaked figure seems to walk toward the cam, then quickly away.

Just FYI: When you want to embed a movie from YouTube, Google Video, etc., just put in the URL in the message window. You don't need "object" embedding text, nor do you need to click on the Insert Link icon in the reply window. It'll just work -- mostly anyway.

Thanks Gene!

There's a famous documentary - I think - from the 1950's called "The Most Haunted House in England," from Britain, that shows a very compelling piece of footage of a large, round orb that seems to slowly drift through a hallway and 'into' (i.e. through) a wooden door. I came across this piece of footage some time back on, iirc, a more contemporary program - an episode of 'Sightings' or something similar. Might be worth a look.

Back