• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

If It Feels Good to Be Good, It Might Be Only Natural

Aaron LeClair

Paranormal Maven
If It Feels Good to Be Good, It Might Be Only Natural

I found the part about the rats interesting, although cruel.

"No one can say whether giraffes and lions experience moral qualms in the same way people do because no one has been inside a giraffe's head, but it is known that animals can sacrifice their own interests: One experiment found that if each time a rat is given food, its neighbor receives an electric shock, the first rat will eventually forgo eating."

Meh, I don't lend much credence to such studies. Starve the rats and see if they still care about shocking their neighbour to eat.

Besides, morality is cultural and subjective.

CapnG said:
Meh, I don't lend much credence to such studies. Starve the rats and see if they still care about shocking their neighbour to eat.

Besides, morality is cultural and subjective.

I didn't think much of most of it, the rat part I liked though, besides the cruelty of course. A test was done where humans were told to give shock therapy and most gave the full jolt of electricity (though they didn't have too). Maybe we should call certain people dirty humans instead of dirty rats.

Back