• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

I want to hear more from Stephen Bassett

Devan & Hawk, you make some excellent points about Bassett and disclosure.
I was at his X-Conference on Saturday and while it was my first exposure to a conference of this kind, I'm very glad I went and have a much better understanding of what is right and wrong with ufology. I'll post my impressions of specific speakers in another thread, but in general, as far as Bassett is concerned, he's a very good speaker and I respect him for the effort he put into the event and the enthusiasm he has for the disclosure movement.
The slogan for the conference was "It's not about lights in the sky. It's about lies on the ground." That summed up the focus of the conference, and of Bassett's efforts. Unfortunately, the real paper trail ufology that was presented by Richard Dolan, Cpt. Salas, and the panel on the disclosure/UFO investigation attempts by the Carter and Clinton administrations was undermined by people like Robert Miles and Dr. Greer.
After having a day to digest what I heard at the conference, I think that those of us who want to gain more knowledge about this subject through some sort of official disclosure or confirmation need to forget about the lights in the sky for the time being. They exist. The marginalization that ufology has suffered needs to be remedied, then the subject can get the recognition it deserves, then we can try to figure out the real nature of the phenomenon.

-todd.

Back