• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

I saw a light-entity

keesie15

Paranormal Novice
When I was about 9 or 10 years old we (me, my little sister and my parents) went on a vacation to France.
We rented a old house from friends of my parants there.
I slept in a very dark room that had no windows, and no lights and the electricity didn't work either, my little sister elso slept there, but she slept on the other side of the room.
After we had been there for about 2 weeks I had my experience.
One night I went to sleep not knowing what I was going experience that night.
A woke up in middle of the night (don't know the time), and wasn't dark any more, it looked like there was a lamp standing for my bed, and beside my sisters bed.
I slowly woke up, sat up, what I then saw changed my life, I saw a man of light, I was frozen for a few seconds, and I could see that he was bending over my sister, I could still see my sister's face, then the entity moved and I got under my blanket as soon as possible, then I blacked out.

Could anyone give me an explenation for what happend?

Sounds like you had sleep paralysis, a vivid lucid dream, or were still in the hypnagogic/hypnapompic state.

Hypnagogia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've known many people that have had these experiences, including very close friends. I have had similar experiences as well.

Unfortunately, I'm sure I sound like a hard nose debunker mentioning this to some, but I think the explaination above is as good (at the very least) as any sort of paranormal theory. I'm saying this on the bases of only what you posted. If you've had other strange things occur let us know.

But but my body wasn't paralyzed at all, and where did the light come from?
I could see my own handes even under the blankets, i wasn't scared untill I saw the being of light.
I elso had a strange experience a few months ago, i fell asleep on my back, and woke up in te middle of the night sitting one my knees, my had on te pillow, and I was leaning on my arms, making myself like a ball formation.
I elso have had 2 dreams that later came true.
I elso have had a few experiences that it looked like someone was touching my skin and when I looked no one was there.
Most of my experiences happend after I moved in from my parant's house to the garage (a few meter from the house), I always have the feeling like someone is watching me there.
And one time I saw a white-enitity and when I tried to shine light one it there was nothing, I tried to photograph it, but there was nothing, when I didn't shine light one it, it tried to come closer and closer.
I elso had a few times that I heard a voice talking to me, I didn't understand what is said, but I heard the voice clearly.
My mother said that when I was young I always looked at the walls when there was nothing there, and started talking to something that wasn't there.
My little brother (he's 5) has been having telepathic telepathic abilities lately.
I elso saw a UFO a few weeks ago, but it to fast so I only saw it for like 3 seconds and I don't know fore sure what it was, just that it was very low, and small for a UFO.

You said you were frozen a few seconds. I took this to mean you were paralyzed.

The light can exist in your mind.

Unfortunately, I can't say for sure about your case since I wasn't there.

If you have a webcam, or any other sort of recording equipment, try doing some surveillance while you sleep. This can rule out Hallucinations, dreams etc. Even a simple audio recorder can help. I recommend video with audio the most.

Mindsky said:
You said you were frozen a few seconds. I took this to mean you were paralyzed.

The light can exist in your mind.

Unfortunately, I can't say for sure about your case since I wasn't there.

If you have a webcam, or any other sort of recording equipment, try doing some surveillance while you sleep. This can rule out Hallucinations, dreams etc. Even a simple audio recorder can help. I recommend video with audio the most.
With frozen, i ment, frozen of fear after i sat up.
I'll try to do surveillance with the webcam, maybe i'll catch something, you never know :).

In 1970, I was 11 years of age.
My familly had just moved from Montréal, québec, to Miami, Florida...
Within the first few weeks of our migration, I woke up in the middle of the night, to see a man-like figure made of light, as if the figure was lit from the insides, it was bright enough to make it impossible for me to see specific traits.
As it was not very tall, I thought it was my father standing in the doorway, so I called his name three times... Then I cab't remember anything...
I awoke the next day and asked my father, at breakfast, if he had come to the room I shared with my brothwer during the preceding night, the answer was negative...
I told my parents what had happened, and they considered I had dreamt.
But it was not a dream... I still, to this day, remember that night vividly...
Since then I've had NDE's, out-of-body experiences, and premonitory dreams...
I've always felt that the light-being had come to tell me something... But what?
Ont hing for sure, this event happened when a great big change had just occured in my life...
We (family) had broken away from dire straits to move on to a somwhat more normal lifestyle... AS if it was there to tell me everything was going to be OK, from then on...

My brother has also seen "a man of light". He was terrified. He moved from his home because of it.
For a long while after the experience it was all he wanted to talk about.
He still shows signs of fright when he speaks of the experience.
I for one believe you without reserve, since you've practicaly said what my brother said.
"There are more things in heaven and in earth than are dreampt of in your philosophy Horatio" - Hamlet

Hell R0X
Sh9l0m

keesie15 said:
With frozen, i ment, frozen of fear after i sat up.
I'll try to do surveillance with the webcam, maybe i'll catch something, you never know :).

Hi,

Do you have any webcam motion detection software. That would only record if movement/changes occur in the picture that the webcam is looking at.

I have seen them too. I was not alone in bed when i saw them. I was outside near a feild with my best freind between 11pm and midnight. They surrounded us and then paralized us. As they got close enough to touch they vanished and night turned to day in less then the blink of an eye. We experienced almost ten hours of missing time and did not even move one step from were it all started.

We decided to go out and look for them the next night but they came to us. Just as we were getting ready to go out we opened a curtain to look outside to the feild and one of them was standing on the other side of the window looking in at us.

After that I spent almost twenty years reasearching them over 4 hours a day. I even found a few different ways to contact them. I have also found other very important people in history that have had contact with them. I have found that they are messengers and have inflluenced mankinds development since the beggining of time itself.

If you have any questions about them or if you have info to share about them please contact me asap.

Thanks, Leland [email protected]

Those of us who are sensitive to spirit, such as myself, often see spirit lights... and its a commonly held belief that you need be in a 'haunted' location to see them, but this is quite false. Witnessing spirit energy- which from your account, is what I believe you have seen, is a very special event- and one to cherish.

Far from viewing the experience as 'spooky'- as i conceed it might have felt for you at the time, it is quite possibly a sign from those in the World of Spirit who watch over you, that you have been blessed with a degree of insight... difficult I know, for those who tread a scientific path to believe, but nontheless as real and as comforting for those of us who are tuned in to accept, just as the air and elements are in which we find ourselves immersed within on a daily basis.

Remember.... true spirit is ever good and never harms, thus one should never feel threatened nor worried, should they steer only to the light... but feel only peace.

My very first experience I can remember was very similar to the stories here. I was maybe 7 years old and I awoke one morning (still dark outside so maybe 5-6 am?)to see a man of light standing ON the foot of the bed. His head was very close to the ceiling as he was ON the bed. He was very etheric and sort of orange-y looking with yellow and gold light around him. Now...what was very odd is that I knew this image. It was my uncle who lived next door. My uncle was deaf and at that time I couldn't communicate other than waves and smiles so I kept wondering why he was on the bed. I waved at him even though he looked very odd and I just couldn't figure it out. He didn't wave he just stood there with a big smile on his face. I looked over to my brother sleeping beside me and said "Robert is here" and he just moaned and didn't wake up. I looked back and he was still there. I waved again and he didn't respond. I got up and walked up the hallway and heard Mom cooking in the kitchen. I said, "Mom, why is uncle Robert in our room? He isn't saying anything" and she said "Uncle Robert is at his house asleep in his bed, it's early" to which I replied "No.he's in my bedroom, I just saw him but he looked funny". She told me to go back to bed that I was dreaming but I went to the TV and tried to find some cartoons to watch so it must have been Saturday morning. I went on with the rest of my day so I wasn't dreaming and I don't know why but I never went back to the room to see why he was/wasn't there. I guess Bugs Bunny was more important! ha!

My only explanation after all these years is that he was astral projecting in his sleep and I saw him. That's all I got.:frown:

I've had a sleep paralysis hallucination where I was seeing what looked like an evil version of "Doc" from 'Back To The Future' at the foot of my bed. I tried to scream and couldn't make a sound. I couldn't reach for my gun. Then this black, dwarfish thing jumps on my girlfriend beside me. Then it was over. It was scary as hell, but I came down pretty quick after I realized what it was. I probably wouldn't have know what it was if I hadn't read about it before.

Hi,

One ghost I saw as a boy if about 8 reminds me (in fact it might have been) of the light entity that you describe. I walked i to one of the rooms in our house at the time (it was night time and I was walking into a dark room - no light on) to see "someone" sitting on the sofa in the room. I assume he was sitting because he was only visible from the chest up....but he was clear as day. He was bright white like a statue, staring fixedly ahead. He did not say anything or move...I panicked and quickly switched the light on! But I can stil clearly remember he facial features.
That house was great! It had a few "resident ghosts". Ever since living there I have been seeing/encountering ghosts.

Back