• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Hon. Paul Hellyer

P

Poseidon

I just wanted to post this for those who haven't seen it yet on google video yet. Its the former Canadian Defence Minister, Paul Hellyer lending credibility to the Ufology field with a very well-spoken and charismatic speech discussing his views on Exopolitics. I also found it funny that he encourages the audience to read Colonel Philip Corso's book instead of Dr. Steven Greer's.

paulkimball said:

Paul, very nice to see you on the boards. I always enjoy your blog and perspective on all things UFO. Your conference in Halifax looked great, albeit the opposite side of the world for me. When is your Fields of Fear (I think that's the title) going to be out on DVD?

david_r_p said:
Paul, very nice to see you on the boards. I always enjoy your blog and perspective on all things UFO. Your conference in Halifax looked great, albeit the opposite side of the world for me. When is your Fields of Fear (I think that's the title) going to be out on DVD?

David:

Thanks for the kind words.

The Fields of Fear DVD (yep, you had the title right) should be out in the late winter, after a few more runs on Canadian television. Hopefully we'll secure a distribution deal, but if not I'll make it available through the company website, which is due to be re-launched in February 2007.

Paul

I have read the links you posted to your Blog Mr. Kimball. They certainly follow a skeptical tone as to the nature of the UFO phenomenon.

Questioning the state of Mr. Hellyer's mental health, simply because he dares to speak publicly against the weaponization of space is distasteful. The only madness is from those who support the notion of war.

Sincerely,

Derek Simpson

Poseidon said:
I have read the links you posted to your Blog Mr. Kimball. They certainly follow a skeptical tone as to the nature of the UFO phenomenon. Questioning the state of Mr. Hellyer's mental health, simply because he dares to speak publicly against the weaponization of space is distasteful. The only madness is from those who support the notion of war.

That's typical behavior of the far right wing of ufology.

Thats a nice article. The title is a little misleading but gives credit to the process of how the goverments are dealing with this. It also gives further credit I hate to say it to Greer's research and witness testimonies. They also don't seem to attack the former British Defence Minister's character quite like they do here with Hellyer.

TerraX said:
That's typical behavior of the far right wing of ufology.

No, it's typical of people who do their research, and let the chips fall where they may. Hellyer is simply not credible, for a wide range of reasons; what's even more important, he doesn't offer anything of value anyway, i.e. no first-hand knowledge of anything.

Of course, it's typical of some groups in ufology to label others that they disagree with, i.e. labeling them as the "far right wing of ufology". I guess it beats trying to construct a rational response based on logic, or the facts.

BTW - I've got news for you - where Hellyer is concerned, "far right wing of ufology" would describe just about every serious ufologist.

Paul

Nick Pope is not Hellyer's counterpart.

Hellyer was the Minister of Defence in Canada (back in the mid 1960s). He was a politician.

Nick was a relatively low-level civil servant in the British MoD at the time he was involved in the UFO work in the early 1990s. He just left the M0D as an upper mid-level civil servant, where he held a position equivalent to a Lieutenant Colonel in military rank terminology at the time of his departure.

The author of the article, and his editor, should be thoroughly embarrassed to have made such a fundamental mistake. :mad:

Paul Kimball

Mr. Kimball, I read your blog entries. Quite thorough I must say. Always kind of wondered about Hellyer, never heard of him prior to his recent ufo-themed publicity, only stumbled across him through my following of the Disclosure project (something which, alas, seems to have been as impotent as I had originally surmised). I'd never in my life heard of someone reading ONE book and becoming convinced of the reality of UFOS, aliens etc. Now, thanks to you I know why: publicity.

Sad. I do think your attacks on Hellyer's character and mental state were somewhat harsh though. Flip flopper? This is Canada we're talking about. Liberal, Conservative, NDP... names on a label. They're politicians. They go where the money is (or seems to be).

CapnG said:
I do think your attacks on Hellyer's character and mental state were somewhat harsh though. Flip flopper? This is Canada we're talking about. Liberal, Conservative, NDP... names on a label. They're politicians. They go where the money is (or seems to be).

No offense, but I don't think you know much about Canadian politics. While some people do switch parties, there are, and always have been, fundamental differences between the parties. Hellyer's career was more about personal glory / ego (call it what you will) than political principle. That's not a personal attack - that's an informed opinion born out by the record.

Paul

As a resident of Canada for most of my natural life, having lived through part of Trudeau, Clark, Mulroney, Campbell, Chreitien, Martin and now Harper, I'm fairly confident that I do know what I'm talking about. I do not possess any degrees in political science mind you but based on the evidence to date my observations are simply this: Conservatives are often quite liberal and Liberals often act conservatively. To my mind, the differences between the parties are so minute as to be inconsequential.

CapnG said:
To my mind, the differences between the parties are so minute as to be inconsequential.

I'm sure Stephane Dion, Stephen Harper and Jack Layton will be surprised to hear that, as will most of the people who votes for them and their parties.

Somewhere, Robert Stanfield and Pierre Trudeau are rolling over in their graves. ;)

Paul

Back