• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

highroyds hospital yorkshire

viridiana

Paranormal Novice
Highroyds Psychiatric Hospital formerly West Yorkshire Pauper Lunatic Asylum----now coverted to flats and houses in the grounds, the main hospital derelict. Resident of the new site are, as I have e
heard, asking the Vicar of Menston to bless/exorcise houses haunted by the restless spirits of former residents. As far as I can make out four parts of the complex are converted wards, one being Ward 28 which w as the violent female Ward.There are some new houses that look like Colditz.I worked there 1962-5, the place looks like Draculas Castle now but it is sad that many fine architertural features are buried beneath the rubble, notably the beautiful black daisy mosaic. There are stories about the mortuary also--I dont think this planned for conversion to a house, though I know some hospital morges have been.

Veridiana

Small world, I spent a few months training at High Royds in the nineties.

While I was Googling for some photos of the hospital (shame to see this impressive building in such a state) I came across the following site which members might like:

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk

I hadn't heard of "urban exploration" as a hobby before but it seems to involve taking photos of spooky places...very nice indeed!

Thanks Mcaverty

This is my link

http://groups.msn.com/Blackdaisies-highroydshospitalrevisited

There is stuff from Silver on there also as on the link you kindly gave me.

I only got round a fraction of the place when I went round and got very confused, but I visited my old ward Mellbeck--commonly known as Hellbeck. I wish to return and lay flowers and do a blessing on the site to all the lost souls.

Stangely my photos showed up no orbs though when I go in a certain church in Halifax my pictures are loaded with orbs. I aslso have a picture os a really amd orb on my other site http://groups.msn.com/folktalesofyorkshire

which shows a glowing orb shooting off from the site of a WW2 bomb in Hanson Lane in 1942. I am not sure how to get pictures on here so you need to look on the site.

However, going back to HHR it is true to say the houses arent selling too well and there have been many reports of "bumps in the night" --if one of the actually wards, 28, is now a "desirable residence" well---it was a terrible place where the really dangerous women were locked up, so it isnt surprising. I will get my " Menston mole" to try and find out more. I said the vicar could not refuse to bless the site, he woudl have to refer to matter to the Bishop and what reason could they have not to do a simples blessing--isnt that their job? It was the same at Robin Hoods grave with spineless clergy getting their knickers in a twist!

Viridiana

Back