• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Here's a new one.

T

Tommy Allison

For the last couple of days, something weird is going on.

I'll shut down the computer, and do something else, and when I come back, it's turned back on.

Nobody is using it, just me. I'm not forgetting to turn the thing off either. I actually wait til the thing completely shuts off, and then walk away from it now. Today when I got up from taking a nap, the thing was on.

What the heck???

Or... It could be my cats. I know that Bob likes to see the stuff on the Animal Planet Website.

maybe you should experiment and leave it on word, or something like that, and see if you get any messages typed out...it's never worked for me, but i've read accounts of it happening

Two possible solutions come to mind if you're using a pc: an intermittent short in one of the two power switches (front and rear), or a software error in Windows linked to the shutdown/reboot processes. I've seen both failures cause the problems you've mentioned, although the software bios related error is relatively uncommon in any Microsoft o.s. above Windows 98 SE.

I actually built this machine, so I know it's not a defective part. If it were, I'd have replaced it by now.

It didn't do it today, and I was out of the house quite a bit shooting video.

At any rate, I'll try the Word thing to see what shows up.

T

Back