• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Hello from Winland.

Free episodes:

Bananas

Paranormal Maven
I suppose it is customary to make an introductionary thread around here, so I decided make one in hopes that someone will actually remember this thread, if only to avoid any possible future misconceptions.

First off, I'm 29 and from Finland. (hence my sometimes poor grammar/spelling, English is my 3rd language)

I've never experienced anything even remotely "paranormal" that I'm aware of, and my interest with the field is purely curiosity. I'm also fascinated by the prospects of ancient civilizations (Graham Hancock, Schoch and John A West type of stuff).

I find the whole prospect of alien visitation highly unlikely (but not impossible, I suppose) for multiple reasons, most of them even logical ones. Number one reason being that people are full of shit, and most of the meat for this subject comes from people telling stories and making statements . Be it delusions, hallucinations, selling books or something else, there are too many possible reasons for people to be saying what they are saying, and I will never take anyone at their word without corraborating evidence that isn't anecdotal. The prime reason for this is that lying convincingly isn't hard for certain people, like me for example. I know personally how easy it is to convince rational people of ludicrous things if you put effort in to it. It does not matter how distinguished a career a person might have, there are a myriad of reasons, including psychological ones, to simply start telling stories and as such, I consider them just that - stories that add nothing to the table.

There's only 2 shows I listen to, the Paracast, which I've listened to almost from the start (I miss Biedny, but Chris is awesme too IMO) and DMR. In the case of DMR, my only minor gripe is Mr Ecker playing old episodes, that fake "radio voice" just rubs me so wrong (you all know what I'm talking about :p). I've tried to listen to some others over the years, but quickly lost interest due to them just pandering to the "true beleiver" crowd, which I'm not so they obviously aren't for me.

I have no credentials at all. In fact, my education stops at the 9th grade, so you can safely consider anything I say about anything as some random nobody blowing smoke out of his ass if you want to.

I think that's the relevant stuff... whoever read this, thanks and sorry for your loss of time. :)

Last edited:
Im new here too, already having fun.
I love Ecker, he's so funny with Gene and all those silly jokes makes me laugh.
By the way, Im Jean Luc Picard and I recommend this 80's band called IQ:

Actually it's great to hear about your background. I'm constantly impressed how diverse The Paracast listening crowd is. The multilingual skills you and others possess on the forum is very impressive. Having people with varied global perspectives adds a lot to the environment.

Agreed on both of the two co-hosts. I miss Biedny's wild rants, and oddball emotional points of view. I laughed a lot more back in that incarnation of the show. But O'Brien brings a real field investigator's perspective and an incredible wealth of critical knowledge & more restraint to this incarnation of the show.

I think your thread about DMT is quite interesting and worth considering with the kinds of subjects covered in this forum. Thanks for your contributions... and welcome!

Thanks for the replies. I hope someone even starts to consider the connection between DMT and weird sightings or experiences. It really is my biggest gripe about the entire field, the fact it's reliant entirely on witness testimonies and I just don't believe that they are ALL lying, but I also can't accept that there's so many witnesses to strange stuff yet *nothing* concrete as evidence?

Sadly, I don't have the resources or the education to pursue this on my own, so I hope someone at least brings it up to someone who might look into it.

Last edited:
The subject of dmt has come a few times within this forum but mostly on the more esoteric side.

It is not a subject I keep up with but I don't recall of hearing of any experiences where people willing ingested dmt and had an abduction experience....but didn't really go out in search for such stories....You hear of machine elves, bigfoot, deities, mantis and yes, even greys but not outright abductions.

That would cause me to wonder even if there is a environmental reason for a big release of this substance into your system either from within your own home or while out walking and one did have an abduction experience would not people report the same thing after injecting/investing the same basic substance at a party or on a "ayahuasca vacation"? The seems to be a general theme of being transported immediately into strange realms but not being snatched and being laid out on an operating table.

Last edited:
There are, plenty actually. However, they are in the "bad trip" section, not something people generally advertise. If you go into the bad trips category however, they pop up again and again.

Also, the key thing with the DMT experience is your state of mind and, according to some, intent. If you're ambushed with such a massive experince, who is to say how it will differ when compared to knowing you're going to get a DMT experience.

As I explained in my actual thread about this topic, Ayahuasca effects completely differently than smoked/IV DMT. Just like eating cannabis is a completely different experience than smoking it.

Last edited:
Back