• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Have GS or DB been 'tested' for psychic capabilities?

Forget 'testing'.

David, did you inherit anything physically interesting from your Mother? (abilities)

David is being modest, he's shown a clear propensity for telling the future (see second para).

:D :D :D

Fitz, why aren't you doing your usual routine of telling everyone how writing that will make children think this has already happened (Dave's more than a mod--he's the co-host!) and that it's a real slap in the face to our troops who are fighting hard to keep us from becoming China, and to the Constitution, which was written right here in the good ol' US of A!

Think of the children, Fitz! Think of the children!

Fitz, why aren't you doing your usual routine of telling everyone how writing that will make children think this has already happened (Dave's more than a mod--he's the co-host!) and that it's a real slap in the face to our troops who are fighting hard to keep us from becoming China, and to the Constitution, which was written right here in the good ol' US of A!

Think of the children, Fitz! Think of the children!

I don't believe he's accusing the children of anything.

Not mass murder, anyway.

I can't blame him for feeling gloomy.

I'm feeling a little gloomy myself.

I'm sorry if I've upset you about the 9/11 stuff, I didn't want to at least in hindsight.

I ask because I read somewhere that there is a spectrum of psychic awareness, including negative regions: people who actually appear to dampen psychic performance of others, and paraphysicality in a general sense...

Question for GS, if deemed suitable: Gene, you described a mid-80's paranormal event relating to the passing of your wife (at the time?). Could I ask, were you present at this event, or was it related to you afterwards by your wife?

If present, were you able to read any changes in body language in your wife at the point in time she refers to?

Question for GS, if deemed suitable: Gene, you described a mid-80's paranormal event relating to the passing of your wife (at the time?). Could I ask, were you present at this event, or was it related to you afterwards by your wife?

If present, were you able to read any changes in body language in your wife at the point in time she refers to?
My mother-in-law, actually. I was not present in the basement when my wife felt the sensation of extreme pressure in her stomach area, which appears to have occurred at the precise moment her mom died.

Don't mean to derail this thread, but just had to post my experience.

I was there when my dad passed away. I literally felt his 'soul' 'spirit' or whatever 'whoosh' right up to and past me. It was full of joy and freedom. I'll never forget that! It was like he was letting me know he was ok and 'still alive' as it were....(day before, I was quietly telling him my belief that your soul leaves your body and you are still 'there'. He always believed that when you're dead, you're dead. That's it. And in that experience I could almost SWEAR he was telling me: 'Wow! You were right!'. I even said out loud to 'him' 'See? I told you so!' :)

My mother-in-law, actually. I was not present in the basement when my wife felt the sensation of extreme pressure in her stomach area, which appears to have occurred at the precise moment her mom died.

Let's see now.

First I thanked Gene and Bixy for their input.

Then I suggested that there is a 'trait' which may exist which we can think of as being conveniently-labeled as 'psychical' in nature.

Next I suggested that Gene and David may be on opposite ends of this scale. Gene as the psychic damper, and David as the psychic pot-stirrer. (David 'Clockstopper' Biedney may or may not agree, but who cares, huh?)

Then I suggested that if the universe is holographic in nature...

...and mind-like also...

...and that little ol' insignificant us are collapsing waveforms all over the goddamn place when we assume we are simply innocently, and passively percieving a dead, static, machine-like universe...

...which chooses to be mostly consistent...

...(and which seems awfully goddamn well-suited to our existence at all)...

...then this 'trait' may indeed be a 'quickening' or sense of metaphysical 'play' which seems to be contextual...

...around certain individuals...

...or conversations (a bone for David, I know)...

...or events...

...then perhaps this 'trait' means that there is some sense of evolution to the basis for existence, given that it can be revised...

...and what, after all, is a miraculous event if not a radical revision of 'natural law'...

...and then I darkly hinted about our participation in anomalous activity as co-creators with the 'universe'...

...and that - in spite of the scourge of unrepeatability - there is a way to structure and explore this interface...

...and the other nuanced stuff I forget for the moment.

Oh well.

I frankly don't understand you, but this bit sounds interesting:

in spite of the scourge of unrepeatability - there is a way to structure and explore this interface

Care to expand on that?

I used to be a big believer in the whole psychic thing, but not so much these days. I'm of the mind that too many fakes and frauds have poisoned things to the point of making everyone believe they are psychic when they aren't.

Not everyone has gifts. That's why they're called GIFTS.

Back