• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Gulf Breeze & orbs

Free episodes:

valiens

Skilled Investigator
Great episode with Dr. Maccabee.

I don't remember if I said it in my interview with you guys but I've often said that the UFO I saw with the momster near Vermont looked strikingly like the object in the Gulf Breeze photos, whether those were hoaxed or not. (The thing we saw had a flat bottom.)

Having spoken with Macabee now, what's your take on Gulf Breeze?

As for orbs, I have seen what appeared to be a conscious ball of light while "meditating" or whatever it is I do. I saw it once. It lazily floated in through my closed window, stopped, hovered, then floated back out. It was about the size of a large marble (smaller than a golf ball.) It was white. My sense of it was that it was alive, wanted to see who/what had entered its field of vision, saw it was me, shrugged, and left. I may be projecting that set of motives so take that with a large grain of salt, but I did see the thing float in/float out.

I don't know if that's the same as the orbs people claim to photograph. Those orbs appear bigger. One of the most famous orb photographers had me to her home to meet these "light beings." I found her to be bat-crap crazy. That being said, I showed her some photos of balls of light someone sent me, asking what she thought of them. She thought they were insects. She's a photographer by trade and is aware of all the explanations for orbs yet she still believes her photos show authentic light beings. I didn't see a difference. Maybe the difference is that she took them.

Here's my only question about orbs, really: If they are all insects and illusions, why are people taking them now? Wouldn't they have been showing up since the invention of the camera? Or is it a product of new digital technology?

My understanding is that you see more "orbs" with digital cameras than with others. We have all looked at photographs all of our lives and I have never seen as many "orbs" as I have since the mid-90s. In fact, I am not sure I ever saw them before...now you can get them any time you want with a digital camera and its flash.

But I did get them with old polaroids...or I should say I often got some kind of chemical splotch on the picture. I remember those from the early 80s. They would appear as a bright white or yellow dot on the image.

Here's my only question about orbs, really: If they are all insects and illusions, why are people taking them now? Wouldn't they have been showing up since the invention of the camera? Or is it a product of new digital technology?

Not all are, just most. For those that do make out the ones that are mundane, into something not mundane, they do so out of wishful thinking and ignorance. Sometimes as a scam for attention or to sell dvds.

They have been showing up since the invention of certain cameras.

I hear that a lot: hoaxers trying to sell books/DVDs. I've got to tell you, having finally met people with outrageous claims and footage, that I've not met one hoaxer (that I know of.) I have met only a handful of people I trust. Mainly I've met delusional people who really believe what they're saying but some telltale signs give away that they're not altogether right in the head. You know, besides the fact of the "crazy" story itself.

I don't know if it's a positive or a negative to say "There are less hoaxers than you think but more insane people than you think," but there it is.

valiens said:
I don't know if it's a positive or a negative to say "There are less hoaxers than you think but more insane people than you think," but there it is.

Haha, I think you are probably right. I bet a lot of people you see on the internet or around town spouting their crazy, outlandish claims actually do believe them to some degree.

But I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people peddling books, videos or seminars with crazy and outrageous claims know full well they are full of excrement.

Back