• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Greetings All

Free versions of recent episodes:

Eteponge

Skilled Investigator
Hi all. I signed up months ago but I haven't gotten around to an actual introduction until now. I'm Eteponge / Travis. I've been listening to The Paracast for about two years now. It's my favorite Podcast and what I love most of all about the show is how it takes an actual serious approach and tone to this topic, with actual *healthy skepticism* and inquiry.

I've had several Paranormal Experiences myself, witnessed one UFO, and all left me perplexed and wanting to know more about what's ultimately going on. (Which none of us probably will, at least, in this lifetime. But we can at least try to get a better understanding of things.)

I myself have written several indepth online articles on various Paranormal Topics, such as one on NDEs, two on Psychic Detective Dorothy Allison (whom I see as a definite potential white crow in examining some of her best cases, even against the writings of the Debunkers), one on Apparitions, Death Bed Visions, and After Death Visits, one on Reincarnation Research, Etc, on my BlogSpot. The URL is here ...

Eteponge's Blog

Here is a good description of myself and my stances in regards to paranormal research and approach:

I consider myself more as being in (what is often known around here as) "the excluded middle" than being on one specific side of the fence or the other ("believer" or "skeptic"). I'm a skeptical person who is convinced there is good data in support of some paranormal phenomena.

I find some paranormal data I research very interesting and highly suggestive of something anomalous and mysterious being there when all conventional explanations fail, but I don't out and out state that it is *definitively* "this or that", I say it's "highly suggestive" of this or that, but that's as far as I go with it. I say it's worthy of further honest investigation and further data, and definitely suggestive that there is a real mystery there worth looking into.

I find many cases very evidential, veridical, and anomalous, and worth serious research and study. But I don't like being considered firmly in either "believer" or "skeptic" camps. It's more of a "convinced by the data" thing than a "belief" thing with me, I want to get to the bottom of things, a "follow the data" type of person.

I tend to call all sides on erroneous statements and data, and even play a middle-ground peacemaker at times, always with REASONABLE Skeptics though.

I wasn't always this way though. Up until several years ago I was pretty New Agey and Woo Filled, a bit too much of a "believer" type, that didn't question enough and didn't research all sides of an issue well enough. Now I take a more serious research driven approach to things. I've gotten more skeptical-minded as of late, in a good way. Healthy skepticism as opposed to auto-dismissive debunkerism.

I take an even-handed approach. I feel this might be a good place for me to have great reasonable discussions, being a big fan of the show and all. :D

Welcome to the forums. Are any of your articles available on-line that you could provide a link to? That would be fun.

Back