• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Good Evening from Robin Hood Country

Odinic-wanderer

Paranormal Novice
Good Evening

I am a new member to the forum but not a new listener. After listening to the podcast for the last 6 years and thought it was about time that i actually joined in.
I am based in Nottingham, UK but i am originally from Derby. And for anyone who knows the football history of either city then even living near Nottingham is probably treasonous for any one from Good Ole Derby.

Either way i hope to navigate my way around the forums and join in on anything that interests me.
I like anything to do with how Mythology, Scientific dogma and religion effect the paranormal in all its guises. I believe i have quite a broad knowledge (jack of all trades, master of none) and i up for discussing just about anything paranormal related.

i didnt think football played in either place would be exciting enough, to get serious about, i mean i thought football played in those towns was as about as exiting as the Isle of Man's space programme.

''and i am up for discussing just about anything paranormal related.''

like derby winning the premier league.

signed
a QPR fan.

ahh football in the smaller cities is far more exciting than that played with the big clubs.
Derby and Nottingham being so close there would always be a rivalry but most of it stems from the fact that both clubs enjoyed their most successful periods under the same legendary manager. This has created a rivary that especially in the 70s and 80s that is more akin to a blood feud.
children in both cities are brought up to hate the other side with a passion and die for their club. Its ridiculous and rather stupid but far more fun that watching Man U or some oil rich team go at it.
and the isle of man space program I believe they refer to it as the TT and its a serious spectacle, at the speeds they fall of you swear they could get into orbit lols.

and
i didnt think football played in either place would be exciting enough, to get serious about, i mean i thought football played in those towns was as about as exiting as the Isle of Man's space programme.

''and i am up for discussing just about anything paranormal related.''

like derby winning the premier league.

signed
a QPR fan.
only just realised you signed as a qpr fan, my previous ramblings are for nothing lol. And Derby could legitimately win the Premier League....... if a 'Swamp Gas' related explosion killed every team that entered Pride Park. I think the odds are pretty good on that with Derby being the cesspit that it is lol.

we may be playing each other in the final of the play-off's yet fella.

yep ive shown the lads here how we manx 'DO' motorcycle racing.

ive got family in notts, cotgrave, ive been to watch forest and county back in the 70s.

Yeah you guys do motorcycle racing properly and could be a big TT for the Isle if Connor Cummings can get a win.

That we may be, I will hopefully be at wembley for the final

ROBIN OF SPOOKWOOD

" ‘ TIS NOW THE VERY WITCHING TIME OF NIGHT

WHEN CHURCHYARDS YAWN, AND HELL ITSELF BREATHES OUT

CONTAGION TO THE WORLD: NOW I COULD DRINK HOT BLOOD

AND DO SUCH BITTER BUSINESS AS THE DAY." HAMLET ACT 111

"CHAINED TO ALL THE PLACES THAT HE NEVER WISHED TO STAY

BOUND WITH ALL THE WEIGHT OF ALL THE WORLD HE TRIED TO SAY

AS HE FACED THE SUN HE CAST NO SHADOWS

AS THEY TOOK HIS SOUL THEY STOLE HIS PRIDE

AS HE FACED THE SUN HE CAST NO SHADOW."

OASIS

Over the past few years reports of paranormal phenomena at Robin Hood’s Grave have been reported to the Yorkshire Robin Hood Society. One of the earliest stories was from an elderly lady who used to visit her aunt in Hartshead many years ago. She and a friend often heard Robin calling for Marian over Kirklees, which was just down the hill, and on one occasion they found a silver arrow near the grave.

In the early eighties,Barbara Green was told by Roger Williams, a local man, how he saw the apparition of a white lady on two occasions when he was clandestinely visiting the grave. On both occasions,1963 and 1972,he saw the same woman gliding across the grass and stated,"Wild horses would not drag me there again." www.robinhoodyorkshire.co.uk
for further details

Back