• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Giza Pleiades Connection

Rigel

Paranormal Novice
I recently made some discoveries which I think some may find interesting. It involves the star group known today as the Pleiades and in ancient Egypt as the Seven Hathors. I'll start the thread by showing you the most interesting Pleiades/Giza correlation, the exact matching of the positions of the two upper stars of the Pleiades when they are in the western sky, Atlas at the position of the King's Chamber and Alcyone at the position of the Queen's Chamber.

Now, you might say that I could pick whatever time during the night when the two stars happened to match those positions, since the orientation of the Pleiades group changes as it goes through its curved path from East to West. Well, it's not a random time, it's an exact time which I have no control over, the time when Alcyone is due West. Now what if Atlas and Alcyone perfectly matched up to the exact centers of the two chambers exactly when Alcyone, the brightest star in the group, was due West in the 4th Dynasty? That would be one heck of a coincidence, wouldn't you think? Now I'm going to show you exactly that.

The image below is probably the most stunning thing you will ever see regarding the Great Pyramid. I overlaid a transparency of the Pleiades, which I got from the astronomy program Starry Night, set the coordinates of the Great Pyramid, and I used the year 2588 BC. The pyramid diagram is an exact CAD replica of the Great Pyramid cross section. The stars are in the same positions throughout the 4th Dynasty so I could have used any random year between 2500 and 2997 BC. I could not have used an earlier date because the Pleiades did not reach due West prior to that, because of precession.

I also theorize that there is a 3rd secret chamber at the position of Merope in the image, which is the next star down and left from Alcyone. This would be where the mummy of Khufu is housed along with the statue of Hathor which is absent from the niche in the Queen's Chamber. You may also note that the star at the lower right, Taygeta, is right at the base of the pyramid, making the chances of the chambers matching the other two star positions even less likely to be coincidence. The niche in the QC faces West, so the statue of Hathor which was there before it was moved to the secret chamber would have been gazing directly at the Pleiades. The niche is offset southward from the center of the chamber because the statue was actually gazing at Merope. That's why I believe the secret chamber is at the position of Merope.

35cj29d.jpg

This image shows how Merope is right in the middle of the niche when Alcyone is positioned at the peak of the ceiling of the chamber. So this is a second correlation using the Pleiades in a different way right within the chamber itself. It tells us that the statue of Hathor (along with Khufu's mummy) is at the position of Merope in the secret chamber below. How the chamber is accessed I don't know. Perhaps from the subterranean chamber somehow, a well concealed secret entrance. I had to reverse the diagram so that the niche would be facing West as it is in reality. The diagram was a view facing East originally.

Incidentally, the Pleiades were on the horizon, exactly as they are on the pyramid base in the above image, in the year 2900 BC. In the standard chronology the pyramid is said to have been built around 2500-2600 BC. If the pyramid base was meant to represent the horizon then the pyramid is older than previously believed. By 2600 BC the Pleiades were up a little distance from the horizon when Alcyone was due West. Since I can't be certain that the Egyptians were trying to exactly depict the Pleiades when on the horizon as it is in the pyramid, the pyramid could still have been built after 2900 BC.

2hgqlhc.png

I made a new image showing the time when Taygeta was on the horizon. The year turned out to be 2944 BC. I turned the sky white in this one so the local horizon line would show up clearly. That's not the grid horizon line but the local horizon line, which are a little different. This is what the real horizon would look like. The grid horizon line doesn't take the atmospheric distortion effects into account like the local horizon does.

As I said, I don't know if the builders were intending for the pyramid's base to represent the horizon or not. It does seem likely, though, since tyhe name of the pyramid in Khufu's time was actually "Khufu's Horizon".

2niz2hy.png

Positioning of the two large pyramids, Alcyone due West.

11lhc9i.png

Positioning of the 3rd pyramid with Alcyone keyed to the 2nd Pyramid and in this case when Alcyone was due EAST, rather than West.

b8rbro.png

Here's some geometry I drew in with autoCAD. I wonder whats underground at the position of Merope.

zl2js.png

About the last few images I posted, I made a much more accurate Giza diagram using CAD and Petrie's actual survey coordinates and it turns out that the match-ups are not as accurate as they appeared in that crude diagram I used before. So I'm dropping the whole Giza groundplan Pleiades connection theory. I now believe that the positions were dictated by purely geometric factors, as people like John Legon have theorized. However, the correlation between the Great Pyramid chambers and the Pleiades is still completely valid, since that was an accurate CAD drawing of the pyramid. It wasn't that great a groundplan theory anyway, having to use only two stars at a time. Can't solve everything I guess.

Oh well, solving that alone and identifying the probable location of a 3rd secret chamber within the pyramid is sufficient. No need to complicate matters further by attempting to explain the groundplan too. BTW, that whole hexagram thing was also way inaccurate in the CAD Giza drawing so that's out now too. Now it's a nice simple solving of the Great Pyramid chambers and the mystery of where Khufu's mummy and the Hathor statue are.

Weeeelll.... best of luck proposing a dig at the "Merope coordinates" to the egyptian authorities. Or have you already done that? I don't have much of an idea about astronomy or ancient egypt but the above seems to show that you are really well versed in both. Maybe they'll listen to you if you have some university degree in one of the fields...?

I must admit, when I read the thread title I was afraid you'd propose some connection with Pleadian ETs...you know, these hawt blondes who are especially fond of a certain swiss mountain dweller. ;) But that doesn't seem to be the case...?

While I think it is possible the ancient Egyptians may have aligned the pyramids with some stars because they had a fascination with astronomy, I'm not of the opinion that they couldn't have built them themselves.

No, no aliens I'm afraid. Just plain ol' observational science. Since that crude Giza diagram I used turned out to be inaccurate, I also made my own CAD image of the Great Pyramid chambers, just to make sure that CAD pyramid image I got somewhere else wasn't similarly flawed. I made this using Petrie's survey data. It's an exact replica of the chamber positions. I think any reasonable person would agree that this match-up is too exact to be mere coincidence. Therefore, until somebody presents an alternate explanation for the offset chamber positions which is more reasonable than this one, I have to believe that I have actually solved the mystery. Those weird chamber positions had been bugging me for many years before I finally figured it out.

It looks like Atlas is just slightly high on the center of the King's Chamber but considering how small the Pleiades group is as viewed from earth and the fact that the pyramid is a huge stone structure, I'd say they did a rather good job. For the alien buffs out there, maybe an alien suggested this to them over tea.

Regarding possible searches for the chamber in the real pyramid, that's why I'm publicizing this. I figure that if it becomes widely known that a very strong indication of a 3rd chamber has been discovered then somebody sometime will go in there and open it up. I sure can't do it myself. Just looking at the image, wouldn't you say that a 3rd chamber at Merope's position would seem likely? It's like 1-2-3. How could there NOT be a 3rd chamber there? It's near the center like the other two and right below them. The bedrock core was left quite high in that area. The 3rd chamber would actually be in the bedrock, not built of blocks like the other two. Why else leave the bedrock high like that? Neither of the other two pyramids did that. You can see that bedrock here http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_-Egz9Ly99hE/S6-Sgr3fEvI/AAAAAAAAAgY/IUP3KQ3GPDQ/s1600/Diagram+Pyramide.bmp

Evidence of secret passages, leading to what? Two Secret Pyramid Chambers Revealed – Talking Pyramids

2upzll3.png

Interesting.. the 3rd chamber could I guess be the actual burial chamber and all the others just there to throw the looters of.. just a hunch.

Keep the info coming as this is really quite interesting and sort of a fresh take on an old structure.

I don't have anything else at the present time. Only the stuff about the chambers matching the Pleiades stood up to scrutiny. The other stuff I had was about the pyramid positions but it turned out that it only worked with the crude diagram I posted with the geometry drawn on it so I have to drop that other stuff and stick with the Great Pyramid/Pleiades theory only. That's the most important part anyway, since it identifies the probable position of the true tomb chamber of Khufu. If I do find anything else I'll post it here though.

I do have some other stuff about the Dahshur pyramids and the Pleiades though. Here's that. In this case they appear to have depicted the Pleiades when Atlas was due West, rather than Alcyone as at Giza.

xencs9.png

This shows the Bent Pyramid. The stars aren't right in the centers of the chambers, but it's still pretty good. In this case I theorize another chamber being at the position of Atlas, where the slope angle changes.

21adape.png

I think this might be the correct way to match the Pleiades to the Great Pyramid and Khafre's Pyramid. Yo have to put Electra, the star matching the Great Pyramid due West. Electra is a little brighter than Merope like the Great Pyramid is a little larger than Khafre's Pyramid. You also have to view Giza looking westward. The 3rd pyramid is not involved, that's why it's so much smaller. It's positioned based one geometry.

9urqzm.png

I have made a small revision in my Great Pyramid Pleiades theory. I now think it is more probable that the stars Atlas and Alcyone were represented by the chamber positions when Atlas was due West, rather than Alcyone. The matching is as precise or maybe slightly better.

In this case, the due West grid line (gray) is seen to be perfectly aligned to the South wall of the subterranean chamber. It also seems more likely for the King's Chamber to have been intended to be at the due West position, since that's where the coffer is. It may seem a little counter-intuitive for the pyramid's central axis not to represent due West but I think overall that the King's Chamber wins out as being at that position.

I also now think that the 3rd chamber, with Khufu's mummy, is more likely to be at the position of Electra than Merope. Electra is the 3rd brightest star and on a similar slanted line from the King's Chamber as the Queen's Chamber is. It's also deeper in the bedrock. The last image I posted before showed how Electra appeared to match the position of the Great Pyramid, so it would make sense for Electra to also be the star indicating the 3rd chamber's position.

35bs1lw.jpg

2ltfzfs.png

Actually, come to think of it, since the Electra /Great Pyramid/Merope/Khafre/Pyramid match turned out best with Electra due West, maybe I should try it like that with the chambers. Here's how it would look. Hard to say where exactly the due West line should be placed in the pyramid. I guess it's not really important since all of the stars are still in virtually the exact same positions anyway. Could take your pick really. Those stars don't change that much because the asterism is so small that it's not really moving very far at all depending which star is due West.

One thing that may be in the favor of this particular positioning is that the stars are higher in the sky than in the other two versions. There is a phenomenon known as "atmospheric extinction" which make stars harder to see as they get closer to the horizon, due to more air being between the viewer and the stars. So the stars would appear brightest with this positioning scheme, though it's hard to say whether the difference would actually be noticeable.

In this case Electra is at 3°44.5' altitude. At 4° a star's apparent magnitude is reduced by 2. Since apparent magnitude is inverse to the highness of the number, Electra would go from 3.71 to about 5.71. When a star is at Apparent magnitude 6 it becomes very difficult to see with the naked eye. So Electra should still be just visible at that height. With Atlas due West Electra would be down to 3° 3.371' so it would be considerably dimmer. With Alcyone due West Electra would be at 3° 24.153'. So with visibility considered, Electra due West would be the best candidate for the true positioning scheme.

2lcxpvr.png

2qntypw.png

Here's an interesting thing I found which may strengthen the case for Electra being due West when Atlas and Alcyone were depicted by the chambers. The full length of the Grand Gallery is known to be 88 Royal Cubits. The 270° line appears to be 60 cubits up the gallery from the bottom end. That would leave 28 cubits above it. The gallery has 28 notches and the pyramid height is 280 cubits so this seems suspicious to me. Is there some kind of secret entrance to a vertical shaft to the 3rd chamber at that point in the gallery? Probably, yeah.

Incidentally, I just did a quick calculation of 88 divided by 28 and of course it comes out to a fractional approximation of pi, since 88 is 4 x 22 and 28 is 4 x 7, 22/7 being 3.142857143. Guess that explains the 88 cubit length being divided up into 28 steps or notches. The position of the 270° line would split the gallery into 28 and 60 cubits, a ratio of 1 to 2.142857143, which is the 22/7 form of pi with 1 added. The secret shaft entrance should be at or near the 19th notch upward in the gallery.

Observe, if you will, the fact that the Grand Gallery floor is actually made up of large stone blocks placed between the walls. It looks like two layers of thinner blocks, one on top the other. The blocks at the 60 cubit point could easily be sealing off the shaft to the 3rd chamber. Now there are coverings over the floor with step type things in them so people can walk up. Nobody has even explored the possibility of a shaft under the floor blocks yet. How could they when huge blocks are over it, which must have been slid down from above like the plug blocks at the lower end of the gallery.

2vkj5zq.jpg

Here's something I did a little while ago and didn't post on here yet. It's my theory for how the heights of Khafre and Menkaure pyramids were derived geometrically from the Great Pyramid's height. As is known, Khafre's pyramid is not a perfect 3,4,5 pyramid, nor is Menkaure's pyramid a perfect pi pyramid like the Great Pyramid (actually a 289/92 pyramid).

Nobody has previously explained why the heights were made such that the slopes do not correspond to perfect seked values or the ratios I mentioned. For instance, you'll find the seked of 5.25 (palms to 7 palms, being 1 cubit). However, that produces a slope angle of 53° 7' 48.368". The problem is that this is not the actual measured slope angle. From Petrie;

For the angle of slope of the faces, the direct rneasures by goniometer and level on the granite in situ gave 53º 12' ± 2', but by measurement from plumb line 53º 2'; the block has been slightly shifted, but the top surface only varies 1' from level, being high on the outer edge. By goniometer measures of [p. 98] 24 blocks, both of granite and limestone, lying around the Pyramid, the mean is 53º 14' ± 5'; and though this involves the assumption of horizontal courses, if this be taken as the angle of slope, yet it agrees so closely with the casing in that probably 53º 10' ± 4' will be the best statement.
Pyramids and Temples of Gizeh: Ch. 8, Outside of Second Pyramid

The procedure shown in this image produces a slope of 53° 11' 11.39", which is much closer to the actual angle from the casing stones. How did they actually measure out that slope angle if they couldn't use the 5.25 seked? I suppose they just used the same procedure as shown in the image, making a set square with that exact angle. No way to know exactly, but we do know that they did not use the 5.25 seked.

i4eiat.png

Here's an exciting new find. The star Pleione in the Pleiades is rather dim in relation to the seven major stars. It is, nonetheless, an important star because of its close proximity to Atlas. It is generally seen as the consort of Atlas, his wife in the Greek myths. I suspect that it was likened to Hathor by the Egyptians, since Menkaure is shown in a statue with Hathor at his side and this star falls on his pyramid. So we have Hathor herself represented by Pleione and the "Seven Hathors", the herd of cows which nourish the dead with their milk, represented by the other seven bright stars. The dimness of Pleione would be the reason for the smaller size of Menkaure's Pyramid.

An interesting thing about this scenario is that the Sphinx is involved, being the positioning reference by placing Electra between its forelegs. So the Sphinx has finally been tied into the Pleiades correlations. This was far from obvious, which is why it took me considerably longer to identify this particular scheme than the one for the two larger pyramids. Again, the time depicted is when Electra was due West.

I should mention that I'm aware of the geometric relationships involved in the pyramid positions, such as the theories of John Legon, but those do not affect this scheme because it is the Sphinx which dictates the correlation, not either of the other two pyramids. It would have been the Sphinx which was positioned in such a way as to make this correlation with Menkaure's Pyramid possible while also allowing the geometric relationships between that pyramid and the other two, and Legon's theory does not involve the position of the Sphinx, which seems to have been an unsolved mystery prior to my recent discovery shown here.

70zyhx.png

Here we have evidence that the Sphinx may indeed depict the face of Menkaure. This is the face from a huge statue of Menkaure at the Boston Museum, see JAIC 2003, Volume 42, Number 2, Article 4 (pp. 193 to 236).

The Sphinx could easily be him. The fact that it's in front of the central pyramid means little. The Sphinx Temple is a separate temple from Khafre's Valley Temple and appears to have been built after it. It was suddenly halted during construction, just like Menkaure's Pyramid. The casing stones on Menkaure's Pyramid weren't even smoothed off completely. All construction ceased when Menkaure died unexpectedly. The Sphinx Temple is the same, construction suddenly ceased and blocks were abandoned where they were, on their way to the temple. The Sphinx Temple could not have been built by Khafre in my opinion. If Khafre had started the temple then Menkaure would have completed it. When Menkaure died suddenly, there was nobody left to complete it.

97qk41.png

I have added a new thing to my Giza related theories. It's on my web page now (the last image) Giza Pyramids and the Pleiades | Wix.com
The image shows a possible explanation for the angles of the southern "air shafts" of the the Great Pyramid. They are the angles from Alcyone to the two upper stars of the Taurus asterism as shown. The star at the left is the brightest star Aldebaran. Apparently, the king's soul is supposed to be escorted by Hathor, the Pleiades goddess of the West, to those two stars in Taurus.

wckaw7.jpg

Back