• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

General thoughts on conspiracies

M

meciar

I was going to put this in the Steven Greer post, but then I realized it was a bit off topic.

I wanted to post the problem's I have with conspiracy theories (mainly ufo conspiracies) and I'd like to hear your feedback on these points:

Why would the US government and other governments around the world spend millions if not billions of dollars on space exploration if they had all the technology to do it already? Are they just wasting away tax payers money in this conspiracy? Is NASA just one big waste of money, resources, good scientists, etc? I have a problem with that.

What about the free energy debacle? If we had free energy (or whatever you want to call it (zero point, etc)), I am certain there would be a way to phase it in and companies could make money off it somehow. There were more coal power plants before we got nuclear power plants weren't there?

The other large problem I have with conspiracy theories (as has been mentioned on the podcast already) is that governments have a habit of leaking secrets - how could we NOT know about this or have a greater suspicion about it if it were true?

How could so many people get duped? There are a lot of brilliant people out there and it makes me wonder how all of us (except an elite minority) would fall for massive cover-ups and conspiracies. Out of the 6 billion people in this world, you'd think some definitive answers to ufo's, free energy, etc would come out eventually ???

meciar said:
How could so many people get duped? There are a lot of brilliant people out there and it makes me wonder how all of us (except an elite minority) would fall for massive cover-ups and conspiracies. Out of the 6 billion people in this world, you'd think some definitive answers to ufo's, free energy, etc would come out eventually ???

I think I talked about this elsewhere.

You keep these 'secrets' on the fringe of the official 'consensual' reality.

You maintain what is 'rational' by controlling the 'official' centres for scientific study, by manipulating the mainstream media to avoid 'hot' topics and by governing what is taught in schools.

You maintain what is an acceptable reality - you make it difficult for people to accept an alternative reality to the 'official' one. This is how religions and scientific dogma prosper and how those looking 'outside the box' are pushed out of the loop. Anyone who openly expresses an opinion about matters outside this 'rational' understanding are immediately seen as 'dangerous' and are quickly discredited.

As long as this 'official' reality excludes the presence of ETI's there will be no worldwide 'acceptance' of it. Doesn't matter how many more videos or books come out, if the officials keep it out of 'what is real' then the general public will continue remain apathetic to the UFO reality.

BTW, the 'free' energy device isn't creating energy - it's just tapping it from the zero-point vacuum. So, it isn't even breaking the sacred law of 'conservation of energy', it's just not getting it from a utility company...now there's a good reason to keep it out of the 'official' reality...

The term "consiparcy theory" has gotten a bad wrap in recent years as far as I'm concerned, basically equating to either "desperation explanation" or "loonatic fringe concept". "Alternative explanation" might be a more accurate term.

One often overlooked factor is that consipracies are a recurring part of history. Everything from the death of Ceasar to the attempts to kill Hitler to, well, you name it. The thing is, once they enter the history books, they are rebranded with the more credible term "plot".

meciar said:
Why would the US government and other governments around the world spend millions if not billions of dollars on space exploration if they had all the technology to do it already? Are they just wasting away tax payers money in this conspiracy? Is NASA just one big waste of money, resources, good scientists, etc? I have a problem with that.
If you look at the amount of money made from the increase in oil prices due to the Iraq debacle (calling it a war is a kindness to noone), the money spent on the Nasa Spectacle is a drop in the bucket over the past 60 years. Like building football stadiums, it is a spectacle to Inspire the Masses, not an attempt to actually accomplish so much. Some great data, but more has been learned from archeology about the history of the Earth than traveling to other worlds. The amount of 'misplaced' money from the Pentagon is more than Nasa's budget. Hell, the Navy probably spends more money on lost tools than Nasa spends on rockets.
What about the free energy debacle? If we had free energy (or whatever you want to call it (zero point, etc)), I am certain there would be a way to phase it in and companies could make money off it somehow. There were more coal power plants before we got nuclear power plants weren't there?
Nuclear energy is a sham. The amount of energy, pollution from flouride, and security costs outweigh the electricity we get from it. It is a big user of petroleum to mine and process uranium. Kind of like hydrogen, it is closer to a storage medium than an energy source. Until we use nuclear powered mining equipment and clean up the UF6 that's lying around by the hundreds of thousands of tons, we are losing money with it. Money losing operations are loved by the government because if it loses money, people somewhere have to use energy (usually oil) to make enough money to pay for it. They now want us to believe in the ITER project for hot fusion, which has been failing slowly for 40 years at MIT.
It isn't so much the free energy itself as the inspiration it would cause. If people knew that the QRT (Quantum-Relativity-Time) system is keeping them stupid, some inventive geek would eventually build something big enough to power a community of houses. As long as the geeks keep applying for patents, the PTB know what to look out for, and how to discourage them. As long as the universities "can't reproduce" cold fusion reliably, it doesn't end up at WalMart. A little nudge here, a few missing dollars there; that's all it takes. There are holes in science history, but the schools aren't smart enough to teach anyone to look for them, and even if they did, the shameless consumers would just destroy the world that much faster. It's not like anyone has enough leadership potential to initiate conservation philosophy on our species.

The other large problem I have with conspiracy theories (as has been mentioned on the podcast already) is that governments have a habit of leaking secrets - how could we NOT know about this or have a greater suspicion about it if it were true?
How much do you really know about the Iran/Contra scandal? October Surprise? Airplane parts for Hostages? Those things have been just squeaking out of the cracks for 20 years, and they are just political scandals, not something worth Quadrillions of dollars. Scandals that were right in plain site of thousands of people, buying and selling aircraft, boats, drugs, taking donations form rich donors and buying guns, setting up fake organizations, funneling parts through Israel to Iran, the list goes on and on.
There's a tidy little war for almost every element in the Periodic Table just so America the Holy can continue to entertain people into mindless consumptive oblivion. The Russian White army vs. the Red Army, Gulf of Tonkin, Walker spy family: these kinds of secret U.S. government actions go way back. We keep secrets every day, some of them are even known by foreign countries, but we have to keep the Illusion going that they are secret, so that the taxpayers don't realize it's a shell game to keep the money flowing from their overproducing activities. Free energy would mean that people wouldn't have to work as many hours to pay the bills, and the cashflow would slow down. If Americans just worked enough to get food, clothing, shelter, the whole house of cards would fall apart.
Do you know why the Cuban missile crisis took place? Because we put nuclear missiles in Turkey, right on Russia's front lawn. It ended when we agreed to remove them, not when "The Grand U.S. Military Stood Up to Russia and Her Agressive Missiles in The Western Hemisphere". The blockade was a crappy bluff. Russia had nuclear torpedoes and could have taken out the blockade carriers any time they wanted to.
Turkey and Greece have never forgiven us for the resulting coup de etats and our CIA menagerie getting involved in their governments while not telling the world the truth.

very interesting discussion guys thanks for the insight into my questions. I think I'm a little out of touch with all conspiracy theories after all.. we're not supposed to no about them anyways hehe.

So assuming what all of you have said is correct, what can all of the general population do about something like this? Steven Greer comes to mind. Should we just keep on discussing these things in forums like this? I think forums are a positive way to get some answers and discuss them. Although maybe forums like this can also lead to a lot of disinformation. This is such a confusing subject I'm going to stop right here for now

I generaly believe all the conspiracy theoraticians. The nutcase conspiracies usually sound more believable than the governments story.
Did ya hear the one about em givin Yassuh Arrowsplat cobalt suppositories?
No?
Well, I just made it up, but it oughta be on Drudge any minute now.
BTW how many got trampled in the Haj this year? I'm keeping score.

So if we don't believe in the reptilian conspiracy or that it was radical islamic terrorists that murdered 3,000 of my fellow NYers, we are part of the 'mindless majority'?

Conspiracy theorists appear to be the extremely judgmental and defensive when somone challenges their theories. Theyare no different then 'you are with us or with the terrorists' mantra, but if you are not with us you are mindless sheep being manipulated by the US government or support Bush and his evil neocon conspiracy. Its completely immature and close minded. Not to mention expecting people to believe 'their way or the highway' is a bit demanding for those who would rather keep explanations within the realm of reality.

"The nutcase conspiracies usually sound more believable than the governments story."

This is what is so strange to me when people believe conspiracy theories. I just dont agree with that concept and I don't completely agree with the 'official story' either. 8)

I love a good conspiracy theory. It's a refreshing diversion from reality.

That's what the Zeta Ray message from the Plejarans told me to post.

David and Gene are Reptilian Cabalists. They have tried to divert attention away from this fact through disinformation. This disinformation is in the form of the attacks on their leader (whom i cannot name). The higher power (Creator) they all worship is actually Steve Jobs who is a Satanist, evidenced by the Apple logo and the cost ($666.) of the Apple I.

pixelsmith said:
David and Gene are Reptilian Cabalists. They have tried to divert attention away from this fact through disinformation. This disinformation is in the form of the attacks on their leader (whom i cannot name). The higher power (Creator) they all worship is actually Steve Jobs who is a Satanist, evidenced by the Apple logo and the cost ($666.) of the Apple I.

If you've ever listened to me on The Tech Night Owl, you would know what I think about Steve Jobs - and worship ain't the emotion that comes to mind.

dB

Back