• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Gene and David as guests

G

Gil Bavel

I'd like to throw out the idea that Gene and David themselves be guests on the Paracast.

They've been at the forefront of paranormal podcasting for long enough now, they are celebrities in their own right and know more about the topic and many of the people in the field that I think it's about time that they get to get the Paracast treatment.

How about we throw out ideas for who would guest host, and ask the questions, and then arrange the date? I for one would like to know about their personal experiences and beliefs, which we don't get to hear nearly enough about. We tune in weekly to hear these sages go toe to toe with the big boys of UFOlogy, their ideas and opinions matter to us--let's dedicate an entire show to it! Once a year.

To get over the obvious self-serving accusations that will inevitably be hurled at them, just quote this post and say, "The listeners want it".

Let's face it, Gene and David are as authoritative on the broad issues of the paranormal as anyone--they've shot down the nutters and had truck with the more well-known, respected people out there. From John Keel to George Adamski to Stanton Friedman and Richard Dolan. The ridiculous to the respectable. Gene and David are knowledgeable and authentic, and it's time we get to hear what _they_ think.

Who's with me?

David has been the guest a few times already, talking about his personal paranormal experiences. And he doesn't hesitate to express his viewpoints unvarnished, except, perhaps, for the frank language he uses here. :)

As for me: Well, I'm so used to interviewing people over the years on the paranormal and tech shows, plus during my former exploits as a mainstream broadcast newsperson that I'd probably be a lousy subject to work the other end of the mic. But I suppose it might be interesting, but, no, Larry King is not invited. :D

Cool idea, it would be nice to listen to just the two of them talk among themselves about how they got into this and what they have learned and believe.

gilbavel said:
Who's with me?
I am. Think it would be interesting. I get the feeling Gene has led a fascinating life and would love to hear more about it.

I had the same idea before, but another host isn't needed. Gene and David have since answered my questions, so I don't need the show now.

Or, maybe just make a question and answer thread for David and Gene. Hopefully they won't hate me for mentioning that lol. They're busy already I think.

I would like to listen to Gene talk about how he got in to UFOs, what he has done and who he has met other the years, and what he believes is going on.

For what it's worth--there seems to be interest--and even though this type of thing has been done before, it sounds like, we've reached a point now where the Paracast has been on for long enough to become an institution in its own right, and this has a new bearing on things. "How does it feel to have one of the more successful shows on the Internet on the subject of the Paranormal?"

I think a guest host would be a good idea, because it would allow Gene and David to truly take off the yoke of "host" and feel free to not be bound by or restricted to the responsibilities of being in charge of the show.

I'd like to point out that Coast to Coast, Dreamland and Earthfiles have all had guest hosts, and while I'd never compare the Paracast to those shows, the concept of having guest hosts seems to work very well on those programs.

It would allow Gene and David to really relax and fully get into the spirit of being guests without having to go on somebody else's show.

I think Richard Dolan would be a good guest host--he's been on the other side of the mic, as it were, in his capacity as a member of "Sci Fi investigates"; Whitley Strieber would be another good choice as he's served as both host and guest on several radio shows and is familiar with the subject matter--not just UFOs and aliens, but all manner of paranormal stuff; Roger Leir has hosted events--I saw him speak at the Bay Area UFO Expo and he was a good host there, as well as his DVDs and videos... he seems to be very at home in the role of host.

And there are more.

As the end of the year approaches, I think the time is right, and I, too, am interested to hear what Gene and David would have to say if they felt comfortable enough to truly open up and say things that they wouldn't necessarily feel was appropriate if they still had the host hats on.

So, there's my two cents.

And, if you're looking for a member of the Paracast discussion group to guest host, I'll happily throw my hat into the ring. I have a good communications voice, I've done radio, and I'm very familiar with the subject material. I've put on UFO speakers myself, and although I think it would be better to have a celebrity guest host, I could certainly pull it off.

I think Bill Birnes might be a better choice, though, based on his experience and that he's a sponsor.

"Inside UFOs" would be a great name for the podcast where Gene and David are the guests...

Yay! Thank you! What a great holiday gift. You guys are the greatest.

I can't wait. This is going to be an awesome show!

Is there any chance of having a longer show one night with Gene and Dave just talking about all facets of their beliefs on questions from us "forumites"?? :)

I'd like to throw out the idea that Gene and David themselves be guests on the Paracast.

They've been at the forefront of paranormal podcasting for long enough now, they are celebrities in their own right and know more about the topic and many of the people in the field that I think it's about time that they get to get the Paracast treatment.

How about we throw out ideas for who would guest host, and ask the questions, and then arrange the date? I for one would like to know about their personal experiences and beliefs, which we don't get to hear nearly enough about. We tune in weekly to hear these sages go toe to toe with the big boys of UFOlogy, their ideas and opinions matter to us--let's dedicate an entire show to it! Once a year.

To get over the obvious self-serving accusations that will inevitably be hurled at them, just quote this post and say, "The listeners want it".

Okay, this episode has already happened, it was great, now it's probably time to take the topic off the forum now.

Back