• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Forum Themes and Changes...

I've extended this change to all the forums and forum themes. I also made a minor change to the "Responsive Design" ad code for the ad in the middle of the page, so it doesn't cover up Latest Threads on an iPad. I only checked it on a recent full-sized model, but it should also behave the same on the iPad mini and most Android tablets of 7 inches or larger.

If you still see a problem, please let me know what kind of device you have — and maybe send a screen shot.

So I see that Gene is still twerking...I mean tweeking...with the forum. miley would be proud of you Mr. S

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4

Thanks for the Featured threads display. So when a new question thread is opened and made a sticky, it'll show up and stay there at least as long as questions can be posted? That would be just what I'd hoped for. :)

• The timestamps on the Latest Threads column were all messed up. I noticed it first with this post: JONATHAN REED STRIKES AGAIN!!!!!!! | The Paracast Community Forums
  • But then they suddenly went OK after I posted a note here.
  • So then I deleted that post, but then the deleted post still showed up in the Latest Threads column.
  • So I posted this instead.
  • So now what I wonder ... ( besides feeling stupid :rolleyes: ), what will happen next.

Last edited:
It sorts in descending order, with the latest posts on the top. If you're not seeing that, please send me a screen capture so I can contact the developers of the utility.

It won't register rapid removals of posts right away because it has to update, and that's not instantaneous.

Ok, I’ll try this again. If not logged in, you cannot necessarily view a forum member’s threads and posts, unless their privacy setting allows for that. Apparently, if you are a forum member you’re allowed to view another member’s threads and posts, irrespective of their privacy settings. Am I mistaken?

Hiding a post means deleting a post. We make the forum available for anyone to see, but only for members to post and engage in personal conversations with other members or moderators. The privacy setting mostly covers whether a member wants to receive alerts or email announcements. You can also ignore a member whose posts you don't want to see, but that privilege doesn't extend to non-members.

Let me try it this way, if not logged in, and wanting to view someone’s profile, I will sometimes get this message.., “The Paracast Community-Error” .., “This member limits who may view their full profile”. However, if logged in you’re able to view their profile in accessing their prior posts and threads. Am I making the slightest bit of sense here?

The reason for inquiring is that on occasion I’ve wanted to see what someone has said in the past. In not knowing what particular thread it was said on, I’ve attempted to locate it through the member’s profile, if they were in fact the one who started the thread which may have been created some years ago. I’m aware of the search toolbar in that it is an extremely useful resource, and greatly appreciated…, thanks.

Back