• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Flash! A New Paracast+ Payment Option

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
We are slowly integrating support for another payment method for those who don't want to use PayPal: Stripe.

So far, it works with lifetime subscriptions, meaning you can use your credit or debit card without having to sign up for anything.

Still to come: Support for recurring subscriptions in Stripe and support for Apple Pay, Android Pay, Google Pay and Microsoft Pay.

Hope this helps you make the move to subscribe to The Paracast+.

Update! The Stripe payment option is listed as "Credit or Debit Card" for clarity.

Take two:

We now have Stripe working as an option to accept all Paracast+ upgrades except for the five-year plan. We can't do that one because of limitations with the Stripe setup.

We are still working on the Apple Pay, Android Pay, Google Pay and Microsoft Pay options. Stay tuned.

Yea well I already subscribe and will continue to do so all things being equal because I enjoy the add free version of the show and have never heard a bad after the Paracast so far.

It's a good idea and for those who don't subscribe I would encourage you to do so.
I have listened to the same shows with adds and then without and you will definitely take more from the add free version.

Important! Again, the new Stripe payment option is listed as "Credit or Debit Card."

Unlike PayPal, it is processed as a regular card transaction without forcing you to join a payment service.

Both XenForo and Stripe are blaming each other for the lack of Apple Pay, Android Pay, Google Pay and Microsoft Pay options.

For now, we accept the following credit or debit cards:

Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Diners Club, and JCB payments from customers worldwide.

And one more thing: It appears that, so long as you have a PayPal account in good standing, you'll be offered two "Pay Later" options on checkout when you order a higher-end subscription (such as five-years or lifetime).

One option uses a PayPal credit account, which you can apply for as part of the checkout process if you don't already have one.

The other is to pay in three or four equal payments of the specified amount.

Note: Even if your PayPal account is in good standing, there may be times when the "Pay Later" option isn't offered. We have no control over that, but if you do see it, it'll help you cover the cost of those longer-term subscriptions.

And (Updated): If you have a Google Pay with the email address you use when joining the forum, you may also see a Google Pay payment option when you choose the "Credit or Debit Card" payment method to pay for your Paracast+ subscription.

So we're getting there: We're still working with Stripe support to add Apple Pay.

And we now have Apple Pay support:

Screen Shot 2022-03-05 at 5.40.52 PM.png

In order for this feature to work, you must have Apple Pay set up in Apple's Wallet app on your iPhone or iPad.

Again, I cannot promise you it'll work for everyone, but we're glad to have another payment option for The Paracast+.

Here's the page you'll see if you have Google Pay (the screen capture was made by my son, who lives in Spain, hence the language for inserting credit card info):

Screen Shot 2022-03-05 at 5.48.02 PM.png

Again the reason these extra choices don't show up with five-year subscriptions is due to the fact that Stripe doesn't support recurring payments of more than one year for each renewal period. But you can still use PayPal's Pay Later option with higher-end Paracast+ subscriptions so long as PayPal considers your account in good standing. Or so they tell me.

Back