• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Fenn's Treasure Cult?

Bhoeskern

Paranormal Novice
A colleague of mine recently spoke about an interesting incident. This incident involves a search for "Fenn's Treasure." So as the abridged version goes:

-His wife's step-uncle got into reading about Fenn's Treasure. Apparently, Fenn released another clue as to where this is buried.

-The step-uncle takes some time off to investigate which leads him to a town in Colorado called Ouray.

-The step-uncle goes missing for three days.

-Family gets in contact (somehow) and retrieves the step-uncle.

-The brother of step-uncle (the father in law of said wife) asks what he's been up to. Step-uncle answers in gibberish mode. Goes on about the poem and the area.

-Rightfully concerned, the brother decides to fly him back home to Iowa (could have been Idaho).

-Along the way back the step-uncle says something along the lines of "they need me back."

-As soon as they get back home, the step-uncle turns around and boards a plane to somewhere.

-Step-uncle goes missing again.

-A missing person report is filed with the FBI. FBI is told step-uncle could be likely be found in Ouray, CO, or in Las Vegas, NV (the connection to Las Vegas is not clear, worked/lived?).

-A couple more days pass and authorities find the step-uncle in an alley sleeping on cardboard boxes.

-Step-uncle is hospitalized. A manner of tests are done but nothing is found physically wrong. No drugs, no alcohol, and no trauma to the head.

-Step-uncle refuses to speak to anyone while hospitalized.

-Family currently in the process of getting step-uncle out of the hospital.

I was told the step-uncle was a clear thinking man. Has a family of his own. He was responsible and has a good job. No medical histories of mental problems in the family. All of this happened within the week and is ongoing.

Strange indeed.

So the cult connection is that in some cases when someone is "under the influence" of cult that person is mentally broken. They would give up any connection to family/friends and, in most cases, financial assets. I don't know whether the step-uncle has given up any financial assets, but it sure seems that he's abandoned the family/friends aspect of his life.

Something happened in Ouray, CO, that changed this man's life for the worse.

Full disclosure: Shamelessly bumping my own thread.

New information has emerged.

-Apparently these visits to Colorado have been been happening for at least a year.

-Usual patterns have been changed. For example: Family trips to the parents house were a regular occurance. All of a sudden these trips to the parents house stopped for roughly three months. When they reoccurred the family members noticed something off, such as the step-uncle performing some 'chants' and encouraging other members to join in.

-When step-uncle was contacted in the town of Ouray, CO, a fellow family member went to see what was up. They walked around for a few minutes (+15) and when they arrived back to the vehicle the family member found some sort of "religious symbology" on his vehicle. Not known is the method of which this "symbology" was applied to his vehicle (marker, chalk, taped, keyed?). Highly doubtful that pictures were taken, probably more concerned of getting out of the area immediately than taking pictures of the symbology.

-Apparently the step-uncle believed that the world would end on April 24th. He was found on the 23rd. Quite an unceremoniously end of the world to be on the streets of Las Vegas on a cardboard box.

-The step-uncles wallet and phone were found away from his personal self. The traces of his phone from the time he arrived from Las Vegas to when it was found showed that it travelled from the MGM Grand to the airport at least twice. Walked or driven, unknown.

-There are emails and texts from the step-uncle to another undisclosed person between the time of his disappearances to present. Unable to obtain said communications.

-The step-uncle has undergone medication. Willfully or forced is unclear. Diagnosed as Paranoia. Family is getting him relocated to back home, wherever that is. Strange thing is that this medication lasts for 30 days per dose?!

So that's all I know. I just find it interesting how a person goes from a family man to, at this point, a cult induction. We're seeing the result of a transformation from a "common man" to a "cultist." It's somewhat frightening that something like this could happen. There are still a mountain of questions that need to be answered to even start to comprehend this kind of change.

As far as I know, they are transferring the step-uncle to another facility closer to home. I doubt we'll known anything more as the man tries to recover. The wife of the man has cut down communication, for good reason. I can't imagine what she is going through. A lot of pressure from all sides to get something done, or at least figure something out.

Back