• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Fantastic free astronomy software

idontunderstand

Skilled Investigator
Hi folks,

Thought you might be interested in this great little bit of software that I found, that lets you view the stars and planets from your exact location as if you were looking up from the ground.

stars.jpg

Theres tons of options in the program, and the best thing is its free! ;)

Stellarium

Versions for PC, MAC, and LINUX

Got anything that can teleport me a mile up in the air? Too many trees around my home and all the good stuff to see is always out of sight and low to the horizon.

idontunderstand said:
Here ya go !

pogo.jpg

;)

I'll kill myself on that thing. I never could get more than a few hops when young. I always wanted to have a near death experience though, so I might try it. Thanks.

Anyone know if we have pics of the new planet found in our solar system? I'm amazed at the lack of info. and discussion on it.

Back